Mass shooting kills 9

Raven

i actually do like that about trump. he's an asshole but he tells the truth. he doesnt know how to lie like a politician because he is not a politician. still just as unfit for president like the rest of them, but that is another discussion.

regarding the oregon tragedy, it breaks my heart that nothing will likely occur as a result since these sorts of tragedies are handwaved by politicians. obama will release a statement point blame at republicans and they will defend themselves by citing that the person was mentally ill. i dont know the solution to this problem, but i do know that these attackers are not deemed mentally ill until after the attack.

i actually do like that about trump. he's an asshole but he tells the truth. he doesnt know how to lie like a politician because he is not a politician. still just as unfit for president like the rest of them, but that is another discussion.

just because he doubles down when called out for talking out of his ass instead of owning up to doing so doesn't mean he's "telling the truth" hth

anyway, if a bunch of blonde kindergarteners getting their heads blown off at sandy hook wasn't enough to inspire action on this stuff, literally nothing will

Not necessarily. Sandy Hook and Virginia Tech shooters come to mind. The extent to which violent crime is tied to illness is questionable, but those are two examples of mass shooters who come to mind who were determined to be mentally ill prior to the massacres they committed.

also iirc, stormfront roof was allegedly on medications; drudge sure as hell tried to play that up while downplaying his not so subtle white supremacy

sWMzdTg.png

Edited by I.M. Gei

but i do know that these attackers are not deemed mentally ill until after the attack.

Not necessarily. Sandy Hook and Virginia Tech shooters come to mind. The extent to which violent crime is tied to illness is questionable, but those are two examples of mass shooters who come to mind who were determined to be mentally ill prior to the massacres they committed.

EDIT-I think Trump is too inconsistent to be an example of..."stable" honesty. I only like him because he's outrageous and therefore potentially entertaining.

Edited by Severian

just because he doubles down when called out for talking out of his ass instead of owning up to doing so doesn't mean he's "telling the truth" hth

anyway, if a bunch of blonde kindergarteners getting their heads blown off at sandy hook wasn't enough to inspire action on this stuff, literally nothing will

also iirc, stormfront roof was allegedly on medications; drudge sure as hell tried to play that up while downplaying his not so subtle white supremacy

sWMzdTg.png

I dunno; government repression might inspire people to do whats right. Unfortunately Im starting to think dictatorship is legitimately the only way the US will get off its ass and do what needs to be done, and Im not okay with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably going to catch flack for this opinion, but: it's tragedy. Moving on.

I don't see the massive issue. Would re-tooling and/or expanding background checks help? Yes. But somewhere there's always going to be somebody who's got a major grudge/is crazy and has gotten hold of a gun will do something.

Gun violence has steadily fallen over the past couple of decades (http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/08/us/study-gun-homicide/); it's purely the media cashing in on a story because they can rile everybody up and give politicians something else to talk about. What would have been a local tragedy a decade or two ago is now national headlines, brought to you politicized by the media.

What few actions have been taken are the wrong ones entirely: the "Assault Weapons" regulations made by certain states in the wake of the Sandy Hook incident not only made themselves look dumb (the AR you can get outside of the military stands for Armantine Rifle), but had flat-out lulzy parts to them (seriously? A certain type of grip can get a gun classified as an Assault Weapon?).

But whatever. I'm 16. I can't vote for two years, and certainly don't care too much about politics in general