Do You Always Get All Characters First Time?

SSbardock84

Out of all the games that I have completed, I have only managed it in Awakening (so far).

In PoR you can only get one of Ena/Nasir and of Tibarn/Naesala/Gaffca.

In RD, Pelleas and Sephiran are only available on the second playthrough (on clear data).

I usually try getting all the characters, but there have been some exceptions. I don't bother restarting when I find the character boring and I forgot to bring the person who was was supposed to recruit them. Garret and fe12 Jake are the only characters who I seem to forget all the time though, meaning those two are out of luck.

Not really, and definitely not without guides. Even then there were some characters I simply never bothered with, like Stefan and Xavier. The closest I got was Awakening, in which I got all the base game's characters without a guide but had to look up Walhart.

The first time I played FE7 was the only game I didn't recruit everyone. I was just a noobie kid and didn't know any better.

I then beat the game with everyone recruited though now that I I think about it, I must have forgotten to get Karla since I last played.

Since then I always recruit everyone. That's why I'm saving my FE14 Male Avatar x Zero pairing for the Invisible Kingdom campaign because I don't want to miss out on Kanna and Eponine when I first play through Nohr.

When I played Shadow Dragon, my first play through recruited all the 'normal' units, then my second play through recruited the gaiden characters.

I will never understand why you had to kill units to go to the gaiden chapters...

Edited by Leif

FE8 and FE10 were the only two i got everyone the first time playing the games. FE8, its really pretty tough to miss anyone tbh. FE10, it was a fucking FLUKE that i had Lethe hanging out on one end of the map in 4-3 and Stefan shows up. I had transfers the first run through that game and it was Lethe who recruited him in FE9 so...yeah. Total fluke. So i ended up with everyone.

In FE13, i didnt get all the kids the first run. FE7 has some easily missable people (Karla) in it. FE6, i didnt get the good ending in. I dont think i got everybody in that one. Not done with FE12 yet.

FE8 and FE10 were the only two i got everyone the first time playing the games. FE8, its really pretty tough to miss anyone tbh. FE10, it was a fucking FLUKE that i had Lethe hanging out on one end of the map in 4-3 and Stefan shows up. I had transfers the first run through that game and it was Lethe who recruited him in FE9 so...yeah. Total fluke. So i ended up with everyone.

In FE13, i didnt get all the kids the first run. FE7 has some easily missable people (Karla) in it. FE6, i didnt get the good ending in. I dont think i got everybody in that one. Not done with FE12 yet.

FE6 was the only game I ever imported, due to no region lock on the GBA. That game was tough. It was a miracle that I recruited everyone and got the good ending.

FE6: I killed Garret because I didn't know who to recruit him with. I didn't really care, as I hate axemen anyway.

FE7: I didn't get Karla on any Hector Mode run, because I didn't want to train Batre. I also missed Renault on my first Eliwood mode run.

FE8: I think I got everyone actually.

FE9: I never actually recruit Volke

FE10: Besides Pelleas/Lehran, I don't think I got Gareth.

FE11: Gaiden characters

FE13: Everyone I think.

Except FE11 (those gaiden requirements were just BS) and FE13 (hard to have the kids when you don't even use the first gen), I always made sure that I got every chars.

FE4 is the only one I got everyone, and that was only on the first playthrough I finished. On my first playthrough that I made significant progress on, I missed Jamka. And even then, I never paired Tiltyu, so if you count the subs as not getting units then I missed Tinny and Arthur.

Aside from that

In FE7 I missed Legault (tried really hard to get him but he escaped)

In FE6 I missed a ton of people on various attempts at finishing the game (such as Sue, Treck, and Shin). And I didn't even finish it.

In FE11, I'm not sure who all I missed but probably quite a few, and I never did any of the Gaiden chapters.

In FE13, I accidentally killed Gaius

In FE9 (haven't finished yet), Astrid kept dying on the first turn so I gave up on her and Gatrie. Also I turned down Volke because I thought he looked like a jerk or something I don't know

Didn't finish FE12 and probably won't for a long time, but I didn't get Bantu (I think? Where do you get him anyway?).

Edited by maybe

Didn't finish FE12 and probably won't for a long time, but I didn't get Bantu (I think? Where do you get him anyway?).

Chapter 8 in a village to the right of your starting point. Considering he's not required to recruit anyone, requires you to burn a couple turns to get him in a chapter that pressures you to go go go towards the throne, and sucks, he isn't worth it.

Chapter 8 in a village to the right of your starting point. Considering he's not required to recruit anyone, requires you to burn a couple turns to get him in a chapter that pressures you to go go go towards the throne, and sucks, he isn't worth it.

Oh, yep, I definitely missed him. I made it to chapter 12 without ever getting him.

Yes, it feels incomplete not to recruit everyone. Except Cath, fuck Cath.

EDIT: Also Karla, since I didn't train Bartre.

Edited by Glitchy

FE2: Yes if you don't count the boss duo in Chapter 3 where you can only recruit one.

FE4: Yes if you don't count subs.

FE6: Probably.

FE7: Not Karla.

FE8: Everyone but the guy you get after three runs of the Lagdou Ruins during CC.

FE12: Yes.

FE13: Everyone but some of the SpotPass lads.

Oh ya, I didn't get all the kids either. In fact, now that I think about it I let Henry die on the ch he joins or something. Chrom and Frederick had already married so it was impossible for Sumia to get married.

Once I started getting into Fire Emblem, yes. But only because I looked at how you recruited them. I probably would have killed a lot of characters if I went in 100% blind.

I am a filthy cheater.

With every playthrough, I attempt to recruit every character available in the mode I am playing. There are of course those situations where only one of two can be recruited, so I never count those, as long as I recruit one of the two available options.

Blazing Sword and Awakening, I recruited all available characters, excluding SpotPass characters in FE13. In Radiant Dawn, I recruited everyone except for Nasir and Gareth. I... didn't realise you could recruit them... Not until it was too late. Oops...

I did in Path of Radiance and Awakening. Sacred Stones the only character I didn't recruit was Rennac, and that was because he left the map before I could catch up with him. I'll get him next time

I think the only time I've played through a game to the end without recruiting everybody was that one time I was trying to unlock the sidequests in FE11.

Unless you count mutually exclusive characters (e.g. Wallace/Geitz in FE7 or Ena/Nasir in FE9), of course.

I think the first few times I played FE8 and 9, I missed some of the characters (but restarted the game as soon as I realized it). I remember not knowing that Cormag was recruitable in FE8, and missing Zihark and Stefan in FE9, but I didn't complete those playthroughs.

• 2 weeks later...