Xenoblade Chronicles X

solrocknroll

I have put in about 160 hours over the last month into this game; I may have a problem...

You and me both lol

does anyone know if augments stack.

for example if I put overdrive recover hp 10% on five pieces of armour will it recover 50% or just 10% ?

Afaik they will indeed stack, so go ahead and pump up what you want.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have put in about 160 hours over the last month into this game; I may have a problem...

You and me both lol

I guess that makes three of us then.

does anyone know if augments stack.

for example if I put overdrive recover hp 10% on five pieces of armour will it recover 50% or just 10% ?

They can indeed stack, though there is a cap to how much you can increase any one stat.

They can indeed stack, though there is a cap to how much you can increase any one stat.

There isn't, actually. It's what makes augmenting so broken in comparison to the original Xenoblade.

There isn't, actually. It's what makes augmenting so broken in comparison to the original Xenoblade.

Wow, I was sure I read there was a cap.

Well at least, they balanced that by making getting the augments way more of a chore than the original. You either have to farm mobs for an hour to build 1 XX augment or farm reward tickets for an hour to.

In XC, you even had the opportunity to have 2 top tier gems for the price of one.

I'm REALLY not getting how this game works, and it's affecting my enjoyment of it.

My armor is no doubt sub-optimal. I've just put on whatever drops from monsters and have otherwise not bothered. As such, my avatar and Elma especially seem to be falling in battle really easily. I finished Chapter 4 and did A Foggy Dilemma, so I have Phog. I also found Yelv, so I'm currently doing Meeting Yelv. It requires a collectible, but luckily I had two of it, so I need one more.

As it stands, I never swapped out armor for a long time in XB. I was at the Hidden Village with the stuff I got in Alcamoth. I also did quests that need things by trading, but oh, trading's gone.

I'm holding off exploring Noctilum because the Chapter 3 portion turned me off, but I'm enjoying Oblivia and Primordia. Eventually I'll go see the other two continents. I've actually only done one "quest" being Myles to Go or whatever. I really think I should find more. I've pretty much never been in the Manufacturing District.

Also yeah I've had this game since release and I'm only 11 hours in because I can't play my Wii U all of the time.

I'm REALLY not getting how this game works, and it's affecting my enjoyment of it.

My armor is no doubt sub-optimal. I've just put on whatever drops from monsters and have otherwise not bothered. As such, my avatar and Elma especially seem to be falling in battle really easily. I finished Chapter 4 and did A Foggy Dilemma, so I have Phog. I also found Yelv, so I'm currently doing Meeting Yelv. It requires a collectible, but luckily I had two of it, so I need one more.

As it stands, I never swapped out armor for a long time in XB. I was at the Hidden Village with the stuff I got in Alcamoth. I also did quests that need things by trading, but oh, trading's gone.

I'm holding off exploring Noctilum because the Chapter 3 portion turned me off, but I'm enjoying Oblivia and Primordia. Eventually I'll go see the other two continents. I've actually only done one "quest" being Myles to Go or whatever. I really think I should find more. I've pretty much never been in the Manufacturing District.

Also yeah I've had this game since release and I'm only 11 hours in because I can't play my Wii U all of the time.

The text is also hard to read too which makes it hard to enjoy as well.

-----

I've already started the game!

I did a squad quest with someone named melia who did look kinda like Melia. I didn't take a close enough look at her gear really. But then when we did the quest she got in a skell and completely demolished the enemies. Wasn't that fun of a squad mission.

I've just finished and I must say I was very disappointed with the story. The other aspects of the game were pretty well done (except that tiny ass font size) but the story was so entirely meh. It was clearly there just to facilitate the world building. Which is fine but I was really buying the game more for the story than anything else since I enjoyed the first Xenoblade's plot so much. Aside from the stuff regarding Lao I found little in it compelling and all the plot twists were either predictable or ultimately pretty pointless/illogical. I'm kind of hoping someone here really did like the story and can argue a case for it because I want to enjoy it I really do but it just came off as so completely lackluster.

I did a squad quest with someone named melia who did look kinda like Melia. I didn't take a close enough look at her gear really. But then when we did the quest she got in a skell and completely demolished the enemies. Wasn't that fun of a squad mission.

Well depends on which mission you go on. Right now global nemesis are on for days and it's been nothing but amazing farming for reward ticketing. Speaking of that last night got a chance to play 4 player co-op in one of the rooms. These guy's builds are insane. All them overdrives.

