Fire Emblem merchandise from Comiket Market 89 (Dec 29-31, 2015) | All Hail Luyairis

christianponte

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will sort through everything in more detail after work, however compared to the estimated inventory we were expecting (neither luyairis nor I had seen the items beforehand), we are short 5 items, and a LOT of money. Your refunds will be much smaller than expected.

Did anyone else besides me order the full Append Disk Set or Hundred Song of Heroes card box? The order spreadsheet we have only says I ordered one, but we have 2...

For the person who I said your order was "in limbo" because we weren't sure on the quantity of artbooks available, unfortunately your order will be canceled as we do not have enough. I'm incredibly sorry.

For those wondering about the Camilla card because I said luyairis wasn't sure if we had 4 or 5, we have 4.

For the person who asked me to send their Play Mat flat opposed to rolled in order to preserve the plastic, they were already rolled when they arrived. Sorry.

does that mean that you don't have the right amount of the extra append disk too? (as in are you short one of those and instead got 2 bundles). If so, you can change my just append disk to the whole bundle (with poster), and I'll just figure out what to do with an extra set of the cards if need be.

also, how many of the player boxes are you short or did some miracle happen and you have enough?

We have enough Append Discs. According the information I have, 2 people ordered just the discs, 1 person (me) ordered it as part of the Full Set with the card box. We have 4 discs and 2 full sets.

I'll contact everyone individually regarding what each of you can expect.

Here's the dilemma. I was expecting about ¥180,000 to cover refunds, relay shipping, etc. I received ¥69,000.

• The four canceled orders are due full refunds. Those alone total ¥73,780.
  • Of the five orders shipped previously, a total maximum* of ¥8,000 between two partial refunds were to be issued.
  • Nine of the remaining ten orders were due a total maximum* of ¥99,500.

* maximum is before adding in relay shipping.

Basically, we don't have enough to cover the four people due full refunds for not getting anything from their order, and thus I don't have enough funds to ship everyone else's orders out, let alone issue partial refunds (some of which are pretty large).

If anyone has any suggestions, please chime in. I was hoping to not have to request additional money from most of you (as luyairis predicted I might have to), since almost no one got their full orders, but it doesn't look like I'll have much of a choice. In the meantime, I will begin contacting you with what items you can expect. Please be patient.

We have enough Append Discs. According the information I have, 2 people ordered just the discs, 1 person (me) ordered it as part of the Full Set with the card box. We have 4 discs and 2 full sets.

I'll contact everyone individually regarding what each of you can expect.

Here's the dilemma. I was expecting about ¥180,000 to cover refunds, relay shipping, etc. I received ¥69,000.

• The four canceled orders are due full refunds. Those alone total ¥73,780.
  • Of the five orders shipped previously, a total maximum* of ¥8,000 between two partial refunds were to be issued.
  • Nine of the remaining ten orders were due a total maximum* of ¥99,500.

* maximum is before adding in relay shipping.

Basically, we don't have enough to cover the four people due full refunds for not getting anything from their order, and thus I don't have enough funds to ship everyone else's orders out, let alone issue partial refunds (some of which are pretty large).

If anyone has any suggestions, please chime in. I was hoping to not have to request additional money from most of you (as luyairis predicted I might have to), since almost no one got their full orders, but it doesn't look like I'll have much of a choice. In the meantime, I will begin contacting you with what items you can expect. Please be patient.

No problem. We'll figure out something, I hope.

Edited by Linkmstr

Hey all, just to reiterate, luyairis has forfeited his entire stipend for this endeavor. Likewise, I refused to take anything for myself as well. Neither of us are getting any money out of this.

I do not plan to spend any additional money of my own just to shoulder the costs, as this was not my burden. BUT I do plan to forfeit my partial refund (following the gracious lead that Kirie and TheVinceKnight have already exhibited), and if we do need to request money from some people in order to "share the losses," then I'm prepared to pitch in my fair share.

I will ship out individual orders (or what's left of them, anyway) as soon as the flat rate shipping boxes and envelopes come in. After that, the next priority will be getting refunds out to those who got literally nothing from their orders. We'll figure out how to handle all partial refunds after that, with priority going to those owed the largest refunds. (For those complaining about possibly losing out on $30, relax... FYI, someone is due a $200+ refund.)

Edited by christianponte

Also, please refrain from trying to guilt me into somehow getting you more items. Aside from the one extra item that it seems no one wanted, there are literally no other items. And aside from three people (two of whose orders were shipped directly and I had nothing to do with), everyone is missing part of their order, and everyone is understandably disappointed. I truly do wish I could help all of you out, so no need to try to guilt me into trying to do more. I'm doing everything I can.

