Xenoblade Chronicles X

solrocknroll

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone discovered an easy way to level affinity? Seems like it takes forever to go up one heart.

If you've cleared the final chapter then just farm the support missions. Otherwise the best you can do is just quest with the people you're trying to raise affinity with.

But I'm the asshole here! I can't let other assholes out-asshole me.

Yeah the stealth missions aren't designed well. I'd say this game suffers from littering way too many enemies in it's environments. The tectinsulas in Noctulim are probably one of the first examples of having way too many hostile enemies on a pathway. I think it's at its worst in that one story chapter where you enter the castle in cauldros and you can't take 5 steps without marnucks showing up and attacking you (and that GOD DAMM alarm).

Because of this, Divine Roost is personally my favorite area since there's barely any indigens spread out all over the place.

That's why you have to be a higher level, so the prones won't dare attack you, and if you think stealth missions are bad, try doing Bozo's second affinity without being kitted out in Candid and Credible gear.

I love spoilers and did a bit of research about the characters and the classes available because I love planning on beforehand how will I manage this stuff in the game. But can't have certainty and clarity about the difference between the first 3 initial classes: Assault, Command and Enforcer. I'd like to end as a Mastermind, will I have trouble or such?

I love spoilers and did a bit of research about the characters and the classes available because I love planning on beforehand how will I manage this stuff in the game. But can't have certainty and clarity about the difference between the first 3 initial classes: Assault, Command and Enforcer. I'd like to end as a Mastermind, will I have trouble or such?

I'm a Psycorruptor currently and I will say that you might have some trouble.

Psycorruptor/Mastermind has low HP and I've noticed that it's super hard to gain TP. In addition, Knives + Rayguns aren't very good early on.

However, Beam Barrage does a ton of damage, Screamer gets sleep, and Smooth Recovery is the best healing art. It's all up to you.

Quick question: what do you guys tend to go for with division rewards? So far I've been trying to focus on salvage tickets since they seem like good insurance, but I don't really know how frequently skells get wrecked and how expensive they are to fix because I don't have skells yet.

Sorry to be obnoxious, but anyone have opinions on this question?

Anyone discovered an easy way to level affinity? Seems like it takes forever to go up one heart.

I haven't really tested it more than once, but I may have found a useful glitch today (maybe you guys know about it already). If you talk to an npc character offering a sidequest (I mean a sidequest marked with a question mark on the map in NLA), go through the full conversation, and then refuse the sidequest, you will have to start from the beginning of the conversation in order to accept the quest again. This means that you can trigger a pink heart with the other characters in your party repeatedly by refusing the quest continuously. Ya, the heart will appear multiple times. I didn't actually mess around with it, so I haven't tested if the affinity boost is cancelled by cancelling the request, and I also don't know how much the hearts from such conversations boost your affinity. If I find another refusable quest that can trigger pink hearts I might test it a bit more extensively.

I don't think this will work with affinity quests, since you accept them before viewing the conversation as opposed to after.

Edited by Sane Young Dog Man

Salvage tickets are the only one that's worth it. If you run out of insurance it can cost upwards of 1 million to repair your skell (but it's always generally around the price area of the skell itself). What I would do is just remove all of the equipment if that happens and sell it and buy it again.

So I just got to the games ending

All I can say is I am really hoping for a sequel it really needs it. What the hell is even happening. Just Why? I can sense a good story brewing behind the scenes and I want it

I reckon we'll probably get a DLC episode or expansion rather than a sequel.

Unfortunately all the DLCs are already released. The support missions and the 4 party members H.B, Boze, Alexa and Yelv were DLCs in Japan but the NA and Europe release got them all for free.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't realise there was a thread for this.

I've been playing it for the past two months, I intended to just beat the main story before holidays then didn't expect to play much afterwards but after holidays I put some more time in and ended up playing it for another 80 hours on top of the 80 hours I already had. It seems like my goals change every time I reach them. I thought I'd stop at getting 100% on the survey but now I want to get all the achievements.

I'm still trying to get all the achievements though but it's almost entirely grinding out squad tasks/missions/enemies so I'm just taking it slowly. After two months I finally got the True Hero achievement, I even set an alarm for that shit. So nice to know that I don't need to worry about it any more.

The music in this game is amazing, I love Hiroyuki Sawano's work and I was so glad to hear it here. Seeing someone mention he would be doing the soundtrack is actually probably the only reason I got interested in the game in the first place haha.

I made it to the final chapter at level 44 but ended up having to grind for the first time to get a Level 50 Skell. Speaking of Skells, the Ares 90 is a beautiful beast.

If I put an evasion +25 points on the Ares 90, will the evasion drives go off the original evasion stat and boost it by 45 points, or go off the new one and boost it by 50?

So I spent my birthday at work and compiling this on my breaks. Hope you guys enjoy them. Credits are in the video descriptions.

Thanks, I could never work out what Gwin said to Alexa, because of the music

So I finally got around to fighting the rexoskell in defian downfall. I have beaten it the first time but I can't win the second fight for the life of me. I can get him down to half hp fairly quickly (maybe 20 seconds) but after that he dodges every attack I throw at him and I fall out of my overdrive chain so what the hell is going on.

thanks guys.

I am also working on this. If any of you can help out I would appreciate it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/46zgb9/need_help_compiling_party_member_responds_to/

Female classic says "Is it over? I didn't even finish rolling up my sleeves" as her unique line

So I finally got around to fighting the rexoskell in defian downfall. I have beaten it the first time but I can't win the second fight for the life of me. I can get him down to half hp fairly quickly (maybe 20 seconds) but after that he dodges every attack I throw at him and I fall out of my overdrive chain so what the hell is going on.

is that still underground?

If it is then I kept an overdrive chain as a duelist so I could keep it toppled with assault hammer and takedown shot, if you have offensive stance the skill to reduce cooldowns with an aura that will help, along with the skills to reduce topple resistance and extend topple time.

If it isn't, then just use the skells

Thank you for doing this. I can't really compare since I haven't heard the japanese version, but I think they have done an incredible work for the english dub of the game in general.

Is it me or some replies for the Heroic Female line seem strange ?

I should get back to the game to finish 100% survey of Mira sometime.