Olivia - promote from myrmidon to swordmaster or assassin?

Skarrow

Okay,

I just reclassed Olivia into a myrmidon and I got her about to level 17, but I don't know what class to promote her to,

but i'm leaning her towards swordmaster, but assassin is nice too.

Oh! Yay! Olivia! Okay, so first thing you want to do is grab Paragon, probably. So, I would have taken Peg Knight to Dark Flier for Galeforce. Then, Second Seal to Myrmidon, and then Master Seal to Swordmaster. Take that up to Swordfaire, then go Assassin up to Lethality. Then go back to Dancer, go to level 15, and enjoy a power packed Dancer. The skill set I recommend is as follows,

Relief/Vantage

Galeforce

Vantage/Special Dance

Astra

Lethality

You can go for Vantage if you want. I don't like using it as much, since Olivia has insane speed and seems to dodge everything. Sadly, Olivia doesn't have acces to War Cleric, so use Relief if you some slight HP recovery.

Oh! Yay! Olivia! Okay, so first thing you want to do is grab Paragon, probably. So, I would have taken Peg Knight to Dark Flier for Galeforce. Then, Second Seal to Myrmidon, and then Master Seal to Swordmaster. Take that up to Swordfaire, then go Assassin up to Lethality. Then go back to Dancer, go to level 15, and enjoy a power packed Dancer. The skill set I recommend is as follows,

Relief/Vantage

Galeforce

Vantage/Special Dance

Astra

Lethality

You can go for Vantage if you want. I don't like using it as much, since Olivia has insane speed and seems to dodge everything. Sadly, Olivia doesn't have acces to War Cleric, so use Relief if you some slight HP recovery.

:XD: Almost exactly what I do for her :XD: except I run the following skills:

Galeforce

Lethality

Swordfaire

Astra

Special Dance

I usually just keep her near a healer to save myself the trouble of Relief not always working :XD:

Edited by TheSilentChloey

Swordmaster, because it has skills that are actually useful. Lethality and Pass are pretty worthless.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

My usual class path for Olivia: Dancer->Myrmidon->Swordmaster->Dark Flier->Dancer

Final Skill set up: Luck+4, Special Dance, Vantage, Swordfaire, Galeforce

Go the Myrmidon route so she can keep her Sword rank while her Strength is still lacking. Then Swordmaster for Swordfaire (don't care much for Astra as it tends to get my units killed due to lolCounter) and Dark Flier for Galeforce. Then back to Dancer for utility.

Personally, I'd keep her as a Dancer in the end once Olivia gets Pass and/or Swordfaire

Ja. This. Olivia is essentially much more useful in her base class. But its not a bad idea to give her some bomb skills first. Galeforce, Pass, Swordfaire, and whatever seems cool.

My usual class path for Olivia: Dancer->Myrmidon->Swordmaster->Dark Flier->Dancer

Go the Myrmidon route so she can keep her Sword rank while her Strength is still lacking. Then Swordmaster for Swordfaire (don't care much for Astra as it tends to get my units killed due to lolCounter) and Dark Flier for Galeforce. Then back to Dancer for utility.

I do the same class path as well. Optionally you can go through Assassin and get Pass, but boy that's a lot of grinding.

Also, while Galeforce is a must to pass to Inigo, idk how useful it is on Dancer Olivia.

Edited by Radiant head

Also, while Galeforce is a must to pass to Inigo, idk how useful it is on Dancer Olivia.

As Dancer Olivia she only has five move, so it could be used as a transportation utility once she has reliable kill potential; kill faraway enemy, galeforce, dance for unit in range of the killed enemy, use them to do stuff.

Or you could get the +1 move but that's a waste of a skill slot imo, so I think she's one of the best candidates for the Boots.

As Dancer Olivia she only has five move, so it could be used as a transportation utility once she has reliable kill potential; kill faraway enemy, galeforce, dance for unit in range of the killed enemy, use them to do stuff.

Or you could get the +1 move but that's a waste of a skill slot imo, so I think she's one of the best candidates for the Boots.

Dancer is always #1 pick for Boots for me.

I don't know why people recommend you give Dancer Olivia more offensive skills when she can't hold her own in combat by any means. I mean Swordfaire lets her do a slight more damage, and Lethality kills regardless of defensive ability (unless Dragonskin is in play, in which case Olivia shouldn't even be fighting in the first place), but Dancer-livia is best left to dancing and then Rescue Staff-ing her away from the purplish area of the enemies range of view. There just isn't a way to patch up her ability to deal out hits, so leaving her to dancing and teleporting away is probably best.

If anything, Limit Breaker and All Stat +2 are required to make sure all of Olivia's stats aside from Speed, Skill, and Luck aren't left in the 30's so that she can at least survive hits a little better. From there, leave her with Lethality and Vantage to make sure that she can have a chance to kill whatever attempts to kill her when she is on the verge of death.

Special Dance I'm not 100% sure is actually required. The boost is nice, yes, but all of your units are already going to have absurd amounts of stats before Special Dance is applied, and the difference is, if anything, minimal. I mean may as well place it on anyways since you don't want her in combat regardless, but food for thought I guess.

Since Inigo's best parents are Stahl and Frederick, and since I prefer having Stahl be her husband, have one of the two go into either Great Knight, Bow Knight, or Griffon Rider and have them be the back units of a pair-up with Olivia to increase her movement and certain other stats to help her ability to not die if the situation calls for it. Boots will help to, but it isn't like you have much else to use boots on anyways...

Olivia can't learn + Movement. You can only have thieves learn that at level 10

I don't know why people recommend you give Dancer Olivia more offensive skills when she can't hold her own in combat by any means. I mean Swordfaire lets her do a slight more damage, and Lethality kills regardless of defensive ability (unless Dragonskin is in play, in which case Olivia shouldn't even be fighting in the first place), but Dancer-livia is best left to dancing and then Rescue Staff-ing her away from the purplish area of the enemies range of view. There just isn't a way to patch up her ability to deal out hits, so leaving her to dancing and teleporting away is probably best.

If anything, Limit Breaker and All Stat +2 are required to make sure all of Olivia's stats aside from Speed, Skill, and Luck aren't left in the 30's so that she can at least survive hits a little better. From there, leave her with Lethality and Vantage to make sure that she can have a chance to kill whatever attempts to kill her when she is on the verge of death.

Special Dance I'm not 100% sure is actually required. The boost is nice, yes, but all of your units are already going to have absurd amounts of stats before Special Dance is applied, and the difference is, if anything, minimal. I mean may as well place it on anyways since you don't want her in combat regardless, but food for thought I guess.

Since Inigo's best parents are Stahl and Frederick, and since I prefer having Stahl be her husband, have one of the two go into either Great Knight, Bow Knight, or Griffon Rider and have them be the back units of a pair-up with Olivia to increase her movement and certain other stats to help her ability to not die if the situation calls for it. Boots will help to, but it isn't like you have much else to use boots on anyways...

Vantage is practically useless. I'd just keep her out of range or beef up her stats to the point that they cap :/ Edited by Balcerzak

Vantage is practically useless. I'd just keep her out of range or beef up her stats to the point that they cap :/

That is the point of Vantage and Lethality: on the off-chance that you are a screwy dungderhead and leave her in range of enemy fire, at least she can attack back, which under Vantage activation and with a Brave Sword gives her two chances to activate Lethality or let her husband kill the enemy with a high powered assault from a Brave Weapon. Avoid +10 is almost as, if even more, useless, otherwise I would have mentioned it.

...though let me emphasize that you don't want Olivia in enemy fire in the first place. Nothing Wrong, in fact everything right, with letting someone be Olivia's Valkyrie or Sage in Shining Robes. A shame that Olivia doesn't have any "don't kill me" tools in her disposal...

Olivia can't get the Move+1 skill since it's from Thief class :v

That is the point of Vantage and Lethality: on the off-chance that you are a screwy dungderhead and leave her in range of enemy fire, at least she can attack back, which under Vantage activation and with a Brave Sword gives her two chances to activate Lethality or let her husband kill the enemy with a high powered assault from a Brave Weapon. Avoid +10 is almost as, if even more, useless, otherwise I would have mentioned it.

...though let me emphasize that you don't want Olivia in enemy fire in the first place. Nothing Wrong, in fact everything right, with letting someone be Olivia's Valkyrie or Sage in Shining Robes. A shame that Olivia doesn't have any "don't kill me" tools in her disposal...

Yes that would be a really great idea for her to have a skill that prevents death! However she does not D: Also I find that I don't want Olivia to be up front.

Olivia can't get the Move+1 skill since it's from Thief class :v

That's what I said. At level 10 of the theif class which Olivia can't reclass into :/ your best bet is to give her boots to increase her movement range.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

• 4 weeks later...

My Opinion when It comes to what Olivia's class is, is to re-class her so that she can get different abilities, but always keep her a dancer. It's pretty useful to make you units fight again. My skill set for her is:
Astra

Swordfaire

Galeforce

Special Dance (More Useful than you think)

Lethality/Pass

I personally prefer Lethality, but Pass helps ALOT in Lunatic.