Yet again, two videos released. One a major Intro-Video

You're quick, I was about to post about them. I think there is a minor spoiler for Yashiro's trailer ?

He seems to start as, or maybe just is an antagonist. If he indeed is a party member, that would be a nice reference to the recrutement mechanics of Fire Emblem.

Also I really like the

in the overview trailer.

I think he's demonstrating why the initial three are a bunch of noobcakes. Though in the Archanea saga, it's Caeda who recruits Navarre, so. . .

His voice and style scream boy band, but he's a full-grown man. I approve.

Edited by eclipse

You're quick, I was about to post about them. I think there is a minor spoiler for Yashiro's trailer ?

He seems to start as, or maybe just is an antagonist. If he indeed is a party member, that would be a nice reference to the recrutement mechanics of Fire Emblem.

Also I really like the

in the overview trailer.

Nah he's just Tsundere for our lead male protagonist, no doubt. Kinda like Kai from Beyblade

Yea it looks really swag. I hope it has nice calm menu music to go with it, and neato menu sounds. It's too beautiful to be wrecked by poor audio design.

I wonder if it's as you both say. I really can't tell if he is/will be an ally or an ennemy, but I suppose him having his own character trailer like the others suggests that he'll join at some point.

Nice catch for Shiida recruting Navarre, I didn't play the games, so I don't really know much about them, but it could be mirrored in the game somehow.

Well, since music, and in general arts seems to be a pretty big theme of the game, I wouldn't worry too much about poor audio design. Plus Atlus have done very well in that regard in games like Persona (and probably more games, but I've only played these).

The game releases pretty soon, I wonder if they still have unknown things to reveal for the few next weeks updates.

Edit : I've seen these plus the new one translations of the characters profiles pages from the official site. I also hope that they'll release a wallpaper or something of the menu screen.

Edited by Avk

It makes sense for Tsurugi to start as an enemy seeing as his Mirage is Navarre, a character who started an entire trend throughout the series of fast, high crit sword wielders who have to be recruited from the enemy side.

Also his fusion with Navarre looks super tight.

And with his singing voice I can definitely tell that his VAs played one of the guys from Free!

I don't know how precise and complete wikipedia is, but Free! is not mentionned. However, he apparently did Male Robin and Morgan from Awakening, and also Shigure from If/Fates.

Edit : nevermind, he is, in the top right corner.

Edited by Avk

I wonder if Tsurugi is going to have some sort of connection to Marth, or at least his bloodline. We already know characters from the FE universe can appear here due to Tiki, so I don't think it would be too far fetched. First of all, he has blue hair which the majority of Marth's bloodline has. He has two different eye colors, with the left one being the color of the Brand in Lucina's eyes. This already seems to have some importance the way he clutches at his eye at the beginning of his trailer. When he merges with Navarre, he gets long blue hair that(to me at least) greatly resembles what Anri was noted to have looked like. The inside of his cape(which can be seen near the beginning) has what appears to be a design of a golden dragon that greatly resembles Naga. And lastly, his name, Tsurugi, as any FE player knows, translates to sword. The main weapon of nearly all the lords of the series.

Edited by Jagen

Not sure if anyone noticed, but you can see an icon for Tiki in the status menu

I wonder if it's as you both say. I really can't tell if he is/will be an ally or an ennemy, but I suppose him having his own character trailer like the others suggests that he'll join at some point.

Nice catch for Shiida recruting Navarre, I didn't play the games, so I don't really know much about them, but it could be mirrored in the game somehow.

Well, since music, and in general arts seems to be a pretty big theme of the game, I wouldn't worry too much about poor audio design. Plus Atlus have done very well in that regard in games like Persona (and probably more games, but I've only played these).

The game releases pretty soon, I wonder if they still have unknown things to reveal for the few next weeks updates.

Edit : I've seen these plus the new one translations of the characters profiles pages from the official site. I also hope that they'll release a wallpaper or something of the menu screen.

We've seen his icon in battle in earlier trailers

Not sure if anyone noticed, but you can see an icon for Tiki in the status menu

We've seen his icon in battle in earlier trailers

Yeah, I just remembered a few moments ago. Well, seems like him being an enemy before being recruted is more likely, or he could just straight up being an ally but seeing how he acts in the trailer I doubt that.

Didn't notice the Tiki icon, but Maiko and Barry also have one, so the status screen probably also include supporting characters ?

I'm expecting Yashiro's role in the game to be something like Navarre's too, yeah.

I mean, look at the guy. His design just screams "rival bishounen antihero who joins midway through the story".

I'm not sure I got a whole lot out of this trailer without a translation, but somehow it has me more excited for the game all the same.

Not that anyone cares...

0:59 the leather pants have returned

I noticed that too, and I'm wondering why they made the change. Something to do with the rating? It's hardly the most revealing costume in the game, though.... Did they decide pants better matched her usual style? But this came pretty late in development, it seems, considering we saw the original design only a few months ago.

n-not that I care or anything. ...baka.

This game looks amazing. The characters, gameplay, and even Mirages are super cool.

I'm definitely going to put Mamori and Yashiro in my party and never letting them leave it. Barry and Maiko if they're playable would also be fun.

This game looks amazing. The characters, gameplay, and even Mirages are super cool.

I'm definitely going to put Mamori and Yashiro in my party and never letting them leave it. Barry and Maiko if they're playable would also be fun.

Barry has already been confirmed as playable, the only thing we know really battle wise is that he uses an axe, we've yet to see his mirage (I'd guess Vaike). Maiko has been seen in status screens, like Tiki was in an earlier post on this thread, suggesting that she may be playable. Her name means dancing child, so Maiko might be paired with Olivia or something.

Barry has already been confirmed as playable, the only thing we know really battle wise is that he uses an axe, we've yet to see his mirage (I'd guess Vaike). Maiko has been seen in status screens, like Tiki was in an earlier post on this thread, suggesting that she may be playable. Her name means dancing child, so Maiko might be paired with Olivia or something.

Do you have a source for that ? I don't remember seeing him playable. For Tiki and Maiko, they seem like supporting characters to me, they may end up playable, but I think Atlus would have showed them first instead of a more distant character like Yashiro if they were.

I wouldn't mind having them in playable though, counting them and Barry, 10 characters to choose from would be pretty nice (well, 9 since I suppose Itsuki will be mandatory).

Now that you mention it, I'm wondering how the game will handle relationships (romantic and otherwise). I kind of assumed they'd just develop as part of the story and didn't think much about it, but the Persona series at least has made building relationships a big part of the games, haven't they? I've yet to play one myself, I admit. But considering the importance of support conversations in Fire Emblem... I'm hoping we'll get something like that here. Maybe it wouldn't be unexpected after all.

Now that you mention it, I'm wondering how the game will handle relationships (romantic and otherwise). I kind of assumed they'd just develop as part of the story and didn't think much about it, but the Persona series at least has made building relationships a big part of the games, haven't they? I've yet to play one myself, I admit. But considering the importance of support conversations in Fire Emblem... I'm hoping we'll get something like that here. Maybe it wouldn't be unexpected after all.

Persona at least the later ones do focus a bit on the main character making "Social Links" with various characters, both in their party and outside of it with certain NPCs, and through this the world feels more alive and you get bonuses to certain "Arcana" depending on your level of friendship etc with them, which certain Persona's fall under, making those particular ones more powerful.

Considering FE uses supports and stuff, I wouldn't be surprised to see a system like Social Links or Supports appearing.

Edited by Jedi