Polygon confirms: bathhouses, swim suits are still in.

Supercredit

Wow, you people act like I want to kill all men who wear dresses. How ridiculous. I'm not a monster. So what if I don't like the idea of men dressing like girls? It doesn't mean I have anything against them personally. I just don't like one of their habits, that's all. You don't see me wanting to kill my mom because I don't like her habit of being nitpicky. God damn.

Also, what's this about defending Foleo? No one is attacking him.

If you don't want to be called insensitive, maybe you shouldn't say insensitive things. ;p Its fine to have your own opinions and all, but relax some.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No joke. Hes one im looking the most forward to. Im having a hard time picking a mum for him tbh. I want pretty hair Foleo.

Speaking of Foleo's mother, Hinoka and Sakura would be pretty good mothers for Foleo in term of personality.

Hinoka would be relate to Foleo as she has similar problems and she would be someone who can really understand him, and Sakura and Foleo have such personalites that I can imagine the two playing dress up.

And Ana, it's a question of being more careful with your words.

Edited by Water Mage

If you don't want to be called insensitive, maybe you shouldn't say insensitive things. ;p Its fine to have your own opinions and all, but relax some.

What insensitive thing did I ever say? I wasn't attacking anyone here personally. I said I don't like characters like Foleo and that's all I meant to say/imply.

EDIT: My words were fine. I even thought them through and changed up a few before I made some posts.

Edited by Anacybele

How dare you. That isn't what I meant at all and you know it.

Do I really know it, though? Because I don't know what to think of you anymore.

Do I really know it, though? Because I don't know what to think of you anymore.

Well, considering that you personally helped me out a lot with my wording problems and I greatly appreciated it, I don't know what to think of you anymore either.

Edited by Anacybele

What insensitive thing did I ever say? I wasn't attacking anyone here personally. I said I don't like characters like Foleo and that's all I meant to say/imply.

EDIT: My words were fine. I even thought them through and changed up a few before I made some posts.

He doesn't like being mistaken for a woman? Well, he shouldn't dress like one then! He can't blame others for thinking he's a girl because they thought he was one based on his appearance. I like this character even less already.

If someone makes a mistake about your gender or something, it's just that, a mistake! They don't mean any harm. What, should everyone go around making like a Pokemon professor before saying anything else to a person?

You're right in the fact that most of the time, its just a mistake. But that doesn't make it any less harmful. What you said is insensitive and smells vaguely of victim blaming. Just a liiil bit. It may not have been what you meant, but its what you said. Also, an even better idea to avoid conflict is to just not assume someone's gender. Its not hard to use gender neutral pronouns towards someone until you know for sure which pronouns they actually use. I get that that's an abnormal thing outside of queer communities, so I may seem weird for suggesting it, but its not a bad idea.

I appreciate you thinking your thoughts through and doing your best, but there are just some opinions out there that are going to hurt people no matter what. Yours is one of them.

Well, considering that you personally helped me out a lot with my wording problems and I greatly appreciated it, I don't know what to think of you anymore either.

Can't say I really care what you think of me, but I know on my end that I'm close to giving up. There are times when I feel that you are making big improvements in how you interact with people, and there are times when I think you're still not getting the big picture as to why sometimes the things you say offend people and I think at this point I really can't do anything more to help than I already have.

Wow. This topic took a turn for the worst. Jeez. And Ana, I hate to say it, but while you may have not meant for your words to be taken a certain way, it is the internet. What may be intended to be a simple statement of opinion could easily be taken out of context or misconstrued.

Also, changing Foleo into a female character would just ruin his character.

You're right in the fact that most of the time, its just a mistake. But that doesn't make it any less harmful. What you said is insensitive and smells vaguely of victim blaming. Just a liiil bit. It may not have been what you meant, but its what you said. Also, an even better idea to avoid conflict is to just not assume someone's gender. Its not hard to use gender neutral pronouns towards someone until you know for sure which pronouns they actually use. I get that that's an abnormal thing outside of queer communities, so I may seem weird for suggesting it, but its not a bad idea.

I appreciate you thinking your thoughts through and doing your best, but there are just some opinions out there that are going to hurt people no matter what. Yours is one of them.

Even if it is harmful, it's still mistakenly harmful, and I would not appreciate being called a rude person simply for making a mistake. That's all I meant to say. I realize that for a long time, I had problems wording my sentences properly and not ending up offending people with what I say by mistake. But I don't want to be called a horrible person for it. It's not easy being someone whose brain can't tell the right thing from the wrong thing half the time because I was fucking born that way (autism)... All I ever want is to be nice and civil, not hurt people.

Can't say I really care what you think of me, but I know on my end that I'm close to giving up. There are times when I feel that you are making big improvements in how you interact with people, and there are times when I think you're still not getting the big picture as to why sometimes the things you say offend people and I think at this point I really can't do anything more to help than I already have.

