Why i see people that hate FE Awakening?

alguidrag

People dislike things about Awakening that are more than just "Hi, im just that much stuck in Jugdral." People dislike Fates for a lot of reasons too. I make a lot of posts about people needing to deal with the fact people like different junk. Perhaps you missed those. People disliking this game does not make them elitists. It does not mean they hate fun either. You need to get off the backs of those who may dislike this game for a variety of reasons that have nothing to do with being on a too-large Dala horse, dear.

People can dislike it omfg. I never said they couldn't. I don't think that just because you don't like something means you're an elitist. But you can't deny that there are when it comes to disliking Awakening.

Edited by Ukero

Gotcha. Wording's tricky, in this case. I'd just lump them in as "serial complainers", and leave it at that.

Even if Awakening did things wrong, it didn't do everything wrong. For example, I have yet to encounter anyone with a shred of sanity who prefers the GBA method of building supports over Awakening's.

Yeah no joke. Even the staunchest of the detractors of the newer FE titles think that the support system in Awakening (and Fates) is a million times better. I saw one person try to argue that the GBA way was superior (somehow) and they drowned and choked. It was both embarrassing and hilarious.

People can dislike it omfg. I never said they couldn't. I don't think that just because you don't like something means you're an elitist. But you can't deny that there are when it comes to disliking Awakening.

That is not what you said. You said:

I think yes. Most people that I have seen who dislike Awakening are just elitist Fire Emblem fans.

And i am denying that the majority of people who dislike Awakening are just elitist. Because, believe it or not, the majority of people IVE SEEN who dont like the game, are just people who simply dont like the game.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Generalisations are bad, m'kay? Calling people who don't like Awakening elitist gives the impression you think the game is flawless, and dismisses legitimate reasons for not liking it. Being more careful with wording is a lesson both vets and newbies need to learn, especially when talking about Awakening. Awakening is neither a perfect game nor one without any redeeming features, but it is the most controversial by far (until Fates is released outside Japan, at least).

Edited by Baldrick

That is not what you said.

Are you illiterate? If you didn't notice, I didn't say it for verbatim ofc.

See the bold letters below..

From what I have witnessed myself:

I think yes. Most people that I have seen who dislike Awakening are just elitist Fire Emblem fans. Which they usually worry too much if someone likes Awakening or not because they think it is such a problematic game. And they ruin it for some people who actually like the game.

I don't have any problems with people who just don't like Awakening in general, it's an opinion.

Yes, I don't know a statistical number or am sure of exactly why some people dislike Awakening, but does that really matter? (It does not.)

This is how I feel about the matter and you can think differently. It's just perspectives here, nothing more..

Generalisations are bad, m'kay? Calling people who don't like Awakening elitist gives the impression you think the game is flawless, and dismisses legitimate reasons for not liking it. Being more careful with wording is a lesson both vets and newbies need to learn, especially when talking about Awakening. Awakening is neither a perfect game nor one without any redeeming features, but it is the most controversial by far (until Fates is released outside Japan, at least).

^^^^^^^^^Get outta here.

I cannot stand people who don't read right before replying to a topic.

Edited by Ukero

I was referring to your first post in this topic, explaining why the generalisation is bad.

But I'm not sure why you are calling Loki illiterate because you say contradictory things.

Edited by Baldrick

Dislike/like/hate whatever it is, it truly is up to the person on an individual level. I enjoyed the game well enough to keep playing it, so that's really all there is to it. If you like the game, don't let anyone else ruin it for you. Just kick back and have fun (if you're into that sort of thing).

Chill out. Please. Clipsey needs to eat dinner!

Only because you said so, love. <3

Dislike/like/hate whatever it is, it truly is up to the person on an individual level. I enjoyed the game well enough to keep playing it, so that's really all there is to it. If you like the game, don't let anyone else ruin it for you. Just kick back and have fun (if you're into that sort of thing).

Yeah. Lots of people like a lot of stuff about it, but dont like others. Like, i really have a problem with some of the story (Emmeryn.....lack of worldbuilding, lack of explanation about Plegia, Validar being really dumb, Walhart being just "i wanna conquer shit", etc.) but i cant stop playing the game cuz its gameplay is SO FUN. So yeah whatever.

Although subjective issues are always difficult to respond to, it was nice to see a few that are actually based on an analytic view, rather than purely "X ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH." Specifically, the "there's no variation in chapter goals." That's not an inaccurate description (there are only and exactly two goals); if other entries in the series have had a substantially wider variety, then there's good reason for someone to be put out by the relative monotony.

Also, Czar_Yoshi's stuff about people reacting to the...I guess "internally incomplete" story was interesting. I do a lot of reading about story stuff as a matter of course, so I never saw these things as "plot holes" myself. But I can definitely see why someone would be annoyed/frustrated by a story that doesn't fully explain itself if you don't put in another 5+ hours of sifting through random crap on the internet.

