Polygon confirms: bathhouses, swim suits are still in.

Supercredit

Unless the buyable swimsuits gave a really nice stat bonus or something, don't really care about their removal. If I want to see a shirtless Saizou, I'll make a male Corrin in Hoshido and walk into the men's bath!

There's also rule 34. I'm sure we all hate being reminded, but it exists. So there's no reason for Fire Emblem characters to be wearing swimsuits or almost nothing at all in the game.

We don't need it.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's also rule 34. I'm sure we all hate being reminded, but it exists. So there's no reason for Fire Emblem characters to be wearing swimsuits or almost nothing at all in the game.

We don't need it.

Who needs rule 34 when Kozaki does a Twitter sketch of what I want? :P:

Unless the buyable swimsuits had a giant mechanical impact on the game, I won't really care if they're gone.

Unless the buyable swimsuits had a giant mechanical impact on the game, I won't really care if they're gone.

Pretty much my thoughts, I'll be more mad if I can't have GIANT FLOWING CAPES :P:

Ugh, just...why. Do the people at NoA simply assume that no one has seen a bikini before? I feel like I've seen worse than the base game had strolling through the supermarket, so this just seems like a bizarre change, there can't really be someone so sensitive as to actually get worked up about their inclusion.

Ugh, just...why. Do the people at NoA simply assume that no one has seen a bikini before? I feel like I've seen worse than the base game had strolling through the supermarket, so this just seems like a bizarre change, there can't really be someone so sensitive as to actually get worked up about their inclusion.

It's silly that they removed them, but I'm sure it had more to do with the ability to move the camera around and take pictures of the characters in their outfits.

True, and tbh it should not be removed from the game, because you can only see characters wearing them in Accessory shop or in Hot-spring.. and those swimsuits give -1 or -2 Damage received in castle battle.

Edited by KamuiSama

Who needs rule 34 when Kozaki does a Twitter sketch of what I want? :P:

Def boost in WiFi battles

I think if you remove his armor he'll have a basic swimsuit. It's just the extra swimsuits you can't have. Which is unfortunate.

I find the bath towel to be even more lewd than a swimsuit, to be honest

Wait... was there even a point for removing them, then? If you can have the basic swimsuits, why shouldn't you be able to buy the other ones? They really aren't much lewder. It feels like removing them was a waste of time, money and effort.

It's silly that they removed them, but I'm sure it had more to do with the ability to move the camera around and take pictures of the characters in their outfits.

I remember the Japanese Monster Hunter 4G miiverse community got the ability to take screenshots taken away (at least temporarily) because people were posting pictures of their hunters armorless- i.e., in their underwear.

Wouldn't be all that surprised if this was meant as a pre-emptive measure.

Edited by The DanMan

Apparently, you can still see the characters in their underwear. There goes my theory, and all logic.

https://twitter.com/BitnerdGX/status/697879698202726400

That's certainly weird. Isn't it usually other way around? It's not okay to show underwear, but it's okay to show bikini.

Yet, it's okay to show underwear, but not okay to show bikini?

If they censored underwear and kept bikinis, that will somewhat make sense. But, other way around? I just don't understand the logic here.

Edited by Great Merchant

When I was 19 people mistook me for 12. If I wore a vest I'd look flat chested. And I'm totally late to this conversation I was adding to the whole Elise thing from page two. I'm going to hide in a corner now.

Edited by Tharja the Dark Desire

Nawww.

Seriously though. There's a difference between 'being' and 'acting'. Elise looks and acts like a child. A 12 year old. No matter how you look at it, that don't fly in games like this where you can undress units, touch face and marry, during a call of duty, during total war. It's demoralizing.

I see ten thousand female swimsuits, but what were the male counterparts that were censored? I'd like to see if they were also in need of censorship or the female ones just led them to that decision.

Pretty sure it wasn't anything more risque than Olympic swimmers wear and it's 3DS so it's not like it was super high detail bulge.

All right, upon further investigation, it seems they are cut. Pointless and stupid, but given the fact it probably would be a pain to remove the ability for the younger characters to wear them and not the actual women, they decided screw it and cut it out all together.

Still, as someone already pointed out, why not just censor the younger characters? It makes even less sense when you realize the fact that the default swimsuit for the women characters regardless of age is a bikini which basically defeats the purpose of the censorship. I will still probably buy the game, but I think that was the only thing that really bothered me as its probably the least controversial of all the changes. (Didn't really care about Soleil changes or age hikes as I won't romance the younger characters or Soleil anyways.)

Edited by ZenithZX

So the swimsuits are in the localisation data and are even translated, but then nintendo decided 2lewd4murica and just took them out.

MKID_ACCESHOP_きわどい水着: Bold Swimsuit
MKID_ACCESHOP_草花の水着: Tropical Suit
MKID_ACCESHOP_闇の衣: Dark Robe
MKID_ACCESHOP_貝殻の下着: Seashell Suit
MKID_H_ACCESHOP_闇の衣: Enchanting underthings for wicked witches.\n+2 damage dealt while in other castles.
MKID_H_ACCESHOP_草花の水着: A natural swimsuit made from plants.\n+2 damage dealt while in other castles.
MKID_H_ACCESHOP_貝殻の下着: A natural swimsuit made from seashells.\n+2 damage dealt while in other castles.
MKID_H_ACCESHOP_愛の水着: A swimsuit formed from shared yearning.\n+2 damage dealt while in other castles.
Oh nintendo and their irrational fear of the female body.

So the swimsuits are in the localisation data and are even translated, but then nintendo decided 2lewd4murica and just took them out.

MKID_ACCESHOP_きわどい水着: Bold Swimsuit

MKID_ACCESHOP_草花の水着: Tropical Suit

MKID_ACCESHOP_闇の衣: Dark Robe

MKID_ACCESHOP_貝殻の下着: Seashell Suit

MKID_H_ACCESHOP_闇の衣: Enchanting underthings for wicked witches.\n+2 damage dealt while in other castles.

MKID_H_ACCESHOP_草花の水着: A natural swimsuit made from plants.\n+2 damage dealt while in other castles.

MKID_H_ACCESHOP_貝殻の下着: A natural swimsuit made from seashells.\n+2 damage dealt while in other castles.

MKID_H_ACCESHOP_愛の水着: A swimsuit formed from shared yearning.\n+2 damage dealt while in other castles.

Oh nintendo and their irrational fear of the female body.

good so it's still exploitable all I need to know!

Wait, so swimsuits AREN'T in even though we can still see characters in the bath area? That is just the most bullshit change I've ever seen, especially since the bath towels are still in. I mean, sure, bath towels technically cover more skin, but bathing suits are actually worn in public places! Bath towels are not.

I thought Treehouse was smart. This is just really stupid. And admittedly, I wanted to put a swimsuit on Ike. But that's obviously not the only reason I hate this change.

Edited by Anacybele

Somewhat late to the party, but

MKID_MYROOM_アクセサリー取得_愛の水着: Your bond has deepened!\nNow you can get the Toga of Love\nfrom the accessory shop.

Found this in the raw text dump, so um

... I thought it was a swimsuit you got from the My Room thing?

Did they take out the swimsuit and splice in a recoloured toga? Can anybody check to confirm?