Xenoblade Chronicles X

solrocknroll

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for the last few days, I have been playing sidequests and let me just say jeez these are some of the darkest sidequests I have ever played. The writers pull no punches in these. Fallout's sidequests can't even compare.

You got Nopon ntr, xenophobias, human trafficking, pizza: the opium of Ma-non world and of course this:

You didn't know it was a Tyrant? It was pretty obvious because of how it looked. I did however purposely activate it to see what it does and indeed jumped five feet off my couch.

To be fair, unless you've explored Sylvalum before and seen some of these walk around, you could think it's just another remain of past civilization. That tyrant however though to me be wary of robots seemingly lying around.

So I found this Level 60 monster in the middle of a lake in Noctilium. There was no note that it was actually an enemy.

Now that the pants of myself and my brother have both been shat in, I have no desire to play with this game's bullshit for a long time.

Xe-Doms do that. Though that tyrant in particular is a rarity. Usually, Xe-Doms are only triggered by nearby skells, otherwise, they're docile unless attacked.

If there's anything that gets me, it's the Thallus and Vivohost enemies. Mostly the Thalluses though since I knew what to expect by the time the Vivohosts showed up.

Casually walking past what looks like a tree branch only to hear this SHRIEK followed by getting sniped is enough to scare you shitless. They easily take the cake as creepy fuckers from the giant-sized Arachnos and Antols from XBC (The ones that climb up when you approach too close, like Clifftop Bayern where you get the Giant's mirror). At least those don't fucking /shriek/.

Speaking of tyrants, I'm glad they're sticking with making some of them have...crazy names.

For every Trueno the Cataclysm (Fuck that Filiavent in Cauldros by the way. Very easy to set off accidentally due to a huge aggro box), you have another Sheldon, the Dentally-Challenged or Poppy the Pyromaniac.

I kinda don't want to do sidequests cause bad things happen. Seriously, what's the point of doing sidequests when a character dies or is mauled as a result of your actions? Also, there's almost no point to doing most of them, they give you like 2 enemies worth of exp and some gold (which is plentiful anyway)

I kinda don't want to do sidequests cause bad things happen. Seriously, what's the point of doing sidequests when a character dies or is mauled as a result of your actions? Also, there's almost no point to doing most of them, they give you like 2 enemies worth of exp and some gold (which is plentiful anyway)

ya but completionism.

Is there any point in trying to fight global nemesis before you are around level 60?

So I like using everyone in the game and spreading exp around however so being forced to have the avatar in the party at all times is actually incredibly annoying because he becomes overleveled as all hell compared to everyone else. Currently to try and stop this I have given everyone that isnt him a headset with with exp IV however is there any other more efficient ways to keep everyone I like using around the same level.

Very minor spoilers

Also who else found that duel in chapter 9 where you can't use your skells a brutal difficulty spike. (Its probably punishment for the amount of times I've accidentally drove my skell Lancelot (yes that is a code geass reference) into oblivia's never ending abyss)

Edited by Mackc2

ya but completionism.

Is there any point in trying to fight global nemesis before you are around level 60?

I tried it at level 50 with a few level 50 skells and did well enough to get a few rewards, though I got much better rewards more consistently with just one level 60 skell so I'd suggest waiting. Definitely don't try to fight the Yggralith until level 60 though.

Very minor spoilers

Also who else found that duel in chapter 9 where you can't use your skells a brutal difficulty spike. (Its probably punishment for the amount of times I've accidentally drove my skell Lancelot (yes that is a code geass reference) into oblivia's never ending abyss)

yah, I definitely had difficulty fighting Ga Jiarg and co. I started doing much better after I changed around some skills and finally messed with augments. It also helped me to focus on the mooks before turning my focus to Buidhe and Jiarg.

Edited by Ambling Falchion

So I found this Level 60 monster in the middle of a lake in Noctilium. There was no note that it was actually an enemy.

Now that the pants of myself and my brother have both been shat in, I have no desire to play with this game's bullshit for a long time.

That thing oh my god that thing. So I had just finished running at full pelt away from some high level flowers and jumped off the cliff into the lake. Then I saw the thing and I'm like cool this must be some mechanical thing that I can check out or something. Nope its a giant robot that could kill my whole party in one hit.

I love this game too much but there sure are a lot of tanktops as rewards in the basic quests.

