HHM multiple challenges run

PKL

Hello SF! Its been awhile since i signed on to the site and its also been while sinc3 i last played fire emblem. The other day i started thinking what game i wanna replay when i have free time and fe7 came to mind. A few days later...which is now, this thread was born!

I was thinking of doing a run with a ton of challenges mixed into a single package. Stuff like infantry only, no 1-2 physical weapons, no lyn mode, no vulneraries after ch11, no warp, etc. If u have any other challenging ideas that would still fall under possible territory then feel free to suggest them. Also theres a poll so yiu should vote in that. There are some things ill do in this run regardless, like

Infantry only.
Warpless.
No vulneraries.
No 1 2 range physical weapons can be used.
HHM difficulty. All gaidens except 19xx must be visited.
Rout defend maps.

Full Recruitment

No RNG manipulation with movement

Oh and yes, this will be a video run as usual.

Edited by PKL

HI PKL~!

voted for 19xx and no lyn mode

checkmate

Banned for taking my idea, despite the fact that I just got home :P:

How 'bout no Rescue, whether it be by staff or command? That way, unit placement matters more. . .or less. . . :P:

Do an efficiency run of HHM with no LHM and with an RNG hack to remove the fixed RNG. Also use a tweak to make 19xx accessible just by killing Kishuna.

I have such a file if you decide to go for it.

Edited by Irysa

I liked the idea of a casualty run like Marty attempted in FE4. You gotta kill off one of your units in each chapter based on what people vote.

That would make the game impossible considering the current set of restrictions.

Do an efficiency run of HHM with no LHM and with an RNG hack to remove the fixed RNG. Also use a tweak to make 19xx accessible just by killing Kishuna.

I have such a file if you decide to go for it.

How does the RNG hack work? Just curious

Don't know enough to detail it. Quote from Hexator's own changelog.

@RNG hack; makes RNG more random by adding xor'ing with timer bits to pseudo random formula
@(Compatible with assembly patcher)
@Shouldn't need testing

The RNG is not fixed even for maintained states though. That is, if you savestate at the start of the map, play the map, then reload the savestate and execute the exact same inputs you will not get the same results.

Edited by Irysa

• 2 weeks later...

What else does said rng hack change tho? Is it vanilla fe7 otherwise or does it have any other changes? Since 19xx won without lyn mode i might just use it.

wow I totally didn't see this back on the day lol

blame ruadeth's threads

the one I have doesn't change anything else, it's just vanilla. The 19xx thing is a different tweak.

2 chapters today because I forgot to post Ch12 here the other day. Btw, I forgot 2 rules: Full Recruitment and no RNG burning with the movement arrow.

I fixed the audio desynch issue for Chapter 13. Sorry about that.

Hector got that amazing Res level. GOOD START.

Yeah, totally ;_;

Was there no chance to steal that Red Gem at all?

Not that I know of. Matthew wouldnt have been able to open the door for hector or wouldve gotten ganged up on by the enemies anyway.

wow I totally didn't see this back on the day lol

blame ruadeth's threads

the one I have doesn't change anything else, it's just vanilla. The 19xx thing is a different tweak.

Welp, too late now lol.

Edited by PKL

Hector really loves those def/res level-ups...

Have you considered having Hector cross the river in C13 for a possible faster clear? I bet having Hector move left and then right cost some turns too.

Must be frustrating playing without Hand Axes and Javelins huh... at least you will get your first tome users soon for proper 1-2 range.

Hector really loves those def/res level-ups...

Have you considered having Hector cross the river in C13 for a possible faster clear? I bet having Hector move left and then right cost some turns too.

Must be frustrating playing without Hand Axes and Javelins huh... at least you will get your first tome users soon for proper 1-2 range.

He cant handle Guy on his own so he kinda gets rekt if i try it. :(

Well, Matthew can at least follow him down south (as can Eliwood lol).

Lol that was my first strat but i couldnt get it to work. I ended up having to take about the same as now but with way less reliability and thats what caused all those losses that bartre and matthew have now in their stats haha