Polygon confirms: bathhouses, swim suits are still in.

Supercredit

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS! NoA wouldn't have won either way. Some people would be upset that you can marry a character that looks so young or you could have what we've been dealing with in this topic. People mocking, complaining, etc. about it.

So why isn't there a bigger uproar that someone like Ricken or Hayato can marry? Or Morgan, who's your kid, and looks like a kid? Because if it's one of those "but she LOOKS 13!", then I'd expect the same shitstorm over the teenage boys!

So why isn't there a bigger uproar that someone like Ricken or Hayato can marry? Or Morgan, who's your kid, and looks like a kid? Because if it's one of those "but she LOOKS 13!", then I'd expect the same shitstorm over the teenage boys!

Ricken I think was less of a big deal because children weren't born in realtime, and I have seen the same sort of uproar including Hayato, actually.

Honestly... It might just be that I cannot see that hairstyle on anyone who is an adult who does not CLEARLY look at an adult. It basically by default looks like a child look to me.

Because people take Waifus to seriously. I honestly think that people dont give much thought. This personally does not bother me. Lissa was at question, but it does not kill me.

Edited by Radiance

b/c hes ricken the dicken lel

Idk, possibly because he could be passed off easier as an older character then he appears or some dumb reason. hes mostly going unpaired for me so

our culture

look at what happens when you see that a student and teacher were in a sexual relationship

when it's a boy, people will priase the kid, congratulating him on getting laid

when it's a girl, people will riot untill they have the guy's head on a spear

and whenever sentencing happens women genearly get fewer years in jail

needless to say, people don't care about kids getting into a sexual relationship with an older person, unless they're a girl

Edited by Captain Karnage

All you people leaving Ricken unpaired are gonna be banned, because he's got a pretty good class set and modifiers that lean towards a hybrid build :P:

I'm going to be quite disappointed if there's an uproar over Sakura/Elise "because they're KIDS!" Ricken's support with Sully is what I'd expect out of someone that's a year or two older than Elise, at most. So why is it okay for younger boys to be married, but the younger girls need an age adjustment?

EDIT:

our culture

look at what happens when you see that a student and teacher were in a sexual relationship

needless to say, people don't care about kids getting into a sexual relationship with an older person, unless they're a girl

Then our culture needs to change. If Nintendo can shove same-sex supports in the game, then I don't see why the hell they can't leave the kids as kids (and sort it out later).

Edited by eclipse

our culture

Oh boy...

*Takes cover in fallout shelter*

All you people leaving Ricken unpaired are gonna be banned, because he's got a pretty good class set and modifiers that lean towards a hybrid build :P:

I'm going to be quite disappointed if there's an uproar over Sakura/Elise "because they're KIDS!" Ricken's support with Sully is what I'd expect out of someone that's a year or two older than Elise, at most. So why is it okay for younger boys to be married, but the younger girls need an age adjustment?

EDIT:

Then our culture needs to change. If Nintendo can shove same-sex supports in the game, then I don't see why the hell they can't leave the kids as kids (and sort it out later).

I don't know how to explain it, but basically I summarize it to the point "I'm willing to overlook standards if it makes a damn good kid."

Im looking at Sakura x Saizou aka my Saizou otp. fite me over making use dicken

It's a culture thing, yeah. When you say "pedophile", most people's first thoughts are some hairy 40-60 year old man getting touchy toward his students, neighbor's kids, or nephew/niece. Or an otaku online gushing about an anime girl's panties. A lot of people simply don't register an adult female preying on a young male (Or at least expressing sexual attraction toward them) as the same crime, which is why people are hesitant to hire on male teachers at elementary schools or leave their children alone with a male babysitter.

There's also an element of gender power dynamics, of course; the aforementioned example isn't seen as a woman preying on a boy but as a boy somehow "conquering" an adult woman like a real man.

