Polygon confirms: bathhouses, swim suits are still in.

Supercredit

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To some people, hide and seek could be insinuating something sexual.

Putting this under spoiler cause it's slightly inappropriate.

Hide and seek is a popular sex game.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hide+N+Seek

Oh, I see. Thank you both for telling me.

I don't know what everyone wanted localization to do about Elise, it's not like they could just up and request a new model and image for her to make her seem older. They are trying to avoid controversies about pedophelia, and rightfully so. Unfortunately the original version didn't give them much to work with here, so they did the best they could. She can pass as a 16 year old which would be the approximate age that was considered an adult in that time period. There really wasn't much they could do here, it's not like they could pull the whole looks 14 but is really 1000 years old trick again.

Edited by Tolvir

I don't know what everyone wanted localization to do about Elise, it's not like they could just up and request a new model and image for her to make her seem older. They are trying to avoid controversies about pedophelia, and rightfully so. Unfortunately the original version didn't give them much to work with here, so they did the best they could. She can pass as a 16 year old which would be the approximate age that was considered an adult in that time period. There really wasn't much they could do here, it's not like they could pull the whole looks 14 but is really 1000 years old trick again.

Agreed. People are probably over-analyzing it.

I don't particularly care about Keaton whatsoever; the cotton pun could be there, but it's a pretty ho-hum name change.

I already figured the bathhouses were in, and that's the least of my concerns when it comes to fanservice.

Also, even though I'm late to the party, I'll just fire this out: for much of human civilization, you were considered an adult not too long after you entered puberty.

Taking that into account, is it really hard to think of Elise as 14-15? I feel like I'm one of the very few people who are actually looking at and trying to analyze the localization before jumping on the hate-train.

Really, they should've cut the sibling marriage options all together.

I don't particularly care about Keaton whatsoever; the cotton pun could be there, but it's a pretty ho-hum name change.

I already figured the bathhouses were in, and that's the least of my concerns when it comes to fanservice.

Also, even though I'm late to the party, I'll just fire this out: for much of human civilization, you were considered an adult not too long after you entered puberty.

Taking that into account, is it really hard to think of Elise as 14-15? I feel like I'm one of the very few people who are actually looking at and trying to analyze the localization before jumping on the hate-train.

I always figured that Elise, Sakura, and all the younger looking characters were at least 16, just very young looking.

Honestly, I've always wondered how people see Elise as 12.

She always seemed a 15 year old to me.

And Sakura doesn't look that young either, she's definitively not a 12 or 13 year old.

She's seems 15-16 at least.

Edited by Water Mage

Honestly, I've always wondered how people see Elise as 12.

She always seemed a 15 year old to me.

And Sakura doesn't look that young either, she's definitively not a 12 or 13 year old.

She's seems 15-16 at least.

Because IS can't establish a time-line for shit. Elise was born after Azura was kidnapped, which would make her around 10-13 depending on how old Azura was (I'm assuming she was 5-8 years old).

Elise looks like she could be as young as ten. But I put her age at around the 12-14 range. Sakura looks like she's 15.

And yeah, it's completely possible that because it's Nohr and not the modern western world Elise would be considered an adult at 13. Of course, I imagine that not a lot of people are going to give that much thought because a lot of people can't think that deeply and they'll just giggle because as far as they know localization is trying to pass off Elise as 18+. Either way, the problem is not so much Elise's age but that there's a marriage system with instant-bake babies and marrying siblings in this game in the first place. If you couldn't marry Elise, I doubt her age would be an issue. I mean, I certainly don't remember anyone complaining about the 13-year-old Sanaki in RD!

Because IS can't establish a time-line for shit. Elise was born after Azura was kidnapped, which would make her around 10-13 depending on how old Azura was (I'm assuming she was 5-8 years old).

"According to her supports with Azura, Elise was born after Azura was kidnapped by Hoshido, and in Azura's support with Arthur, he said it as been more than 10 years since he last seen her. This could possibly mean that Elise is at least over 10 years old or the start of the game. However, Elise is also a marriage candidate in the game, so she would have to be at least twelve or fourteen years old since noblewomen in Medieval/Renaissance ages would marry at such age." <---From the Fire Emblem Wikia. This might get retconned in the NoA localization to fit Western standards.

Again, I feel like it's worth pointing out the Bar/Bat Mitzvah's, which are coming of age ceremonies, take place at the ages of 13 and 12 respectively. When Leo says that Elise is technically an adult, I'm pretty sure he'd mean she's an adult in terms of being accountable for her own actions and expected levels of maturity as opposed to her actual age.

"According to her supports with Azura, Elise was born after Azura was kidnapped by Hoshido, and in Azura's support with Arthur, he said it as been more than 10 years since he last seen her. This could possibly mean that Elise is at least over 10 years old or the start of the game. However, Elise is also a marriage candidate in the game, so she would have to be at least twelve or fourteen years old since noblewomen in Medieval/Renaissance ages would marry at such age." <---From the Fire Emblem Wikia. This might get retconned in the NoA localization to fit Western standards.

Fingers crossed. Also, thanks for posting (and it's also good to know I wasn't far off in regards to her time-line age).

Edited by Phillius

Again, I feel like it's worth pointing out the Bar/Bat Mitzvah's, which are coming of age ceremonies, take place at the ages of 13 and 12 respectively. When Leo says that Elise is technically an adult, I'm pretty sure he'd mean she's an adult in terms of being accountable for her own actions and expected levels of maturity as opposed to her actual age.

Finger's crossed. Also, thanks for posting (and it's also good to know I wasn't far off in regards to her time-line age).

Plus, nobles are usually looked up at by citizens of their kingdoms, so usually it's better to act mature than immature (ignoring Joffrey in GoT)

Edit: Regardless of what they do with Elise, I won't be marrying her and I'll probably marry her to someone randomly.

Edited by KazeNinja17

Try being 26 and still getting asked if you want a children's menu, and THEN we'll talk.

Point taken, I'm almost 25 and over Christmas, I was given a kid's menu. lol My mom argued it was because of my Christmas hat, but I look young even without that thing. :P

Anyway, Keaton for Flannel? Zelda fans like me are going to find that really awkward because of the mask and character in OoT and MM... :/

I feel like the possible reason why people don't like Keaton, is because they're so used to Flannel.

This could apply to all name changes. That was the only name this character went by that if you suddenly drop a different name for him, of course you're not going to like it/be used to it because you're already so accustomed to him being called Flannel because that's all he was addressed as. There's comfort in being familiar and used to something.

What if his Japanese name was Keaton and his Localization name was Flannel? I have a feeling people would still react the same.

Edited by carefreejules