Mirriel is underrated

Burnannator

Just gonna put this here: only press the post button once. Do NOT repeatedly press it if it doesn't appear to go through, open a new tab and check to see if it was posted. This happens sometimes, and usually your post went through.

While I'm here, for the topic at hand: that depends on who's talking. Last I heard, Miriel was considered decent, but not great, which I would agree with, so I don't think she's underrated.

Yeah, Miriel actually seems to have a pretty decent resume as far as the meta game goes. She's one of the very few ranged chippers early on and this makes it safer to feed her experience (even on higher difficulties). She also provides Laurent, who is considered one of the better kids in a no-grind environment.

She is also very interesting as a character as well don't forget :D:

Nah bro Miriel is one of the best mages in general in Awakening (especially when reclassed as a D.Mage) but personallity wise...eh.

But she is far from underrated, in fact on gameplay I prefer her over Ricken.

Edited by SSL01

Nah bro Miriel is one of the best mages in general in Awakening (especially when reclassed as a D.Mage) but personallity wise...eh.

But she is far from underrated, in fact on gameplay I prefer her over Ricken.

Have you tried her and Ricken together...*fights back coughing giggles* They complement one another well enough :D:

Have you tried her and Ricken together...*fights back coughing giggles* They complement one another well enough :D:

No they dont. Its a terrible pairing due to class overlap. We are talking about functionality as a unit.

As a character, Miriel deserves better than Token Shotabait,

Miriel can perform pretty well with defense pairs. She is really frail and in the higher difficulties, will die in a stiff breeze. But once she gets going, she can be pretty decent. Miriel can Nosferatu tank with Dark Mage and Sorcerer. I do think shes a bit underrated, but only because i dont see a lot of fanart of her. Shes easily one of my favorite characters in the game. So adorable.

No they dont. Its a terrible pairing due to class overlap. We are talking about functionality as a unit.

As a character, Miriel deserves better than Token Shotabait,

Miriel can perform pretty well with defense pairs. She is really frail and in the higher difficulties, will die in a stiff breeze. But once she gets going, she can be pretty decent. Miriel can Nosferatu tank with Dark Mage and Sorcerer. I do think shes a bit underrated, but only because i dont see a lot of fanart of her. Shes easily one of my favorite characters in the game. So adorable.

Come now, Ricken gives cavalier, which gives Luna which is something Laurent might want :P: in all fairness though their supports won me over a little (as well as Laurent's Future Past conversation with Ricken if said mage is his dad...*sniffles* It is so sweet, that and F!Robin as Lucina's mother. :D:)

Still I like Ricken and Miriel. As a couple I feel that they work, especially since they are working on bring honour to their families respectively :):

Edited by TheSilentChloey

This thread is not about shipping. Do not make it about shipping.

Miriel is my favorite character in Awakening, but piss poor defense really does hurt. She can be great … but then again so can anyone else in this game if you give them attention. If she is underrated, it's probably because of lack of Galeforce.

Miriel isn't underrated. She has good Magic,Skill,Speed. Her flaw is Defense and Res, being bad at the start and the growth is not as high as you would expect. Res is 40% and for a mage that seems low. She is usable in normal and hard, but not in Lunatic or Lunatic plus in my runs. I have beaten Lunatic and Lunatic plus and found no use for her due to early chapters having physical enemies. She gets knocked out in one hit and her low hp and starting tome hurt her for that.

Edited by Radiance

That's really odd, because Miriel's decent at chipping from range, even unpaired.

Oh, right, topic. Not really - she's a mage, she fires from a distance, and her kid's pretty nifty as a support unit.

"This is spam. Don't do it again" the post? Already know. The sentence? No.1

This:

Exactly Sunwoo! That's what I think too.

It adds nothing to the topic at hand. Unless the entire point of this topic is to make an echo chamber/validate your own opinions.

I never seen Miriel as underrated.

She's the classic mage, high mag with low def, but that's not bad by any means.

The reason that reason Miriel may not stand out to some players is because they already Robin, who can also use magic, comes earlier and tends to have better defenses.

Of course there's nothing stopping you from using both.

Ohhhhhh...

I'm going to say this one last time:

Either contribute something to the topic, or don't post. What I quoted above is also spam. If I see one more post from you that is spam, in this topic, you're getting both the spam warning and double the points (this is a bad thing).

Read the Code of Conduct, because I shouldn't have to say this twice.