What is your least favorite Fire Emblem game?

Lantairu

144 members have voted

1. 1. Least favorite game

• Dark Dragon Sword of Light
    • Gaiden
    • Mystery of the Emblem
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn
    • Shadow Dragon
    • New Mystery of the Emblem
    • Awakening
    • IF/Fates
    • Love them all!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The consensus seems to be that part 2 is the most well written.

What...? I must've gotten that impression from elsewhere (and/or from a time ago), then... Where did you get this from, anyway?

Edited by Levant Colthearts

What...? I must've gotten that impression from elsewhere (and/or from a time ago), then... Where did you get this from, anyway?

Generally here on SF, considering that Part 2 is basically the book-ends of Path of Radiance, and it kept its writing quality somehow.

I guess Awakening, if only because I play it the least and when I do I can't bring myself to play past the first few chapters. But I did play it a ton when it first came out, so maybe I'm just burnt out or something.

I've liked every FE game I've played to some extent, though.

Generally here on SF, considering that Part 2 is basically the book-ends of Path of Radiance, and it kept its writing quality somehow.

Maybe, but still, if that really was the case, I'd have expected to have seen that before now...

The consensus seems to be that part 2 is the most well written.

I would even go as far as the premise of Part 2 having so much potential to be its own game and to be explored further in depth.

But instead, it's the shortest part of the game.

I would go as far as to say Part 2 was the only part I liked plot wise of RD

its just a shame it and part 1 have ABSOLUTELY NO IMPACT on the narrative overall

Despite RD being my least favorite of the series, I do honestly like the game, so I'm going to change my vote to love them all now.

I would even go as far as the premise of Part 2 having so much potential to be its own game and to be explored further in depth.

But instead, it's the shortest part of the game.

You could say Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 merged with Part 4 all could have had games to themselves. I suspect that RD has the same problem as Awakening in that the developers weren't sure which direction to take the game, and so we ended up getting a mess.

I didn't like Part 2 when I first played it because it was short and disjointed gameplaywise, but plotwise it was easily the best part.

If I was stuck on a desert island with a constant supply of electricity and I could only take one Fire Emblem game with me, FE6 would be the last on my list. But Awakening would be on top since I haven't played it and it has more replay value than PoR, so take that opinion with a grain of salt.

Only onto my fourth game in the series but the DS game is definitely the worse. Bad graphics, dull story. Slow gameplay. Maps are too big.

I assume you mean Shadow Dragon specifically?

Not breaking any new ground here but of all the games I've played (all NA released games + FE6&14), Shadow Dragon is definitely the worst. Dull story, extremely forgettable characters, ugly art design, stupid gaiden requirements.... I just can't find anything nice to say about it. It's a real chore to play and I haven't finished it yet.

Yep. Wind Waker came out. Got tons of hate. Twilight Princess came out. Got tons of hate. Wind Waker is now considered okay. Skyward Sword comes out. Got tons of hate. Twilight Princess is now considered okay. Wind Waker is now considered masterpiece.

It might just have been that I was hanging out with a different part of FE fandom at that time, but before Awakening came out it was FE4 that was considered the masterpiece and Radiant Dawn was considered the worst (not many people even knew that Shadow Dragon existed, and those that did just considered it forgettable). Then Awakening comes out and it's the worst and FE5 is the best.

Don't know if Zelda Cycle actually applies to FE fandom, but I'll wait and see. If I start seeing unending praise for FE6 or 7 I'll know.

I guess I don't subscribe to that logic. Although I was skeptical of Windwaker's art design pre-release, it became one of my favorite games for art, story and atmosphere. I never doubted Twilight Princess and it's still one of my favorites.

I went into Awakening with no expectations and consider it an okay game. Not an abomination but flawed. Fates is better in almost every way.

Its hard to choose between gaiden because it has aged horribly and shadow dragon because its a down right lazy remake, im gonna have to go with shadow dragon as my least favourite, fe3 did it right shadow dragon ! what went wrong.

Its hard to choose between gaiden because it has aged horribly and shadow dragon because its a down right lazy remake, im gonna have to go with shadow dragon as my least favourite, fe3 did it right shadow dragon ! what went wrong.

What did FE3 book 1 do better as a remake than Shadow Dragon?

What did FE3 book 1 do better as a remake than Shadow Dragon?

I'm curious of that too. Because I'd say... nothing, really. All it really has that Shadow Dragon doesn't is dismounting, which I felt was pretty unnecessary to begin with.

Edited by maybe

Plus, didn't FE3 Book 1 remove some characters? Er do I have that wrong?

^Not only did it remove some characters, but several chapters as well.

That it did. That said, I consider cut content a minor annoyance at best, for the most part.

I honestly don't find content being removed a deal breaker either, but I still think FE11 has more going for it, given the more up to date graphics, various difficulty settings, reclassing and forging, and if we put weight onto minor components, it also has playable ballistae and arms scrolls. Oh and Gradivus is actually a godlike weapon there

I don't quite see why everyone (not literally) considers the Gaiden reqs a deal breaker (or more like exceptionally bad thing) either. I mean, the gaidens are pretty worthless on the whole, if you really care to recruit everyone and keep them alive the gaidens won't affect your playthrough at all. I understand that it's an annoyance and should've been done differently, but it's better than a flaw that renders the game tedious or similar, such as super long EPs that aren't skippable.

I personally enjoyed every playthrough of FE11 I've done, be it a random casual run, a Marth solo, a draft or whatever.

Edited by Gradivus.

FE11 does get props for what it did add, like the skipable enemy phases, reclass and such, it makes replaying it pretty fun to see how absurd you can make characters via class changes.

^Not only did it remove some characters, but several chapters as well.

It saddens me to see Shadow Dragon and Awakening get this much dislike tho, I adore both of those games.

I love Shadow Dragon and I enjoy Awakening, but I'm not surprised by either of them getting a lot of votes. People do have legitimate issues with both of them.

FE11 does get props for what it did add, like the skipable enemy phases, reclass and such, it makes replaying it pretty fun to see how absurd you can make characters via class changes.

One of the things I also love about Shadow Dragon is that it's relatively easy to simply just pick up and play. The gameplay feels so quick compared to other games in the series, especially comparied to FE1 and FE3 Book 1. No distractions in it, it's just pure, simple, Fire Emblem.