Websites that you liked at first but now dislike.

IceBrand

Cracked.com

It use to be a site where I could read satire or just plain cool stuff about things like history, politics and video games, but has since become a soap-box for feminists, social justice warriors and the like to complain about everyone and everything.

/sadness

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cracked.com

It use to be a site where I could read satire or just plain cool stuff about things like history, politics and video games, but has since become a soap-box for feminists, social justice warriors and the like to complain about everyone and everything.

/sadness

i was coming into here to post this but you beat me to it

not surprisingly, the site has been losing revenue ever since, feminism doesn't pay

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

Why are you all here, then?

Why do you make yourselves suffer every day by going on a website you don't even like anymore?

Personal friends and stuff that only visit Serenes. That, and even if i tried breaking away, i'd come back anyways

of what

i mean god bless esme

Of how much I love it.

Edit: ya esme is great but I don't hate most of sf except when it comes to ppl arguing about whether a game is good or bad.

It's generally fine when mostly everyone or everyone likes the game.

Edited by Severian

i was coming into here to post this but you beat me to it

not surprisingly, the site has been losing revenue ever since, feminism doesn't pay

Heh, sorry about that. :)

In that case they had better throw away the soap box and return to their roots. Feminism indeed does not pay; it drains.

Personal friends and stuff that only visit Serenes. That, and even if i tried breaking away, i'd come back anyways

Hm... I'm not sure I get it, but alright.

>uses unpopular character over a fan favorite, gets insulted.

>uses top tier character over fan favorite, gets insulted

>uses fan favorite character, gets called an thoughtless sheep.

I just realized something about this sig. The first two lines state that a user talking about taking such actions will be insulted. The third simply says they'll be called a sheep. I believe there is a mild implication that being called a sheep is not an insult. :D

Cracked.com

/sadness

>feminist

>bad

ok

>feminist

>bad

ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tQSOlF9ZZM

Not saying ALL feminists are like this so please don't accuse me of that. Just saying, these people exist, and they call themselves feminists. For the record, I am not a misogynist. Just saying that out of self defense.

Why are you all here, then?

Why do you make yourselves suffer every day by going on a website you don't even like anymore?

Anyway, my answer would be GaiaOnline. I used to love that place, but I grew out of it quickly. Haven't been there in years. (7, to be exact.)

Probably until someone cares to give a crap about me

and no i don't love you by saying that.

Unlike you i don't have anything else to do and you probably haven't felt like without no one before due to everyone answering here like they give their ass to you.

If you plan on starting drama

then DONT

INCLUDE

ME.

Jesus christ do you guys only reply to my posts in this shit when it's something that could begin a drama?

you guys make me sick.

Edited by Icarusu

It was a genuine question. I didn't intend to start any "drama" whatsoever. I just found it it strange why people would frequent a site that they dislike, and so I asked why.

Wow, just wow.

Anyway, Gfaqs. Back in the day I didn't know they had a forum, you see...

EDIT: Well I guess that answer doesn't really count because I don't go to the forums there, and the site's main use is the reason people go there, etc.

Edited by Soledai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tQSOlF9ZZM

Not saying ALL feminists are like this so please don't accuse me of that. Just saying, these people exist, and they call themselves feminists. For the record, I am not a misogynist. Just saying that out of self defense.

you ought to have the sense to realize that this is a minority in the feminist population. sure the internet projects their voices louder than the rest, but you need not associate this small group with the whole feminist movement as it is just a speck. im not accusing you of misogyny either, you've given me no reason to think so. not that i can do anything if you are, you're entirely entitled to your own beliefs.

Probably until someone cares to give a crap about me

and no i don't love you by saying that.

Unlike you i don't have anything else to do and you probably haven't felt like without no one before due to everyone answering here like they give their ass to you.

If you plan on starting drama

then DONT

INCLUDE

ME.

Jesus christ do you guys only reply to my posts in this shit when it's something that could begin a drama?

you guys make me sick.

368474ecdd.png

its easier to walk away from the screen when you're on a forum site since you dont know any of us irl. fb is a lot harder, but i dont think you cited that.

Edited by jetbeamcantmeltsteelfuel

you ought to have the sense to realize that this is a minority in the feminist population. sure the internet projects their voices louder than the rest, but you need not associate this small group with the whole feminist movement as it is just a speck. im not accusing you of misogyny either, you've given me no reason to think so. not that i can do anything if you are, you're entirely entitled to your own beliefs.

Not saying ALL feminists are like this so please don't accuse me of that.

Anyway, I'm getting tired of this, so I won't be posting anymore on this thread. Good day.

GameFAQ's, Kotaku, Destructoid, IGN, and other such websites. I don't want to read weird off-the-cusp opinion editorials or stories that are made to troll others every single day. I just want gaming news as it comes in. That's it.

I actually think SF has gotten better. There's always a degree of shitness on every website.

SF has definitely gotten better. It used to be something far more unpleasant than it is now. The larger the userbase got, the more interesting the forums got.

cracked has always been clickbait, hasn't it?

Yes. Yes it has.

>feminist

>bad

ok

Right? How dare those dirty feminists try to upend harmful status quo! Shame on them.

For the topic, TV tropes. I used to really enjoy going there and reading a bunch of tropes and silliness about my favorite stuff. Mostly because i liked looking at the meta applied to such things. But...now its just annoying BS and a bunch of wimpy people complaining about how things are too scary, or misapplying tropes. Its just more or less shit now and has been for a couple years. : (