I've just finished and I must say I was very disappointed with the story. The other aspects of the game were pretty well done (except that tiny ass font size) but the story was so entirely meh. It was clearly there just to facilitate the world building. Which is fine but I was really buying the game more for the story than anything else since I enjoyed the first Xenoblade's plot so much. Aside from the stuff regarding Lao I found little in it compelling and all the plot twists were either predictable or ultimately pretty pointless/illogical. I'm kind of hoping someone here really did like the story and can argue a case for it because I want to enjoy it I really do but it just came off as so completely lackluster.

Everyone harps on about how amazing the story of Xenoblade is but I found it really mediocre with some decent plot-twists.

Everyone harps on about how amazing the story of Xenoblade is but I found it really mediocre with some decent plot-twists.

I found Xenoblade's story incredibly engaging. I loved the world and characters especially.

I'm not a space opera kinda guy, so X isn't my leaning. I am attempting to find good things, but I certainly am not going to put in one-hundred hours of work unlike the original.

Weirdly, Noctilum is what's ruining this game for me. I loved Frontier Village but didn't like Makna Forest on the outside. Now imagine a denser, labyrinthine Makna. The fact that I have to survey Noctilum is really not making me happy.

I'm also not seeing any equal to Eryth Sea, Agniratha, and the Fallen Arm. This game needs more cities. I loved all the cities from Xenoblade :/

EDIT: One last thing: I wish enemies were separated by level. I hate being constantly chased by enemies. In Xenoblade, I went around overleveled and tended to never aggro enemies outside of the second half of the game (where enemies were quite high leveled).

Edited by Miss Kira

I haven't beaten it yet thanks to getting super busy with new games for Christmas, but experiencing the world is what makes the game great to me. The story hasn't been much to write home about thus far, but I'm not really playing the game for the story.

I'm liking the story. It's keeping me really engaged and I look forward for what's going to happen next, but I can totally understand why people doesn't like the approach they took, since the game isn't really centered on it. I really like the way Mira is as well. It being huge and full of areas to explore is great, and I also like the fact that low leveled and high leveled enemies are all over the world, which makes it look "real". I do wish the areas were a little bit more diverse, though.

Edited by Nobody

Well depends on which mission you go on. Right now global nemesis are on for days and it's been nothing but amazing farming for reward ticketing. Speaking of that last night got a chance to play 4 player co-op in one of the rooms. These guy's builds are insane. All them overdrives.

From the arts they were using, it was probably the 'Ether Blossom' build. Which is probably the most popular end-game infinite overdrive build.

Why care when the game's healing has been badly nerfed to 1/8th and that the level cap has been nerfed to 60. Sick and tired of all the nerfs, but I'm just playing it for the story even though that this game isn't a play for newcomers. No kidding since already have been killed many times in the beginning of the game! The aliens at the pod base from the cutscene where some troops died by them. Have it on tape and waiting to get it up. Elma and Lin are getting permanently benched since I'm supposed to have lost them for good at that battle. It'll be more fun if I replace them with Eleanor, Irina and Tatsu! Avatar is getting used still because of by force and can't remove from the party. It'll be the same clause as from Fire Emblem and FFT for the avatar in terms of main character! Loving the difficulty and the story is how it should be!

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

@Kira

I'm not looking as you stated it to be a spoiler. ^_^

-----

Healing cannot be done without arts that assist it or by pressing B at the right times during battle. Even so, they only get restored by an 1/8th. I just have to learn from my mistakes and have to look further into the arts section of the Xenoblade website since the text is hard to read! The game still would have been better if I could get my replacements now! But...since I don't get them right now, they only will be used until that they are available then they are off to the bench.

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

I admit that I benched Elma and Lin pretty hard so I could use other people, but I'm also guilty of abusing the level-down mechanic on the Chapter 4 boss.

Phog is probably my favorite character in the game, but I still prefer Fiora. I chose Cristina Vee as my avatar's voice, but as soon as I get the option, I'm going Carina Reeves immediately. I kinda regret not starting out with her voice. I like actually follow Carina Reeves on Twitter and stuff because I'm a weirdo.

Benching Lin and Elma isn't really a good decision since they're mandatory for literally every single story mission.

I don't care. They should be dead! I'm not going to learn from my mistakes if I don't! I'll give them a proper burial!

I admit that I benched Elma and Lin pretty hard so I could use other people, but I'm also guilty of abusing the level-down mechanic on the Chapter 4 boss.

Phog is probably my favorite character in the game, but I still prefer Fiora. I chose Cristina Vee as my avatar's voice, but as soon as I get the option, I'm going Carina Reeves immediately. I kinda regret not starting out with her voice. I like actually follow Carina Reeves on Twitter and stuff because I'm a weirdo.

