Xenoblade Chronicles X

solrocknroll

Omg if only I could have time to actually consider buying this and playing it. Is there any amiibo interaction with the game?

Also HI GAIA HI KINGDDD

where's dijon

No amiibo stuff with the game, but it doesn't really need anything extra considering.

Its freaking packed to the brim with goodness.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second one is actual missions where someone creates a lobby with up to 4 players and 3 others can join together in a monster hunter style lobby and co-op together fun. However these are difficult and the first mission is literally all four of you battling a level 60 monster.

Are you kidding me?

That's actually really upsetting.

I've been playing this game for the last few days and am currently completing the requirements to start chapter 6 and I must say that I'm pretty amazed with the game so far.

I really loved Xenoblade on the Wii and while I was really excited about XCX when it was announced, I started to lose my hype the more I learned about the game. I still thought the game would be good, but I was expecting to like it less than the Wii original. So I came into this game with sort of lowered expectations than what I had when it was announced, but after playing the game, I must say that my expectations were blown out of the water. The fact that I can run all the way from NLA to the entrance of Cauldros and basically explore all the 5 massive continents from the get go is such a great feeling of freedom and discovery.

So what class and division did you all start with?

I'm currently a Striker, in the Interceptor division.

I'm currently a Full Metal Jaguar in the Curator division, though I'm nearing Class rank 10, so I'll probably change to a new class soon enough.

I'm an Outfitter, Was originally a Harrier, but switched because it's way easier to build BLADE ranks in outfitters. I'll probably switch back when I hit rank 10. Not really in any classes either. I went through the Duelist tree first but I'm just hopping classes now to not waste class exp because I'm in my skell pretty much all the time.

Yes but there are two different online systems.

The first one is the squad system where you're pitched into a lobby of 32 players. You don't really play against or co-op with each other in the same maps but you can send miiverse messages, trade items and listen to what other players are currently doing, updates and you can get benefits and a couple of rewards for doing so. Think of this as a spotpass feature.

The second one is actual missions where someone creates a lobby with up to 4 players and 3 others can join together in a monster hunter style lobby and co-op together fun. However these are difficult and the first mission is literally all four of you battling a level 60 monster.

Do the co-op missions have any exploring, or is it all just combat?

I'm ten hours in and currently a Commando in the Curators, will want to change my class soon. can't wait to get my hands on the Skells, I'll be able to get to places I've never been able to.

Edited by Rxmonste

I'm currently a Duelist in the Pathfinders. I literally initially chose Striker because "lol i can wield a longsword??!!"

"I can use big swords and assault rifles? Sign me up!"

Basically here, also just me or do some of the long sword designs look semi Monster Hunter like? Of course they aren't as ridiculously big lol.

"I can use big swords and assault rifles? Sign me up!"

Basically here, also just me or do some of the long sword designs look semi Monster Hunter like? Of course they aren't as ridiculously big lol.

It isn't just you, lol. I actually went Striker first myself but then figured I'd do something different for a change, and now I'm in love with the Enforcer branch of classes.

Speaking of monsters, what are everyone's favorite creature designs? I really like the lepyx and anything that floats.

Edited by Ambling Falchion

When it comes to games like this I really don't pay so much attention to the designs of the alien monsters as say the technology presented or the designs of the armor, that sort of thing.

I don't necessarily think that the monsters are uninspired, but it's not something I could personally find interesting or not due to how it looks just because most monster designs just sort of mesh to me. That being said I really like those peaceful giant level 50 monsters you find in the first continent.

where's dijon

Back in his football cave.

My MC is my current avatar and she's taller than Elma. Currently I'm in Rank 7 Interceptors in Samurai Gunner.

LRdSt4e.jpg

Also it took 22 hours but I finally got my first skell and 2 years of waiting since E3 2013 to finally see this scene in the Wii U. It takes me back.

Also recreated the exact same scene with the E3 music.

Edited by kingddd

Currently, I'm a Pathfinder Enforcer.

I was a Mediator, but while I'm doing the whole survey thing I switch to Pathfinder. Otherwise, I do love Mediator because my favorite thing to do in the original XBC was do quests as sad as it sounds. Frontier Village and Alcamoth were my favorite areas for that reason.

also frontier villager was so cozy it made me complete

As for NLA, I already love it. As someone OBSESSED with the day theme for NLA, my favorite thing to do was to rock out to it while running around the Residential and Commercial Districts.

oh yeah

the residential and commercial districts are like the best places in the game alongside the blade barracks

even more than the continents

is that sad

My main gripes so far, is that fetch quests are even more of a pain now, even with this http://imgur.com/a/YGvlR

Grexes, Icus, and just about anything else 10-20 levels above you seems to be annoyingly aggressive, and that I normally leave running back to the skell too late in boss battles and die before I can make it there, luckily in the last boss Lin took it out just as the 30 seconds were finishing

Was going to ask something. Remember the E3 trailer of Xenoblade back in E3 2014 or 2013 where someone who's similar to Shulk appeared? I thought the next Xenoblade would feature Shulk in some way ~

[spoiler=This one]

630x.jpg

I've seen people talk about this a lot, and in my honest opinion he really doesn't look that much like Shulk.

Finished up the main story. Can't really say I liked the ending. Won't spoil anything but it ends off on a cliffhanger and there's almost no closure.

Isn't this the same type of ending in Xenoblade? Shulk wished for a world with no gods and therefore a new world was created, apparently where the Bionis and the Mechonis were underseas. But what happened in this new world with no gods? Is X the answer to this question?

Isn't this the same type of ending in Xenoblade? Shulk wished for a world with no gods and therefore a new world was created, apparently where the Bionis and the Mechonis were underseas. But what happened in this new world with no gods? Is X the answer to this question?

MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS

like seriously, the only person you'll all have to blame is yourself

[spoiler=Major Spoilers Again] Nope. This game ends with a battle against a Telethia that is a fusion between Luxaar and Lao. Them you learn Elma is an alien who came to Earth to prepare humanity or something. They inspect the Lifehold, and bam, it seems everyone's conciousnesses are actually gone, so everyone should be dead but they aren't. I don't remember the rest, but Lao's robotic body ends up on a shore with black eyes and is found by someone in a black cloak

MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS

like seriously, the only person you'll all have to blame is yourself

[spoiler=Major Spoilers Again] Nope. This game ends with a battle against a Telethia that is a fusion between Luxaar and Lao. Them you learn Elma is an alien who came to Earth to prepare humanity or something. They inspect the Lifehold, and bam, it seems everyone's conciousnesses are actually gone, so everyone should be dead but they aren't. I don't remember the rest, but Lao's robotic body ends up on a shore with black eyes and is found by someone in a black cloak

Don't mind it, I don't make a big deal on spoilers, instead it makes me want to get the game more and more!

Interesting! But it'd be cool to see what happens next in future titles, as one typically end with more questions than answers.