Polygon confirms: bathhouses, swim suits are still in.

Supercredit

Now that I think about it, hasn't Reina been bloodthirsty even in the japanese version?

I remeber one of her skinship lines is her saying that she loves Corrin's hand because it killed so many people. Peri also says something like this.

Edited by Water Mage

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, Izana's dialogue fits his goofy personality.

And I think people are taking the whole "Elise is an adult" thing way to far.

I'm pretty Leo was simply telling her to behave more properly.

Oh, for sure, but...

...I guess 'be a little bit more mature' didn't ring a bell when they translated that part, huh?

...Would've been a better way to phrase it.

This is nothing but a very hamfisted way of telling the player that Elise is totes legal and it's okay to want to bone her, in spite of the double taboos.

I think she just looks young for her age like me. I may be a senior who's 18, but people mistake me for an 8th grader ALL THE TIME.

There are a couple of things I'd like to point out here. First of all, people can still see you've gone through puberty, which is not the case with Elise. Secondly, she's a designed video game character who is a literal child in the Japanese version, and the localization is trying the hardest to cover that fact up; there's a very big difference between a real life example and someone who was created with a very specific goal in mind.

Now that I think about it, hasn't Reina been bloodthirsty even in the japanese version?

I remeber one of her skinship lines is her saying that she loves Corrin's hand because it killed so many people. Peri also says something like this.

Isn't her ability called victory rush or something? Her bloodthirst has always been there I believe, but i never used her so I can't say for certain.

Edited by Thane

There are a couple of things I'd like to point out here. First of all, people can still see you've gone through puberty, which is not the case with Elise. Secondly, she's a designed video game character who is a literal child in the Japanese version, and the localization is trying the hardest to cover that fact up; there's a very big difference between a real life example and someone who was created with a very specific goal in mind.

I'm just saying I could buy what the localization's saying, even if I OBVIOUSLY know what the actual intention was in the Japanese version.

Reina is pretty, I'd marry her if F!Corrin could :(

In America!

I'll probably still choose Reina since I'm trying to marry every character that can marry others aside from just Corrin. Just never expected her thrill for battle to be so out rightly stated.

Also in regards to Elise, I'd rather her being heavily stated to being an adult opposed to Nintendo just removing her ability to S-support with Corrin and other characters due to her young appearance/implied age in the original version.

Edited by KazeNinja17

I'm just saying I could buy what the localization's saying, even if I OBVIOUSLY know what the actual intention was in the Japanese version.

We all knew something would imply that they were older in the western version, but I was hoping for something a tad more subtle than a ton of TNT. How about, instead of just forcing the "technically, you're an adult", Leo could've said something along the lines of "for how long are you going to act as a child".

It's just a preemptive way of trying to deflect criticism towards the game once people will start getting concerned about pedophilia.

Sadly, Thane, its no joke. Its an awful shoehorned excuse, and doesn't make a good impression early in the game… no one would believe this….

Elise should not have existed in her current form… she really, at a minimum, should have been something closer to 16-18.

I'm pretty sure that would qualify as "technically an adult" in this case

I interpret the line as meaning that Elise just recently turned whatever age qualifies as adult here(probably 18)

Not that it isn't awkward dialogue

^something like that line Thane has there would've been much smoother

Edited by DavidSW

Well it's not like they had many options. If they'd left her at around the age she is in the Japanese version people would be complaining about pedo-bait, if they removed the ability to S-Rank her (and Sakura, Lutz, Midoriko and any other under-aged character I might've forgotten) people would be complaining about censorship. Again. Whether or not the effort was effective is debatable, but I'm not going to fault NoA for at least trying.

Also, I think it's worth pointing out that Bar/Bat Mitzvah's, which are coming of age ceremonies mind you, take place at the ages of 13 and 12 respectively. The technically probably means she's at the age where she is considered an adult in terms of expected maturity and accountability for one's own actions, not necessarily in terms of age.

