The Official US English Fates Website Updated

CrimeanRoyalKnight

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so salty over Nishiki -> Kaden that I gave my friend high blood pressure, so she slapped me with this.

花伝 【かでん】 Kaden (feminine name; first kanji means "flower")

瓜田 【かでん】 Kaden (place; a melon field)

火田 【かでん】 Kaden (noun; "slash-and-burn agriculture." Can also be read as "Hida", a surname.)

河伝 【かでん】 Kaden (surname; "river path")

Stuff in the parenthesis was my own research, so it could be wrong.

I guess it's pronounced "Kah-den"? Just not sure if "Kah-den" or "Kah-den."

It doesn't make me hate it less, but after I had my meltdown over it and know it's actually Japanese... I'm just meh.

"Caeldori," on the other hand...

Oh, I stand corrected. I guess I jumped too fast to a conclusion, since Kaden didn't sound Japanese to me. I don't get too worked up over names; I just was hoping for the Hoshidians to stay in line with the Eastern theme. I am glad that Kaden is a Japanese word.

Edited by Leif

Huh. That's interesting.

I won't fight you for Kaden if you help me protect Oboro and Hana.

Hana is Karen Strassman aka Olivia/Anna , and Aigis from P3

My ears are simply amazing I'm on the hunt for these voices.

Edited by ChocolaChao

I think Vic Mignogna is voicing Nishiki Kaden if I heard it right and Matt Mercer is voicing Ryoma. I probably can only tell that since a lot of the grunting in the trailers sounds pretty much the same as Chrom.

I'm somewhat concerned about Shinonome's and Kisaragi's names now...

Shinonome can just be called Shin I think, I actually call him Shin because is more fast LoL, but Kisaragi... Maybe he got a complete new name :S ? I'm worried for him now...

And thats too bad because I finally create a story for where his name come from for my fanfic and if he has a new name my idea will not work for localization names

I thought Ryoma sounded a bit deeper than Chrom (which would make sense, as Ryoma is surely older), but VAs make their voices sound different for different characters all the time, so it could still probably be the same.

It's why I said Hinoka could be Ashleigh Ball (I mentioned her sounding like Rainbow Dash from MLP which Ball voices). :P

EDIT: I hope it's not Shin because FE6 Shin and I prefer to see no repeating names. I think Shinonome should just be called Shino.

Edited by Anacybele

No one is denying that he is... I agreed that it's likely Mercer...

I'm just disappointed that they didn't call up Kyle Hebert again. :(

Edited by Anacybele

No. It was confirmed a while ago that S-ranking the Nohr siblings is still there. Presumably, doing the same to the Hoshido siblings should be as well.

Given how some of the dialogue in those GameXplain videos really freaking pushed the blood sibling part of Hoshido, im wondering if they actually nuked their S supports with the avatar.

Arthur sounds like how he looks. Captain America style. Felicias voice actor is not bad, but damn that voice does not fit her for sure. Its fine except for one qoute line. Ike?

Why isn't there a description of Flora?

Even for the Japanese release, we got nothing about Flora until the game came out. Hell, we actually learned "Flora" was her English name before we heard it was her Japanese one too - the first time we saw a name for her was when Treehouse showed the English version of Conquest Ch7 at E3 just before the Japanese release.

I wonder when the actual info FE Fates info page will be updated to reflect all this.

The name chart will be updated, but everything else will have to wait until we get all the names.

Nobody wants to update 100 pages each time we discover a dozen new names : P

Well this is interesting. Can't say though I'm disappointed anymore since with the trends going on I kinda expected these. I love their consistency though. Setsuna->Setsuna, Tsubaki->Subaki, Tsukuyomi->Hayato. 9999999999999/1 would localize again.

Given how some of the dialogue in those GameXplain videos really freaking pushed the blood sibling part of Hoshido, im wondering if they actually nuked their S supports with the avatar.

I wouldn't be complaining, though I'm sure quite a few would be.