Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

Honestly, I suspect that if skinship has been removed, it's probably for money reasons. I mean, most of the VAs are no names and were clearly hired to save money so I wouldn't be surprised if skinship being cut was due to Treehouse simply being too cheap to bother.

I mean the RD localization team couldn't be bothered to translate the extended script that was in the JP version, this seems like a lesser version of that. Of course this is assuming Kotaku is correct.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also saw a lot of people on there and twitter disappointed about the same-sex marriage characters because they were of questionable moral standards and they felt they were being disrespected because of that or because it was so limited, I also saw those just grateful to have the option even if it was limited. So I think it's a little divided about that.

Let's just say that it isn't only the SJWs (if we have to call them that) making gaming a hostile environment. Though it can be.

Honestly, the only whinging about the same-sex characters i saw, came from here. :/ Of course i dont use twitter. i also dont follow really crappy folks on tumblr either so /shrug

Hell no! Kotaku is a no no for me. I want someone from Nintendo to qoute this. I don't believe in rumors. I would assume Polygon is assuming. Have you seen their Fates gameplay? Just awful

Edited by Radiance

Polygon is now reporting representatives have told them that it's being cut out.

I'm not sure how people feel about Polygon like how people feel about Kotaku but Polygon was actually at the event with the demo so...

Its using the same quotes from the Kotaku article though. Which is why im still skeptical.

About the response from a guy from Nintendo, the reason that Nintendo did not include something that is "inappropriate" in Japan was because an initial design of Skinship was REALLY outrageous.

As far as know, the original plan of Skinship includes whole upper body since Live2D can do that. Of course, Nintendo simply rejected the plan. The result was the skinship feature in Japanese version. IS often tends to be really carried away with dark nintendo stuffs like this, so I was not really surprised when I first heard this.

About the response from a guy from Nintendo, the reason that Nintendo did not include something that is "inappropriate" in Japan was because an initial design of Skinship was REALLY outrageous.

As far as know, the original plan of Skinship includes whole upper body since Live2D can do that. Of course, Nintendo simply rejected the plan. The result was the skinship feature in Japanese version. IS often tends to be really carried away with dark nintendo stuffs like this, so I was not really surprised when I first heard this.

People only heard about the original plans for skinship when the Making of Fire Emblem book came out, long after the game came out in Japan. The "REALLY outrageous" form of skinship never saw the light of day, so it's not something to address in an interview for the localization. He's just responding to the possible exaggerated claims of what the current skinship really is.

Why would it be removed when we only could rub their face meanwhile in E (Everyone) rating game...

TIQPWAt.jpg

Someone said it better than me:

"It’s almost as if one of these was a feature designed to simulate the act of petting an animal, and merely resulted in an unfortunate image when more humanoid pokemon were overlooked (easy to do since there’s near 800 of these damn things), and the other was a feature whose entire purpose was to weirdly stroke the faces and chests of humans and only humans, some of which are underage, some of which are your own damn family."

I'm indifferent about skinship (but enjoyed Pokemon amie bc n'aww how can I not love petting my angry Yveltal) but it's a good point.

Why would it be removed when we only could rub their face meanwhile in E (Everyone) rating game...

Because presumably you can't marry and fuck Machoke.

I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but if it is true, my decision about whether or not to buy the game just got a whole lot easier.

...omg i did NOT need to see that lmfao.

When I first heard of this news, which isnt from here, i didnt know its from kotaku. Nevertheless, I'm gonna wait until I see it in game or straight from Nintendo.

I wont lie, I was disaapointed when first heard the news and be like "welp time to get a jap 3ds" but now im like "eh, doesnt really matter as long as they replace it with something. Casual convos will ok. Card games or puzzle games sound dope but then compared to FE amie, these games will take more time to complete (as in playing the game, not making)

I'm not the biggest expert, but supposedly someone got a screenshot from the English version that shows an exclamation point over the Private Quarters.

In the Japanese version, this was a sign that a skinship session could be done. Sounds like that would indicate either it's still in the game, or there's some variant in there.

I m probably asking a stupid question but what is voltorb flip?

Supposedly, it's some game put into one of the Pokemon games that replaced a slot machine in Japan.

Or something like that. I'm not entirely sure. Though it's supposedly notorious for being even more frustrating than the slot machines.

Damn late to the party again.

While I'm happy that it might be removed for the whole seriousness of the game and franchise. I do feel sorry for the people who wanted it, to an extent. Who's fault is it for falling in love with a game that shouldn't be a dating sim in the first place.

Due to gambling legislations, the slot machines in HeartGold and SoulSilver were replaced with Voltorb Flip in the international versions.

It has more strategy, yes, but it's still luck based in the end (Like how some games of Minesweeper end in a luck-based decision, but way more common) and even if you're good at it its a lot SLOWER than just funneling money into a slot machine, so it's generally not well-regarded. There are people who like it better, but they're generally the minority.

The game corner also let you buy tokens, so if you didn't feel like slots you could just buy tokens until you had enough for the prizes, but the Voltorb Flip replacement had no such money-to-token exchange, so you HAD to play the game.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Just... Please, just have something in there to interact with our favorite characters. I don't need the touching. Have us chat with them privately. Give us questions with multiple choices. That might make it look like a dating sim, but at least it's way less off-putting than face rubbing. I just want more character interaction. I desire it immensely. Don't take these things away from me! :sob:

The feature never should have existed in the first place.

Nohr and Revelation need so much improvement and no excuse for why all characters don't have around the same number of supports .

Skinship is a waste of time, money and resources that should have been spent elsewhere.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome