The Official US English Fates Website Updated

CrimeanRoyalKnight

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first syllable of it is the same as the first syllable of the lazuli part of lapis lazuli. Like Inigo, the blue motif is still there, but not as pronounced as the Japanese names.

That's... a bit of a stretch though, isn't it?

"the first syllable is pronounced the same as the first syllable of the second part of a blue gem"

Like I'm not saying it's not why they named him that but if it is why they named him that.... it's a bit too far fetched to just simply carry on a nice theme.

"the first syllable is pronounced the same as the first syllable of the second part of a blue gem"

Like I'm not saying it's not why they named him that but if it is why they named him that.... it's a bit too far fetched to just simply carry on a nice theme.

Well to be fair Lazward means Lapis Lazuli, so it's not much of a strech.

And I really just wished they named him Lapis or Lazuli. It would have kept the blue theme, but I guess they wanted to be similar to Inigo's naming where his name could possibly be based off of something blue, but it isn't for some reason. (it is kinda funny I was actually making a joke to one of my friends saying that I thought they would do something similar to this like a week ago.)

Edited by Yotsume

I can't help but think Laslow has some connection with Glasgow... and when I google it:

Glasgow
City in Scotland
Glasgow is a port city on the River Clyde in Scotland's western Lowlands. It's famed for its Victorian and art nouveau architecture, a rich legacy of the city's 18th-20th-century prosperity due to trade and shipbuilding. Today it's a national cultural hub, home to institutions including the Scottish Opera, Scottish Ballet and National Theatre of Scotland, acclaimed museums and a thriving music scene.
maybe this a bit Inigo?

Good point. Maybe they wanted to try to maintain the theme while having his name rhyme with Inigo, like how Selena rhymes with Severa and how Odin (sorta) rhymes with Owain. I don't know, I'm just speculating.

I honestly have no clue who Silas's VA is. To me, it sounded like Yuri Lowenthal but after hearing a few more of his lines, I'm not so sure! The grunts at least don't sound like Yuri Lowenthal but I'm not sure!

I did not think about Vic Migogna at the time, but actually I think you could be right. Though I only really know Vic Migogna as Junpei from P3 and Tamaki from Ouran.

It could be either him or Bryce Papenbrook!

http://darkpit.co.vu/post/138187021977/soratowa-i-was-looking-through-your-tags-and

Edited by ChocolaChao

I doubt it. Benoit isn't that uncommon a name.

Though it makes me think of the episode of Archer with a guy named Benoit.

please let us have a character be renamed lana

it happened

i can't bring myself to watch it though

Oh my god, I can't. I just can't. I'm done.

In all seriousness though I still can't get over Nishiki's name change to Kaden, like they changed Tsukuyomi to something that sounds Hoshidan/Asian, why couldn't Nishiki get similar treatment? But eh, nope, instead we just get Kaden. Also Saizo, and Kagero and all the names missing just one letter look wrong. I mean Subaki's name doesn't look terrible but it looked a lot nicer with the 'T' in it (Tsubaki). The other two I mentioned look terrible without the 'u' at the end (Saizou, Kagerou), but maybe I'm just being nit-picky. :\

Oh my god, I can't. I just can't. I'm done.

In all seriousness though I still can't get over Nishiki's name change to Kaden, like they changed Tsukuyomi to something that sounds Hoshidan/Asian, why couldn't Nishiki get similar treatment? But eh, nope, instead we just get Kaden. Also Saizo, and Kagero and all the names missing just one letter look wrong. I mean Subaki's name doesn't look terrible but it looked a lot nicer with the 'T' in it (Tsubaki). The other two I mentioned look terrible without the 'u' at the end (Saizou, Kagerou), but maybe I'm just being nit-picky. :\

Ostensibly it's pronounced Kah-den

Kaden is one of the worst word plays I have ever heard, also because never in my mind I would've thought to pronounce it with the english alphabet... no wait, at that point I would pronounce it "Kay-d'n". I would never think it's to be pronounced like "Cotton"! As if English does not have enough pronunciation problems already!

It's all to keep the fabric/sewing theme between shapeshifters... so it gets even more "No" points from me. I sure hope it won't be kept in the European transaltions.

Kaden is one of the worst word plays I have ever heard, also because never in my mind I would've thought to pronounce it with the english alphabet... no wait, at that point I would pronounce it "Kay-d'n". I would never think it's to be pronounced like "Cotton"! As if English does not have enough pronunciation problems already!

It's all to keep the fabric/sewing theme between shapeshifters... so it gets even more "No" points from me. I sure hope it won't be kept in the European transaltions.

Actually I've been under the assumption that it's "kay-den" as a wordplay on "brocade", which is what "nishiki" means anyway.

Actually I've been under the assumption that it's "kay-den" as a wordplay on "brocade", which is what "nishiki" means anyway.

That's what most people would assume it is. I've see people point out that there apprentely is a japanese word pronounced "Kah-den" which is why it would work inside the hoshido theme. The problem is, almost no one would think of that pronunciation, since Kay-den is actually a name.