I only pick hers and Adom Howden's voice!

----

That loss hatched me this idea. Plus it'll make my run more interesting. Wanna see them in action, go watch someone elses run of the game as I will not be using them. They are going to be cutscene only in my run. I'm maining with Irina, Eleanor, Avatar and Tatsu. Plus that battle won't be special if they aren't to remain dead!

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

Why care when the game's healing has been badly nerfed to 1/8th and that the level cap has been nerfed to 60. Sick and tired of all the nerfs, but I'm just playing it for the story even though that this game isn't a play for newcomers. No kidding since already have been killed many times in the beginning of the game! The aliens at the pod base from the cutscene where some troops died by them. Have it on tape and waiting to get it up. Elma and Lin are getting permanently benched since I'm supposed to have lost them for good at that battle. It'll be more fun if I replace them with Eleanor, Irina and Tatsu! Avatar is getting used still because of by force and can't remove from the party. It'll be the same clause as from Fire Emblem and FFT for the avatar in terms of main character! Loving the difficulty and the story is how it should be!

Ironically, Irina is way worse in terms of AI usuability. She is designed to be a support character with buffs and healing unfortunately, she has shit HP to the point that even the best armor could not save her. Even though the story always tells you that Irina is the better soldier than Gwin, Gwin's AI is the better party member in terms of combat and usability and staying alive for most of the game. You really have to invest in her a lot in order to get results from her compared to the other party members.

People always complain on how bad Elma and Lin is but really the AI that uses them are stupid or people don't have their Arts setup properly. Elma can become one of your most OP party members in the game. I even used them once and they do pretty well and can hold on their own well.

Most of the male characters are honestly the better AI party members.

The levelcaps are there for a reason. Augmentations become so good in postgame that making your level cap even higher would just completely break the game. They really want you to use Skells for higher level situations.

Edited by kingddd

Ironically, Irina is way worse in terms of AI usuability. She is designed to be a support character with buffs and healing unfortunately, she has shit HP to the point that even the best armor could not save her. Even though the story always tells you that Irina is the better soldier than Gwin, Gwin's AI is the better party member in terms of combat and usability and staying alive for most of the game. You really have to invest in her a lot in order to get results from her compared to the other party members.

People always complain on how bad Elma and Lin is but really the AI that uses them are stupid or people don't have their Arts setup properly. Elma can become one of your most OP party members in the game. I even used them once and they do pretty well and can hold on their own well.

Most of the male characters are honestly the better AI party members.

The levelcaps are there for a reason. Augmentations become so good in postgame that making your level cap even higher would just completely break the game. They really want you to use Skells for higher level situations.

One of the main complaints I have about the AI is that they can't keep TP. I almost never saw an ally use overdrive and I think I was revived once when my party leader died since they never had 3000 TP, even when I used the order to conserve it and gave them a single TP art. Maybe there's something I can do to make them conserve their TP that' I'm not aware of. I guess I could just give them Arts: Gain TP augments.

And augmentation can truly break the game. There's videos of people soloing Pharsis on foot. And as for skells, you can one shot that same monster with the right augments.

One of the main complaints I have about the AI is that they can't keep TP. I almost never saw an ally use overdrive and I think I was revived once when my party leader died since they never had 3000 TP, even when I used the order to conserve it and gave them a single TP art. Maybe there's something I can do to make them conserve their TP that' I'm not aware of. I guess I could just give them Arts: Gain TP augments.

And augmentation can truly break the game. There's videos of people soloing Pharsis on foot. And as for skells, you can one shot that same monster with the right augments.

I have had a few cases of AI partners that actually went overdrive and revived my teammates. Unfortunately most of them was because I didn't give them a single TP art. I haven't invested much into augments yet and I kind of don't want to as I already feel like I've been cheesing the game already with the Ares90. Like to keep the game interesting right now.

I have had a few cases of AI partners that actually went overdrive and revived my teammates. Unfortunately most of them was because I didn't give them a single TP art. I haven't invested much into augments yet and I kind of don't want to as I already feel like I've been cheesing the game already with the Ares90. Like to keep the game interesting right now.

The thing that balances augments I guess is that the best one are an horrible grind to make. A single Arts: Gain TP XX augments require 32 of three different material. Just making all the augments required to one-shot the lvl 97-99 Tyrants require 1000+ materials.

Also, it turns out that despite how popular it is, Blossom Dance isn't nearly as good as one would think when looking at its description.