^And comments like these were what drove me to depression back in high school. People calling me names and even saying I'm a lost cause because I'm apparently just rude and can't say the right thing even though I never purposely do that.

Edited by Anacybele

No joke. Hes one im looking the most forward to. Im having a hard time picking a mum for him tbh. I want pretty hair Foleo.

Man, imo he looks best with colors like pink and blonde. I made an exception because Nyx's hair looks adorable on him.

It's very possible Foleo will make it through unscathed. I remember the US version of Naruto kept Haku as a male despite dressing and looking like a woman. And Naruto had a much younger target audience than Fates.

T game, but Amane Nishiki from BlazBlue dressed rather feminine (kimonos and the like) and went untouched.

OurBoyRoy: Personally, I've come to call that the *insert my username* effect. Because it just loves to happen when I'm involved in things like this on websites.

Edited by Anacybele

147 users reading... What is even going on in this thread lol. Can we get a mod?

eclipse is a mod and according to the bottom of this topic, she's keeping an eye on it.

Man, imo he looks best with colors like pink and blonde. I made an exception because Nyx's hair looks adorable on him.

man foleo looks so great with pink hair but i'm also leaning towards blonde just because i've seen him with it before so much that i'm like, attached to it

also it looks good

i feel like my decision of who to pair leo with will mostly be decided based on what color foleo's hair will be

yes.

Edited by maybe

147 users reading... What is even going on in this thread lol. Can we get a mod?

For what, exactly?

OurBoyRoy: Personally, I've come to call that the *insert my username* effect. Because it just loves to happen when I'm involved in things like this on websites.

If you want to make the situation better, I have two things which you can do:

1. Apologize.

2. Understand the reasons why people are upset, even if you don't agree with those reasons. Then, take that into consideration before making a statement regarding someone's fashion sense.

Otherwise, things will not improve. Regardless, I do not look kindly on treating yourself as the victim.

I think Felicia gives a cute color for him (also Felicia and Leon have a cute support so that helps), it also matches with his outfit.

Here is a link for all the colors he can have (not counting female!Kamui) : http://tjsbin.tumblr.com/post/129688014398/foleos-possible-hair-colors-for-skinship-next-up

^And comments like these were what drove me to depression back in high school. People calling me names and even saying I'm a lost cause because I'm apparently just rude and can't say the right thing even though I never purposely do that.

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings. Try to understand that I'm not saying this to try to make you depressed or to be rude. I am a blunt person (much like your favorite character, Ike), and I believe that some things just need to be said. Right now, you don't have to understand why things may upset people. Just step back and realize that just as you may have been hurt by what people have said to you, people can be equally hurt or stressed out by the things you say to them too.

I think Felicia gives a cute color for him (also Felicia and Leon have a cute support so that helps), it also matches with his outfit.

Here is a link for all the colors he can have (not counting female!Kamui) : http://tjsbin.tumblr.com/post/129688014398/foleos-possible-hair-colors-for-skinship-next-up

I second Felicia's and I also personally like Sakura's. Honestly, you can't go wrong with Foleo unless you give him blue hair, imo.

For what, exactly?

If you want to make the situation better, I have two things which you can do:

1. Apologize.

2. Understand the reasons why people are upset, even if you don't agree with those reasons. Then, take that into consideration before making a statement regarding someone's fashion sense.

Otherwise, things will not improve. Regardless, I do not look kindly on treating yourself as the victim.

Except I did apologize earlier and that did nothing? I don't know what else to do then. And why don't I have a right to feel "victimized" if everyone is picking on me for a single opinion that I stated? Because that's how I felt I was being treated. If no one intended that, then I guess I'm sorry again. If this apology will even get noticed...

For the record, would just like to hop on the Foleo loving bandwagon. I think it's awesome there's a character like him in a Nintendo game. I hope he actually has depth to him, as I haven't read anything.

Except I did apologize earlier and that did nothing? I don't know what else to do then. And why don't I have a right to feel "victimized" if everyone is picking on me for a single opinion that I stated? Because that's how I felt I was being treated. If no one intended that, then I guess I'm sorry again. If this apology will even get noticed...

That's step 1 out of the way.

Do you understand why people are upset with you? It's not because you're Ana (and rest assured if it was for something so shallow, I would've said something about it). Even if you don't agree with their logic, at least try to understand where they're coming from.

EDIT:

For the record, would just like to hop on the Foleo loving bandwagon. I think it's awesome there's a character like him in a Nintendo game. I hope he actually has depth to him, as I haven't read anything.

You will not be disappointed.

Edited by eclipse

man foleo looks so great with pink hair but i'm also leaning towards blonde just because i've seen him with it before so much that i'm like, attached to it

also it looks good

i feel like my decision of who to pair leo with will mostly be decided based on what color foleo's hair will be

Leo is only one of two people I will willingly let marry Sakura so idk what that tells you.