• Leif (FE5)
    • The Path of the Divine Generals (FE6)
    • The Dragon's Gate (FE7)
    • The Final Battle (FE8)
    • Congregation of Ambition (FE9)
    • A Grasping Truth (FE10)
    • Forbidden Sanctuary (FE12)
    • Id - Purpose (FE13)
    • Whatever the Fates ones are (Haven't actually heard them)

The title is fairly self explanatory. For me it's syper close between Holy War, The Final Holy War, Leif, Path of the Divine Generals, and Id - Purpose, but Purpose won out just ever so slightly for me. It sets the mood so well and is just so epic. It always does one of my favorite things in music, being hopeful at one moment and hopeless the next. What do you think?

Despite never actually playing the game, I really like The Final Holy War from FE4, more specifically, this rearranged version of it: http://serenesforest.net/music/genealogy-of-the-holy-war-arranged-soundtrack/

I really want that CD, but yeah. Honestly, that particular arranged soundtrack is either super awesome or kind of not as awesome. For instance, I really don't like their version of Girl from the Spirit Forest, but love their version of Light and Dark or The Final Holy War.

I gotta give it to FE5 for this one if my memory is correct as it is quite poor in regards to FE5 since I have only played it 1 time the final chapter music used there is Leaf`s theme and if I am not mistaken is not only the final chpters theme but is also used throughout some of the late game chapters it is such an inspiring piece I can`t explain the feeling it gives it is just amazing.

The Final Holy War because it really feels like the final map, riffing on both Sigurd's and Celice's first map themes but more...grand. Makes it more conclusive than it otherwise would have been.

Shoutouts to FE2 and FE11's final map themes.

Id ~ Purpose.

It's because "Id" is a reoccurring melody that's used astoundingly well.

The first time you hear "Id", is "Id ~ Dilemma", Grima's theme. Although it's possible to hear "Id ~ Serenity", Robin's theme, before this moment, it's most likely you'll hear Dilemma first.

Then, it's heard again when you encounter the Hierophant. Aka: "Grima" him/herself.

After this, the next time you hear it is "Id ~ Sorrow", also known as "Lucina's Judgement". The segment where Lucina reveals the future to Robin and attempts to kill them.

The time when "Id ~ Serenity", Robin's own theme plays, varies, but it's played during S-Rank supports, most notably Robin's own. You'll probably end up hearing it multiple times if you do any supporting.

Then, "Id" doesn't really play again for the entirety of the Valm arc (Because it's terrible) until you reach Grima once again in the final chapter, where "Id ~ Despair" plays as Robin is captured by Grima... Followed by "Id ~ Return", as Robin makes their triumphant return, and then, at last, "Id ~ Purpose".

It represents the duality of Robin and Grima; it represents Robin themself, their resolve to prove their own identity, their own purpose: to take fate into their own hands and wrest the world free from the Fell Dragon once and for all. It is a culmination of all the joy and sorrow they have experienced in their short life as themself, and not only their own, but the hopes of all their comrades, and the entire world. The desire to give them a world where they can at last live in peace.

No other Fire Emblem game (that I've played, anyway...) has even come CLOSE to this level of depth in a melody for the finale. The closest there really is, is Lyon's Battle Theme, "The Prince's Despair", which is, obviously, a rearrange of Lyon's own theme, carrying the weight of his tragedy with it. But that's a battle theme, not a map theme.

Awakening gets bashed a lot, and I have my own gripes with it, but it has its moments, and some of those moments truly do paint it as a paragon. This is one of those moments. A reoccurring melody has so much power behind it, and it's something most of the other games have kind of shied away from for one reason or another.

Edited by Ritisa

*Laughs

Actually seeing that (aside from ID), I don't really know the FE2/3/4/5/12 themes, so I wonder how many voters actually know all of them.

It'd be a bit funny if I was the odd one out instead

Anyway, my vote goes to (whatever the supposed name of it is) the FE14 final theme. It's hard to objectively describe why I guess.