[spoiler=noactualstoryspoilerjustclothes]

Lr7OzXL.jpg

I only gotten 60% on majority of my surveys for all locations so far and I spent only 90 hours in this game. I still need to get better augs and gears though.

Edited by kingddd

The robot is a fairly common horror story. It's funny how everyone's reactions to it are dramatically different and yet all of them describe unadulterated fear. For me, a sillier story was when I was sprinting around in Oblivia, then Uncontrollable kicked in and a giant sandworm the size of NLA popped out of the ground. I'm not sure what was more comical. The unexpected heel turn death, the self aware Tyrant music mocking my inability to fight, the fact I simply couldn't escape from it killing me no matter how hard I ran... It was less scary and more: 'Yup. Xenoblade X.'

The robot is a fairly common horror story. It's funny how everyone's reactions to it are dramatically different and yet all of them describe unadulterated fear. For me, a sillier story was when I was sprinting around in Oblivia, then Uncontrollable kicked in and a giant sandworm the size of NLA popped out of the ground. I'm not sure what was more comical. The unexpected heel turn death, the self aware Tyrant music mocking my inability to fight, the fact I simply couldn't escape from it killing me no matter how hard I ran... It was less scary and more: 'Yup. Xenoblade X.'

I've experienced both of those things. The funny thing is, the sandworm actually shows up as a stationary red dot on the radar before you get close enough to make it pop out and attack you. I just ran up to it to see what would happen, expecting something more, you know, beatable.

um can someone help me
I dont have alexea in my party right now and I went to pick her up and shes not there I'm fairly sure it is not due to a heart to heart because Ive checked back at every time and she still is not there

After grinding for the entire weekend I finally got my ares90. This baby freaking destroys everything like holy crap. I swear it isn't worth grinding for these materials by normal means and reward tickets are so helpful to make this process faster.

Now all I need is to grind hours for some bunny suits.

Edited by kingddd

Yeah, the Ares 90 kicks so much ass, but I wouldn't have been able to do it without reward tickets. How would one even reasonably get an Yggralith heart by normal means without first having an Ares?

um can someone help me

I dont have alexea in my party right now and I went to pick her up and shes not there I'm fairly sure it is not due to a heart to heart because Ive checked back at every time and she still is not there

Some heart to hearts last all day if certain conditions are met. Her last 3 H2H take place all day (the 3rd one on condition that you have a dog as your pet).

After grinding for the entire weekend I finally got my ares90. This baby freaking destroys everything like holy crap. I swear it isn't worth grinding for these materials by normal means and reward tickets are so helpful to make this process faster.

The Ares 90 is definitely powerful and with the right augments, overdrive and good luck with cockpit time, it can kill even level 90 tyrants. I'm now 1 hex away from having 100% completion for Mira and the Ares was definitely what allowed me to get there. Don't think it will be enough as it is right now to take on Telethia the Endbringer and give me that 100% though. Maybe I'll just farm my way to the one shot Zenith Cannon build.

[spoiler=Also, the pic you post earlier this week gave me inspiration for my sig]jmlaqTB.jpg

Yeah, the Ares 90 kicks so much ass, but I wouldn't have been able to do it without reward tickets. How would one even reasonably get an Yggralith heart by normal means without first having an Ares?

I'm pretty sure you need to use reward tickets to farm the Ares. You probably can get the Heart as a drop from the Global Nemesis, but it's much easier to just farm the Global Nemesis for parts reward tickets and then get the Heart with them.

4fCCag.jpg

Made by them! :D

afzbAE.jpg

!

qhWJ1j.jpg

4REIVj.jpg

LxBAcK.jpg

I saw some of this game on youtube up to part 5.

IHCp2g.jpg

Xenogear erm...Chronicles X...here I come!

DTxmlS.jpg

Star Wars Time! :D

W9dodw.jpg

I would say a small beginning spoiler, but play it to that point.

xayT8K.jpg

Criware. Same who helped in assisting Persona 4.

PM5afk.jpg

This outta be interesting!

Just got my copy today at a Gamestop retailer. In fact, you can only get these games there!

7RIbP1.jpg

Shocked since these usually never stand. My username and avy and sig are based off of this game.

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

Only problem is it looks like garbage. :\

Well...that sounds like quite an assignment like with getting +6 Brave and Killer forges in Fire Emblem Fates.

Beginning

Alien Negotiation

LqHJ11.jpg
GlDz7W.jpg

Plus these aliens are just sentries that are protecting something dearly upon their unknown. I have to play this game immediately.