Edited by amiabletemplar

I WILL FIGHT ALL OF YOU IRL

I was disappointed with FE13. It just felt so boring to me, a similar feeling to when I played FE11 and still haven't finished a playthrough of it. I finished FE13 eventually, but I just regarded it as a mediocre title. So I guess you could say that I don't "hate" it per se. Hating a game is not bad by itself, many of my favourite games are hated by some people and that's what makes them special, but I assume you are referring to the opinions that go way too far over it. I feel no bitterness to those who like FE13 and who will also likely be a fan of FE14, just disappointment that I can't enjoy every game and every experience. I wish I could.

it's video games

ps: even when I say "FE6 sucks" I don't actually mean it on a intellectual level

well maybe a little

Edited by Tryhard

I was referring to your first post in this topic, explaining why the generalisation is bad.

So I was supposed to automatically know exactly what post of mine you were responding to?????? Not really my fault for not realizing what you meant overall.

There's a thing called quoting if you haven't heard of it btw.

chillerinos with the passive-aggressiveness, we're all best buds here and you're entrenching yourself in a defensive hole which causes people to just prod you

it is not a good place to be, i know from experience

Edited by Tryhard

I want to understand why i see some people that like FE games Speaking so badly of awakening, because i know that FE brought a huge fanbase of casual players but this is the only reason?

EDIT: Read the context...

A lot of people that I've seen dislike the game say it's bland (whether with the plot, characters, or maps).

Edited by ChickenWings

I feel no bitterness to those who like FE13 and who will also likely be a fan of FE14, just disappointment that I can't enjoy every game and every experience. I wish I could.

Have you tried watching it on Twitch (from someone who knows what they're doing)? There are a good few parts of Awakening I really don't want to drag myself through (as much as I like it as a whole), and watching someone else do it can be a lot more enjoyable.

Fight me Shadow Dragon was gr9

Have you tried watching it on Twitch (from someone who knows what they're doing)? There are a good few parts of Awakening I really don't want to drag myself through (as much as I like it as a whole), and watching someone else do it can be a lot more enjoyable.

Fight me Shadow Dragon was gr9

oi m8 r u implying i'm bad at fe13 i'll hav u

I never really thought about it, but somehow I don't think watching someone else play it would be able to captivate my interest really, and if so it would be more so because that person was entertaining rather than the game IMO.

I will fite you over FE11 tho

Edited by Tryhard

oi m8 r u implying i'm bad at fe13 i'll hav u

Not for the sake of seeing any particular quality of play, for the sake of not being constantly distracted whenever you see something and think "why didn't he just..."

Fair enough, though.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

To be fair, there are reasons to not like Awakening outside of "it's not like the old ones." The story leaves a lot to be desired, though I feel like people tend to exaggerate exactly how bad it is. The game practically begs for there to be an additional difficulty level between Hard and Lunatic. The characters being bland is the one point I will definitely argue against, they might not be very deep (though I'd argue additionally that they're deeper than the vast majority of FE characters who are mostly one-note personalities) but the majority of the cast I found to be very likable and memorable.

You want to see annoying elitist fans look to FFXIII haters or the Star Wars prequels haters. Comparatively, I've seen very few FE fans who hated Awakening merely for elitist reasons. It is unfortunate seeing fans dislike a game that you love, but most of the hate that I've seen has been backed up with fairly decent reasons.

There are some reasons like "Lol. It's just Waifu Emblem" that I just ignore, but reasons such as a mediocre story, lack of mission options, overpowered units and game mechanics, etc. are all perfectly fine, and I see more hate like that, rather than the former.

I mean, this is the only FE game I've played, so of course I can't really argue when people compare it to previous games in the series. Of course I would consider this one my favourite, as it's the only one I've played, but if veterans of the series hate it for valid, legitimate reasons, such as it being simplified, and more accessible for newcomers, then that's perfectly fine. It's easy to see a bunch of loud and obnoxious elitists and assume the majority of the people who hate the game are like that, but I really think that's the minority in this case.

I don't even hate Awakening (I mean I played it a lot I like the game) but it's not perfect

And criticism is simply a way for people to find places the game can improve upon to become better (of course, some areas subjective)

I can only speak for myself, but I actually put effort into criticizing Awakening (or any FE for that matters) because I actually give a fuck about it, unlike some other things where I don't really want to expend the energy at all to talk about because they don't really matter to me.

I mean I talk smack about certain aspects of it but at the end of the day it's still enjoyable I still would recommend it to my friends

esp if fe7 normal is too hard for them maybe they'll have a better time on 13 normal casual

Edited by Thor Odinson