Maybe it's my own values, but compared to ID, in my opinion, FE14 theme is more..versatile, so it wins points in that regard.

Perhaps unfairly so, but it wins points because it's lyrics are actually well, clearer, so to speak (And it..er...may or may not have more lyrics)

If you ask me, lyrics aside, the FE14 theme has better instrumentals, kind of....

The only real somewhat down side would be that it's kind of a sad song of sorts (not entirely sad, but the lyrics are largely sad anyway, and the theme is what it is), so it kind of loses points for that.

Honestly speaking? I won't really comment so much about the reoccurring melody bit but........

Perhaps you could say I'm a cold, callous, unfeeling person, but I felt that they overused the melodies too much to the point I started to get sick and tired of the melody being in so many songs

(Minor spoilers, but in FE14 as well)

Other comments

FE11: It was a very straightforward theme, of sorts...so it's not too entirely overly outstanding. It's still a pretty good song if I must say so myself

FE6: Similar

FE7: It's kind of disconnected, but I guess it works? It's not overly outstanding either, that is

FE8: Final battle is pretty good, but it's kind of...well, affected by the map being "so short". And the song itself isn't very long either, so yeah.

FE9: FE9 was very disappointing, in a sense. Standalone the song is still pretty good, but objectively speaking, the same music is used in the previous chapters, so it doesn't have that special "touch" that makes it better

FE10: FE10's was very...like, special, to the point that, it was too out of touch with the feel of things. The fact that the map itself was....not very helpful, perhaps

Maybe it's wrong of me to be influenced by the designs of the maps they play in as well.

Technically the FE6 and FE7 map themes play in 2 chapters as well (well, kind of anyway)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

No other Fire Emblem game (that I've played, anyway...) has even come CLOSE to this level of depth in a melody for the finale. The closest there really is, is Lyon's Battle Theme, "The Prince's Despair", which is, obviously, a rearrange of Lyon's own theme, carrying the weight of his tragedy with it. But that's a battle theme, not a map theme.

Maybe Holy War comes close. The game is rather heavy on the musical motifs, even I can tell that to some extend. For example "The Final Holy War" kicks off to the same melody as "Light Inheritor", fittingly the first chapter for the second generation. And the melody after this intro is from "Birth of the Holy Knight" back in the Prologue chapter. Which might be why it's doing so well in this poll. Even if you can't point your finger at it, you can still feel the familiarity.

But yeah, "Id ~ Purpose" wins this one.

Edited by BrightBow

Forbidden Sanctuary all the way. I like it both for the reasons Jedi mentioned earlier and because I'm a complete sucker for organs. Honorable mentions go to Gaiden's, A Grasping Truth, and Showdown at Doluna Keep.

FE2: Very tops imo and was perfect for the situation, but clearly outmatched.

FE4: Empowered by the full circle the plot had gone, starting and ending in the same location and remixing the first map theme to sell this idea. I think they did that amazingly.

FE6: Don't remember it at all, hard to say anything as a result.

FE7: Sounds a bit foreboding as it should, but it's still a bit boring.

FE8: Really catchy, although I forget what the final map it's from is like.

FE12: I played this about half a year ago and barely remember it, that's not very good.

FE13: Good theme and quite memorable.

tl;dr: FE4 > FE13 = FE8 > FE2 > FE7 > FE6 > FE12

Id Purpose is my favorite. FE11 is at second place. As much as I like FE10's OST, I really don't like A Grasping Truth that much.

Also, may I ask what is the final map theme for FE14? If it's the Aqua Song (brave version), then FE14 probably has the best or second best final map theme so far. Seriously, the OST is just fantastic, imo.

I wish "A Hero's Destiny" from Shadow Dragon was the final chapter theme of that game. I really love what it does with the original FE1 player phase theme.

Was "A Hero's Destiny" in FE1? If yes, could you tell me which theme it is because I want to compare both versions and see how much the original one has 'evolved'. I was blown away when I heard the remix version of FE1's "Player Attack" that they included in Fates.

Edited by RidellCrimea