Plus, it (Friday) is my birthday, so nyah.

Edited by christianponte

The flat rate boxes have not yet arrived, so nothing has been sent out yet. In the meantime, I am trying to account for every dollar/yen and where it went. Almost all transactions have been in yen up until this point, so it doesn't really matter which currency is used for these figures. Once I start what I've been calling the "relay shipping" to send the remaining orders out, then varying exchange rates will become a factor. For now, I am using the conversion factor of 125.22 yen per dollar, which is what the bank gave me when I converted the money I was sent in the box. For the sake of transparency, here is where we currently stand:

¥443,850 paid in advance for everything

-160,100 in FE Comiket items successfully bought, including extra append disc set

-69,000 sent to Christian in the box

-8,772 sent to Christian via PayPal (yen estimate; was US$70.05)

-13,000 cost to ship the first five orders on Day 1 (the amount received for shipping from these five was short about ¥1,100, but Kirie has already donated ¥500 towards that)

-16,200 cost to ship the remaining orders collectively to Christian

-37,566 estimated train tickets to Tokyo (~US$300)

-??,??? local expenses: packaging, etc.

¥139,212 unaccounted for (again, this is pending data on expense costs)

¥77,772 on hand

¥192,780 needed for refunds (of which, ¥73,780 needed just to refund the fully canceled orders)

~¥11,500 needed for relay shipping

Edited by christianponte

We're working diligently to figure out this mystery (of the emblem – *badumtss*) and figure out how much of the ¥443,850 was left at each step of the way, from when the money was taken from PayPal into cash, physically taken to Comiket, left after making all the purchases, and put into the box and shipped.

In the meantime, please everyone make sure that you've actually paid. Remember that your money was initially refunded after luyairis thought Comiket wouldn't be possible, and make sure that you paid again.

I wonder if some didn't get transferred right, and so didn't get withdrawn from the bank.

edit: I just thought of something. If any of the payments were e-checks (or bank account transfers), then they money might not have been in your account yet, and so not transferred.

Edited by Aquantis

I wonder if some didn't get transferred right, and so didn't get withdrawn from the bank.

edit: I just thought of something. If any of the payments were e-checks (or bank account transfers), then they money might not have been in your account yet, and so not transferred.

Update 1: About 15,000 yen can be subtracted off the total amount ordered, I took some notes..

No, the payments were all received. I was able to transfer all the money to Japan in form of credit.

FWIW, some of the merchandise is being sold at Cipherfes 1/31/2015.

■サイファ関連グッズ アーマーナイトせんべい イラスト集 Vol.1~3 プレイマット 2種 スリーブ 4種 缶バッチセット 5種 覚醒・if缶バッチ 15種 (続きます)

■ファイアーエムブレム25周年グッズ ファイアーエムブレム祭 DVD 英雄百歌 英雄百歌アペンドディスク 詳細は後日、サイファ公式HPに掲載いたします。 皆様のご来場をお待ちしております。

Not sure if we can get another volunteer for there, or we should create a new thread for it.

edit. Not sure if Luyairis wants to deal with that hassle again (thanks again for that effort!)

Edited by Draxal

Update 1: I think Christian and I have figured out around what has happened to....at least $700 of that mystery $1000 (which was never missing at all). Good news!

Update 2: Regarding that festival, Christian and I are so close to figuring out this one, I'm actually quite happy. I'm back (myself) in Japan now, but I'd rather have Kyokko take the first part of the orders, and I'll see what I can do to cover any remainder of the orders that might go unfulfilled. The festival in Tokyo is on a Saturday, and I get out of school at around 1 pm, and another hour to get there. Will update after Kyokko updates.

700 might be rounding up generously... ;) :P and a portion of it is still needed, but it's a big development. We're working hard to find the remainder of the missing money, because all remaining partial refunds and actually shipping your items out depend on that still-missing money. Fair warning, due to costs of transportation, etc. it looks like those partial refunds will be significantly lower.

IMPORTANT: luyairis initially calculated how much each of us owed based on a pretty typical exchange rate of about 120.5 yen per dollar. PayPal seems to have converted our payments based on an exchange rate of closer to 116 or 117 yen per dollar. That means most of us underpaid by a few bucks (the largest being me by about $15), so this is being taken into consideration as I re-calculate refunds.

FYI, the flat rate envelopes have arrived, but the flat rate boxes have not (and apparently are still processing... dunno why the USPS is taking so long to process the rest of the order).

As for Cipher Festival, check this thread. The main post has all items to be sold, but at the moment, the spoiler tags aren't playing nice...

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=59783

Edited by christianponte