What I find rather odd, though, is not the pedophilia double standard but the incest one. Sakura, Elise, and sometimes Camilla are frequently brought up in the "eww, that's your sister, why can you marry them" way, yet nobody really bats an eye at the roughly twenty trigintillion girls talking about what they want to do to Takumi, Leo, or Xander (Poor Lobster Lord...). Incest is usually equally taboo across gender.

What I find rather odd, though, is not the pedophilia double standard but the incest one. Sakura, Elise, and sometimes Camilla are frequently brought up in the "eww, that's your sister, why can you marry them" way, yet nobody really bats an eye at the roughly twenty trigintillion girls talking about what they want to do to Takumi, Leo, or Xander (Poor Lobster Lord...). Incest is usually equally taboo across gender.

I never even got the whole adopted incest thing after it was revealed that they weren't blood related to you anyways. I'm completely against blood incest, but the case with the Nohr/Hoshido siblings is just pretty weird to be complaining about incest. Now Leon's another case and I don't see anyone complaining about him, even though his situation is 10x worse than marrying your adopted siblings, gross. Although what you said might just have to do with people being more vocal about wanting to marry Camilla/Elise than girls with wanting to marry the brothers.

They will get no sympathy from me. Society has always been like that in the Middle ages and it applies today. Idk why but it just does. With this game I feel like it could have been worse. Censorship also is gender biased. Guy with a shirt off while a girl... yeah people just seem to be critical about it. Why do you think there are rarely any online ladies? Because men are dumb and think they are superior. Now with the situtation of the game, I feel like age was just a hit and miss on IS. Shit happens enough said. Perhaps in the future this will be fixed idk.

It's not like anyone is saying "take out sister incest but leave brother incest in". I don't have plans for marrying my Femui to any of the brothers.

It's a culture thing, yeah. When you say "pedophile", most people's first thoughts are some hairy 40-60 year old man getting touchy toward his students, neighbor's kids, or nephew/niece. Or an otaku online gushing about an anime girl's panties. A lot of people simply don't register an adult female preying on a young male (Or at least expressing sexual attraction toward them) as the same crime, which is why people are hesitant to hire on male teachers at elementary schools or leave their children alone with a male babysitter.

There's also an element of gender power dynamics, of course; the aforementioned example isn't seen as a woman preying on a boy but as a boy somehow "conquering" an adult woman like a real man.

Agreed with you SO FUCKING HARD on everything. I don't care what people want to do on their own game file. However, I quite dislike double standards and hypocrisy, such as someone declaring their little sisters to be pure and innocent and need to be protected, while screaming that the little brothers are their husbando and they want to bang them.

Edited by Sunwoo

It doesn't hurt that Leo and Takumi were more or less specifically designed to appeal to female fans according to the anniversary book. While also being your adoptive brothers...

Edited by Phillius

So it sounds like the fucked-up power dynamics between sexes that I'd desperately want to see gone. In which case, either upscale every kid-looking character's age, or leave them all alone.

As for what I'd do to the royal brothers. . .I'd totally braid Takumi's hair, ask Ryoma for tennis cooking lessons, needle Leo, and attempt to teach Xander how to swim! :P:

Heh heh that blunt saying made me laugh Sun. That's a good point. I am not gonna marry any of my siblings so I am fine. Heh society on a whole new level. Gender equality 2016. We are all innocent....maybe

Edited by Radiance

It doesn't hurt that Leo and Takumi were more or less specifically designed to appeal to female fans according to the anniversary book. While also being your adoptive brothers...

While that's true, I am honestly very disappointed that so many fans don't give a fuck about the fact that this game was SUPPOSED to be about siblings, not siblings who happened to be fuckable and not related to you and the game continues to act like you're related and the truth of your non-relations never comes up. I mean, wow, I look at the fan art about this game and you'd think the entire point of this game was to marry and have kids instead of a game that was trying to tell a story about family and loyalty vs. blood.

I guess what pisses me off the most is that people put romance so above any other relationship ties that they're HAPPY that the game sacrifices its theme as long as they get to bang who they want.