4Koma & Character Book Translations [COMPLETE]

Kirokan

I think Camilla gets my reward for most disappointing character in the game.

It's particulaly infuriating too because she had the exact characterization I hoped she wouldn't have. I was hoping for a playful, but motherly and protective person towards her family and those she cares about. It's not the fanservice that bothers me the most, or even the pseudo-incest (I could barely tolerate Sothe/Micaiah which is arguably creepier), it's the fact that she doesn't seem to give a shit about the rest of her family, only Kamui. Like, what the fuck? That's completely at odds with her character concept, which I'd argue less boring and one-dimensional too.

Edited by Dark Sage

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I do have to agree that the Kamui-centric focus of her character is very annoying. Camilla has two younger siblings besides Kamui -- Leon and Elise. And even if she feels that Leon is competent enough and wouldn't like to be doted on (spoilers, he does want neesan's attention) that's no excuse for her caring more about Kamui than she does about Elise. It's as if the entire family had decided that Kamui's too much of an idiot to do anything on their own and therefore they must dote on Kamui. But it doesn't even feel like they pity Kamui, they apparently genuinely care for Kamui more than the rest of their family and their own damn lives.

Yeah that's the vibe that I'm getting from the Nohrsibs too. It's really odd too because the Nohrsibs went through so much together and when Kamui comes into the picture their family dynamic seems to mainly revolve around Kamui. Really annoying.

Speaking of revolving around Kamui it's really creepy that Camilla was talking about how she's going to cast a spell to watch Kamui all day and night in her first comic. yeesh. When I said that I wanted to see nice sibling interactions with the Nohrsibs and Kamui I did not want to see any of that. Camilla's supports with her siblings are good, but other than that what other good supports does she have?

Edited by Frelia

Er, I dunno

Maybe I'm biased, but I found her support with Elise to be quite good.

......Hmm.......

The problem is more that so many of her other supports focus on Kamui. Her supports with Elise are good, as well as her supports with Leon and Marx. But Kamui gets brought up quite a bit often in some of her other supports. Like with Ryouma, Harold, even her support with Zero is tangentially related to Kamui. Oh yeah, and there's Cyrus. And sort of in Hinoka's too. Maybe others that I can't remember at the moment?

Thank you for your hard work, Kirokan! The artwork seems to vary a lot in quality, though... Some look great and some are just like "wat."

About the comic where the Hoshido siblings were talking about whom they resembled, I'm pretty sure the sisters were talking about their biological mom, not Mikoto. As far as they know, they are half siblings to Kamui, so they are well aware that they aren't going to resemble Mikoto...

The problem is more that so many of her other supports focus on Kamui. Her supports with Elise are good, as well as her supports with Leon and Marx. But Kamui gets brought up quite a bit often in some of her other supports. Like with Ryouma, Harold, even her support with Zero is tangentially related to Kamui. Oh yeah, and there's Cyrus. And sort of in Hinoka's too. Maybe others that I can't remember at the moment?

I still haven't read many of her supports, but from the ones I have read, I definitely agree. Her support with Ryouma, especially, was SO Kamui-centric to the point of absurdity, thus culminating in one of the worst transitions to S-support I've ever seen. Every time I see one of those supports, I am reminded of one of the biggest problems I have with this game...

I still haven't read many of her supports, but from the ones I have read, I definitely agree. Her support with Ryouma, especially, was SO Kamui-centric to the point of absurdity, thus culminating in one of the worst transitions to S-support I've ever seen. Every time I see one of those supports, I am reminded of one of the biggest problems I have with this game...

You mean the Kamui-centric nature of the game? I have to agree. And yeah, thanks for reminding me about Joker's support with Camilla, Frelia, I think that one was particularly bad in that they didn't even propose in the S-support.

It's particulaly infuriating too because she had the exact characterization I hoped she wouldn't have. I was hoping for a playful, but motherly and protective person towards her family and those she cares about. It's not the fanservice that bothers me the most, or even the pseudo-incest (I could barely tolerate Sothe/Micaiah which is arguably creepier), it's the fact that she doesn't seem to give a shit about the rest of her family, only Kamui. Like, what the fuck? That's completely at odds with her character concept, which I'd argue less boring and one-dimensional too.

While the backstory for Micaiah hints at an older-sister/mother figure for Sothe, in the story-proper of RD (and a cryptic message in PoR), their relationship is a lot more ambiguous. They are close and trust each other but the "brother and sister" vibe wasn't that strong (and a marriage between the two only comes up in a possible epilogue). Compare this to Fates that had the "FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY" theme banged over your head from the very beginning AND THEN they act like starting romantic relationships with your siblings isn't weird.

As for Camilla here, she already had an exaggerated, Kamila-obsessed character in the game. If people thought her comic version would somehow be different, they set themselves up for disappointment.

You mean the Kamui-centric nature of the game? I have to agree. And yeah, thanks for reminding me about Joker's support with Camilla, Frelia, I think that one was particularly bad in that they didn't even propose in the S-support.

Yeah. It honestly hindered so many characters' potential developments that I just find the whole thing sad. Most of the cast (especially the royal siblings) really need to get a life outside of Kamui.

Wait, Joker and Camilla? I went back and read it but he did propose to her? It was just the whole Tharja-like deal all over again - if they were both in danger, save Kamui first. I'm a bit confused here...

Hey, maybe Camilla cares more about Kamui than her other siblings because he/she is the only person whom she can treat as a sibling and bang with at the same time without it being biological incest. You don't know her secret desires :P

Edited by Tsuky

It's no problem. I regret reading the Joker/Camilla support so much. It manages to be worse than the Ryouma/Camilla support which I didn't think was possible.

Edited by Frelia

At least Sothe had the advantage of being tied to a better character. For one thing, it's pointed out how unnerving the devotion Micaiah gets from her troops is.

Kamui (or at least how he's used) is problematic as a character.

Wow, that's a lot of jelly donuts for one man

Olga and Hinton are really cute, though

Huh? What's with those ethnic names? Neva' heard of 'em!

I think you mean Olivia and Harry. American characters should have more American sounding names.

Leon's retainers seem to be as dedicated/clingy towards him as Takumi's retainers are towards him. Kamui continues to be a weirdo.