What is your least favorite Fire Emblem game?

Lantairu

144 members have voted

1. 1. Least favorite game

• Dark Dragon Sword of Light
    • Gaiden
    • Mystery of the Emblem
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn
    • Shadow Dragon
    • New Mystery of the Emblem
    • Awakening
    • IF/Fates
    • Love them all!

FE11 actually does have supports, just not support conversations.

Tho one would only logically figure this out by having knowledge of the Japan only FE games, and then thinking to test if that system works or not. I have, and there is the Kaga era support system implemented in SD.

Why they used that system, and not the modern one is anyones guess, but it works I guess

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I felt that Shadow Dragon didn't innovate enough from the original(which made it feel outdated upon release) and was oversimplified in both story and gameplay compared to the games that came before and after it.

I don't really care what the games look like as long as they have a good story and/or are really fun. I feel like everyone hating on Awakening are the genwunners of the Fire Emblem community. Everyone has their opinion, but I love every Fire Emblem game.

Not everyone. I'm one of Awakening's defenders around the interwebs, and I've encountered plenty of people who have perfectly legitimate reasons for disliking Awakening other than "teh weeboos" and "not muh furemblum"

I honestly can't say :( I just love them all. Even if I narrow it down to the ones I dislike the most its just hard for me to say which one I favor less. Because I like different things about each game and dislike things from each game. Most of the games I hold on the same level, but Awakening and Radiant Dawn the highest.

Seth exists yet they introduce trainees, among other questionable choices.

They pull the Gaiden aspects, but don't fully split Eirika and Ephraims routes and have both playable, and its much shorter then the usual FE's. I dno I just felt like it dropped the ball in a lot of aspects.

I agree FE8 sucked pretty badly and is definitely the worst game out of "the golden age" of FE4-FE10. It's pretty much the FF8 of the series, some cool new gameplay mechanics, but a story, difficulty, and characters that weren't good enough to make the game enjoyable (at least for me).

I agree FE8 sucked pretty badly and is definitely the worst game out of "the golden age" of FE4-FE10. It's pretty much the FF8 of the series, some cool new gameplay mechanics, but a story, difficulty, and characters that weren't good enough to make the game enjoyable (at least for me).

I find it funny you say that, since I kinda like FF8 (admittedly, though, I haven't played enough of it to form a solid opinion on it). That said, I think Sacred Stones was the weakest of the FE games that made it overseas, discounting Shadow Dragon.

FE11 actually does have supports, just not support conversations.

Tho one would only logically figure this out by having knowledge of the Japan only FE games, and then thinking to test if that system works or not. I have, and there is the Kaga era support system implemented in SD.

Why they used that system, and not the modern one is anyones guess, but it works I guess

It does?? Where? I dont remember ever seeing anything resembling supports in that game. Kaga system? Is that that weird "hidden" support system thing? Do explain....

It does?? Where? I dont remember ever seeing anything resembling supports in that game. Kaga system? Is that that weird "hidden" support system thing? Do explain....

Supposedly. Though unlike in FE3, where the supports were built in (think bond supports), they needed to grow first.

for me, despite that you all know how much i hate awakening and lot of stuff in it, its actually FE5.

BEFORE YOU TORCH ME LET ME EXPLAIN

for no reason FE5 went back to 20 stat caps after 2 and 4 already started to break those, i disliked that, i disliked how many ways there are to lock yourself out of a winning file, meanwhile other other games you just had to improvise, i hate how fatigue is a thing, not because it forces me to switch my party, but because there is no reason to not keep using a unit once it becomes fatigued in the middle of battle, i hate how stupid some of the recruitment options are to get, i hate the awful fan translation that still hasn't gotten an improvement yet, i hate the cheap fog of war that encourages turtling and blindly moving units, i hate how for all that trouble you go threw, the final boss is no better then the generic black mage, i hate how status effect staffs last the whole map, i hate how healing staffs can miss for no reason.

i can see why people like it, but how can this rushed game with loads of problems be the prime example of what a "fire emblem game should be" and a testament to Kaga's good work.

that is all

Subjectively it's FE11, because it has almost no story and no character presentation. The game can be done in one day easily.

However it must be noted that it's a remake of the very first game. And it was intended not to change these things.

Bold: I disagree - the thing is, the game Shadow Dragon is a remake of is a poorly designed NES game that had aged poorly to begin with. Logically, one would assume that it'd need to really innovate a lot from said original to be decent, which it didn't.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

What's poorly designed about FE1?

UI, trading and storage mechanics, some map designs

Shadow Dragon fixed two of those things though

And healers not getting experience for healing - they actually needed to get attacked to get exp.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Shadow Dragon

The original FE game might have been hard to work with, but there's no excuse for a modern day game to be that dry and boring. Which is a shame, because they did well in improving the characters/writing.

FE7 is probably a close second.

Edited by Radiant head

UI, trading and storage mechanics, some map designs

The first two fall under aging poorly, you'll have to explain the last one (and why they're worse than any other game in the series).

And healers not getting experience for healing - they actually needed to get attacked to get exp.

That, again, falls under aging poorly. There's nothing intrinsically poorly designed about healers remaining as static characters.

I haven't played FE 1-5, so I can't pass judgement on them. However, I have played Shadow Dragon. It was alright to play through, but it was just kinda forgettable and let down for me. It definitely felt like a step backwards in the series, which it very well may have been, since it was the remake of the first game. But I just wanted it to update the gameplay a little more and bring that story into the modern era. All in all, it wasn't too bad, but it's definitely my least favorite.

That, again, falls under aging poorly. There's nothing intrinsically poorly designed about healers remaining as static characters.

But if IS really wanted healers to be static characters, they would've made it so that they couldn't get EXP no matter what you did. As is, it just reeks of inexcusably stupid game design.

It seems this thread has now become the official Shadow Dragon hate thread.

What? People are just giving their reasons why they don't like a game. If that's already "hating" ... Besides, you're asking for the least favourites. What did you expect?

What? People are just giving their reasons why they don't like a game. If that's already "hating" ... Besides, you're asking for the least favourites. What did you expect?

I'm not complaining, I'm just saying what it is. Honestly, I was expecting a lot of hate for Shadow Dragon anyways. Go to town on ragging on your least favorite all you want, that's the point of the thread. Don't think I'm complaining just for pointing something out.

Not surprised that Awakening got a lot of votes

I swear I'm the odd one who started with Awakening, loved it, then played the older ones and grew to dislike Awakening more and more as time went on. I don't think it's bad, just a disappointing step back in terms of Fire Emblem. Hopefully Fates will be better.