Konami Bans Kojima from 2015 Game Awards Ceremony

Soapbar

Didn't see a thread bout this yet

#FuckKonami

Seriously, what did he do to deserve this, fuck the bosses daughter or something? I don't understand why Konami would make such an obviously bad move (in terms of PR I mean)

I suppose since Konami has already decided that there is no money in big budget games and to move to pachinko instead, they no longer need worry about their public image. But it is pretty impressive how petty they are.

What right does Konami have to stop Kojima from attending such a thing? Either way, having someone barred from such a thing is pretty fucking pathetic.

Shit must have really hit the fucking fan between them, and I'd love to know what.

I suppose it's a blessing that Kojima's now been cut free from the piece of shit Konami.

What right does Konami have to stop Kojima from attending such a thing? Either way, having someone barred from such a thing is pretty fucking pathetic.

Shit must have really hit the fucking fan between them, and I'd love to know what.

I suppose it's a blessing that Kojima's now been cut free from the piece of shit Konami.

He's still under employment contract, so if he went to the event it'd be a breach of contract

I do think Konami is the worst, but I never bought into the story that Kojima was this pure innocent soul who was being abused by the soulless corperation. This however is just extremely petty on Konami's part.

One of my friends is suspecting that Kojima might have been plagiarizing something. He thinks that would be the only reason why Kojima would be barred.

Which makes no sense to me, since plagiarism would be OoC for Kojima. I even tried to tell him that Konami's been acting stupid as of late, and that they're more to blame than Kojima is.

One of my friends is suspecting that Kojima might have been plagiarizing something. He thinks that would be the only reason why Kojima would be barred.

Which makes no sense to me, since plagiarism would be OoC for Kojima. I even tried to tell him that Konami's been acting stupid as of late, and that they're more to blame than Kojima is.

That's certainly not out of character or out of consideration for Kojima, lol. MGS is based on so many other things and Kojima is completely open about it. Let's not forget he nearly got sued by Canal Plus, and only avoided it because John Carpenter was a fan.

If Kojima finally went a little too far in "referencing" or "paying homage" to something, it wouldn't at all be a surprise. But I don't think that's a very reliable source, or a very likely reason.

Edited by Tangerine

okay fine we all hate konami

but i still need suikoden vi

Damn it! Suikoden belongs to Konami!? Now I know I will never see another suikoden game again, unless they start making suikoden VI on mobile like the crappy Breath of Fire 6.

I....have no words, I truly don't understand what the hell is happening with Konami.

Damn it! Suikoden belongs to Konami!? Now I know I will never see another suikoden game again, unless they start making suikoden VI on mobile like the crappy Breath of Fire 6.

Shhhh, don't talk about BoF6... or a possible Suikoden Vi on mobile.
It will only bring bad luck to us all. :p

Edited by B.Leu