I'm actually glad this game is Akaneia and Awakening only.

If it does have routes, it won't be like mainline SMT. Spinoff series take a much lighter approach to alignments.

From what I've heard and read/spoiled myself on, I think Devil Survivor 1 would like a word with you.

But anyway, I have no real interest in this game; to summarize, it's basically Lowest Common Denominator: The Game.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard and read/spoiled myself on, I think Devil Survivor 1 would like a word with you.

Devil Survivor is much lighter than mainline smt still. Believe it or not.

You are underestimating just how dark mainline SMT is.

Edited by Jedi

Devil Survivor is much lighter than mainline smt still. Believe it or not.

You are underestimating just how dark mainline SMT is.

The specific quote was concerning alignments; I'm not denying it's lighter (it got itself a T rating). I interpreted the quote to mean a softened/dumbed-down alignment system and DeSu1 looks to have the basics down, and having also spoiled parts of SMTIV they seem comparable. Then again, I don't know that much on either of them, so eh.

Edited by The DanMan

The specific quote was concerning alignments; I'm not denying it's lighter (it got itself a T rating). I interpreted the quote to mean a softened/dumbed-down alignment system and DeSu1 looks to have the basics down, and having also spoiled parts of SMTIV they seem comparable. Then again, I don't know that much on either of them, so eh.

Oooh my bad, sorry I jumped in there! I should have read a little bit more.

But anyway, I have no real interest in this game; to summarize, it's basically Lowest Common Denominator: The Game.

...Could you maybe try to put that in a slightly less condescending way? It's a spinoff game combining with SMT concepts so of course they can't put all of FE in there and will instead choose to put in more popular or classic characters.

...Could you maybe try to put that in a slightly less condescending way? It's a spinoff game combining with SMT concepts so of course they can't put all of FE in there and will instead choose to put in more popular or classic characters.

Sorry for being a bit blunt, but it doesn't really resemble SMT at all; it has some basic gameplay concepts, but that's it.

And "all of FE" isn't something that I would want. I (and others here) would prefer an even mixture instead of only Akaneia.

The main series fans of both series couldn't particularly carry a console release; on top of that, most Awakening fans don't have a Wii U (taking the install base disparity as a rough estimate), and the Persona-base that the brighter and peppier atmosphere the game seems to be catering too are mostly on Playstation.

What they've done is understandable, but nevertheless somewhat disappointing.

Could you have put that any worse? Some skimpy outfits = LCD? Okay then. How about you find some eroge and then come back?

Ironically, the character choice is amazing to me. Tharja and Virion are two of my favorite FE characters ever. Caeda and Cain established their archetypes. Chrom is the best Lord. Draug is something but I really couldn't care less about Gilliam or Bors.

Guess I get my perfect game and get to be happy while everyone else misses out. That's a perfectly fine reality for me.

"some skimpy outfits" is quite the understatement.

I count Tsubasa, Kiria, and some optional swimsuits that even the males have. Minami, Tiki, Meiko and Eleanora look fine. Toma shows more skin than Minami does. Tharja got more conservative. Meiko wears something that's not even uncommon. Really, all I see is some people making mountains out of molehills. Marvel comics show more than this game looks to.

The aesthetics of this game don't resemble any SMT game, Persona included (maybe Dancing All Night comes close).

I said concepts not aesthetics.

lol god help us all if Marvel comics is the standard for how woman are depicted in media.

Still doesn't change the fact that it is only Tsubasa and Kiria who get sexualized outfits and that's only their idol outfits and the optional fanservicey outfits which, let's face it, have pretty much been staple in JRPGs since the early 2000's.

I count Tsubasa, Kiria, and some optional swimsuits that even the males have. Minami, Tiki, Meiko and Eleanora look fine. Toma shows more skin than Minami does. Tharja got more conservative. Meiko wears something that's not even uncommon. Really, all I see is some people making mountains out of molehills. Marvel comics show more than this game looks to.

The "some" part of the quote isn't implying more skimpy outfits. It's the general J-pop theme, alongside other things I pointed out earlier on.

And to echo Radiant head, whose to say we don't judge Marvel Comics for what they do?

Well to make things less tense, here's a thought. We know that all of the playable characters' Mirages (so far) have been FE1 or Awakening characters and I seem to remember something about basic enemies just being the generic FE classes. So if this is the case, what if bosses are recognizable characters? We've seen Gangrel, but what if there were also some characters from other FEs as bosses or secret bosses. Like maybe a dual boss fight against Ephraim and Eirika or even a fight against the original Pegasus Knight Trio.

Well when people call this game LCD, they're referring to the fan service aesthetics.

Those people obviously haven't played enough games if they think THIS is LCD.

But seriously, calling it that is uncalled for and insulting to those of us who are interested in playing the game. Come on guys, you're better than this.

Sorry if I don't find "there's worse out there" to be very convincing.

Personally, I'm specifically critical of how the game is being marketed, but I don't have anything against anyone to whom this game might appeal to.

Edited by Radiant head

It appeals to me, but honestly all you need to do that is a highly unusual concept or a character who's personality I like

This has both, what with FE in a modern day setting combined with Tiki being confirmed in it.

My only gripe with it being Archenea only is no Lyn or Roy unless Amiibos make him playable, but I'll look past that.

Edited by MCProductions

Remember that saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, keep silent"?

It applies here. If aspects of the game are THAT BAD, tell Atlus about it, not some random people on the Internet.

Anyone who wants to be pedantic about this sentiment will be warned. It's not that I don't want to hear criticism - but I don't think posting the same thing over and over is productive/wise.

I agree with eclipse, we get it. Some people don't like how this game looks etc, so just leave it be and stop trying to rain on the parade of those people who do like it eh?

It's really quite irritating and reminding me how elitist this fanbase can be again, like the older days of FE, when their precious series couldn't be changed at all or it would spell the doom of the franchise, purely GBA standpoint, but I ran into many a person back in 05 who said PoR would doom the franchise for being on a console and that it wasn't starring a noble.

FE has always been trying new things, and suddenly when Atlus gets their hands to try something odd, people get butthurt, its quite amusing and sad.

Edited by Jedi

I agree with eclipse, we get it. Some people don't like how this game looks etc, so just leave it be and stop trying to rain on the parade of those people who do like it eh?

It's really quite irritating and reminding me how elitist this fanbase can be again, like the older days of FE, when their precious series couldn't be changed at all or it would spell the doom of the franchise, purely GBA standpoint, but I ran into many a person back in 05 who said PoR would doom the franchise for being on a console and that it wasn't starring a noble.

FE has always been trying new things, and suddenly when Atlus gets their hands to try something odd, people get butthurt, its quite amusing and sad.

Agreed.

Besides, it's not like this game is going to change either series. Fans who prefer the typical style of both franchises have Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final and Fire Emblem Fates to look forward to. This game is just a silly spin-off doing it's own thing.