Edited by Phillius

Another thing,

isn't the Izana from that picture

The fake one?

This is very true. I forgot about that aspect. Could easily be "Izana" trying to tarnish Izana's name. XD

Leo: Hello my sister WHO IS TOTALLY AN ADULT AND NOT ACTUALLY A YOUNG CHILD BY THE WAY, how are you today?

But in all seriousness, as blatantly obvious an insert as that line is, it's better than the alternative of leaving her potentially a young teen or preteen.

Well it's not like they had many options. If they'd left her at around the age she is in the Japanese version people would be complaining about pedo-bait, if they removed the ability to S-Rank her (and Sakura, Lutz, Midoriko and any other under-aged character I might've forgotten) people would be complaining about censorship. Again. Whether or not the effort was effective is debatable, but I'm not going to fault NoA for at least trying.

Also, I think it's worth pointing out that Bar/Bat Mitzvah's, which are coming of age ceremonies mind you, take place at the ages of 13 and 12 respectively. The technically probably means she's at the age where she is considered an adult in terms of expected maturity and accountability for one's own actions, not necessarily in terms of age.

Very good point here.

Leo: Hello my sister WHO IS TOTALLY AN ADULT AND NOT ACTUALLY A YOUNG CHILD BY THE WAY, how are you today?

But in all seriousness, as blatantly obvious an insert as that line is, it's better than the alternative of leaving her potentially a young teen or preteen.

Either way, NoA is facing the Catch22 scenario again. It's either too obvious or not obvious enough for this particular thing.

The GamExplain Losing to Lucina video which unfortunately isn't working for a lot of people ends with a clip of him walking into Elise in the hot spring. If you fast forward to the end.

This isn't my link someone else (Esme) posted this in the compilation of voice clips thread but it should work.

https://a.pomf.cat/hiswlk.webm

I have to say, Benny and Niles have great voice works. Benny's voice reflects his character, and Niles sounds like real bad ass.

Still, I want to hear DC Douglas as Niles.

This is very true. I forgot about that aspect. Could easily be "Izana" trying to tarnish Izana's name. XD

Yeah this, and apparently my earlier quip about Yuugiri was also a forgotten aspect (though I think that wasn't as focused in the original compared to now). Also forgot that Izana is supposedly eccentric.

Uh-huh, because it'll feel so natural when she or Midoriko become pregnant and then shove that baby into the hyperbolic time chamber. Because according to Leo she's TECHNICALLY an adult.

Look, I know I'm giving this particular line a hard time, but it's pretty hilarious. I would've figured they'd just make Lutz, Elise, Midoriko, Sakura and Kisaragi unable to be romanced. The internet would implode but I still find it scary just how young these kids are.

Edited by Thane

I think she just looks young for her age like me. I may be a senior who's 18, but people mistake me for an 8th grader ALL THE TIME.

Try being 26 and still getting asked if you want a children's menu, and THEN we'll talk.

Also, localization made some good changes in certain aspects. And they made questionable changes in other aspects. Either way, they weren't going to win unless they decided to just cut out certain marriage options. And then that'll get them flak for other reasons.

Blame IS

Cue the fan outrage. Flannel is now confirmed to be Keaton.

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/696854989839306753

That... could be worse.

Fake edit: What the heck. Now all I'm gonna think about is the Keaton from Majora's Mask. Y'know, the fox spirit.

Edited by Konnor97

Honestly, I'm okay with them removing the fabric naming scheme. It was kind of outplayed in Awakening. The only ones I really liked are Kinu and Velour.

Try being 26 and still getting asked if you want a children's menu, and THEN we'll talk.

Also, localization made some good changes in certain aspects. And they made questionable changes in other aspects. Either way, they weren't going to win unless they decided to just cut out certain marriage options. And then that'll get them flak for other reasons.

Blame IS

Excuse the potential double-post, but like I said, it's a Catch22 situation. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Edited by KazeNinja17