Polygon confirms: bathhouses, swim suits are still in.

Supercredit

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe it's supposed to read as "Cotton"..

I would take Keaton sounding more like "Cotton" opposed to Kaden being a play on "cotton" instead of "brocade"

Dunno, but I'm laughing my butt off at Keaton. I guess they're trying to keep the "cotton" joke, tho.

If there are no Michael Keaton jokes around soon I'll be disappointed.

ETA: It also sounds like "kitten"! I'm liking it more

Edited by My Blue Sky

Dunno, but I'm laughing my butt off at Keaton. I guess they're trying to keep the "cotton" joke, tho.

If there are no Michael Keaton jokes around soon I'll be disappointed.

I believe a Batman joke was made in the "Opinions on the Localized Names" topic.

I'm not surprised that the bath area is still in. I actually don't mind this one at all. It maybe fanservice, but it's honestly just as much a realistic thing as it is fanservice. Even in the middle of a war, soldiers will want to relax and wash up between battles, and hundreds of years ago, the way to do that was the bath pools.

Not to mention that lounging around in a sauna with colleagues is pretty damn culturally common in Northern Europe. Nothing weird about it.

ZTDKM2G.png

I thought this was a joke! There's no way the writing can be this awful all the time, right?

"YES, THE ADULT YOU ARE, AS OPPOSED TO A CHILD WHICH YOU LOOK LIKE. BY THE WAY, HOW'S THE KIDS?"

You have no idea how hard and long i laughed at this. It was close to a half hour straight and it was last week. This is obviously supposed to be a bit of a passive aggressive jab at the fact you can S support her. The amount of shade thrown by the localizers here, i cannot help but tip my helm to them. Its probably a better idea to try to view it in that way, instead of assuming this is legit handwaving. Cuz honestly, i dont think it is a legit handwave, as much as a fucking outright jab.

Cue the fan outrage. Flannel is now confirmed to be Keaton.

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/696854989839306753

Cue Zelda jokes in 3....2......1

KEATON MASK

Soooo did they totally ditch the whole "furries are named after fabrics" thing? That's so lame. I really liked that motif, it was cute.

A friend just pointed it out to me, but apparently Keaton is actually a type of fabric, it's used in things like curtains.

As for the name, I prefer Flannel, but I'm OK with it. I think it fits a cute puppy like him.

Edited by Medeus

A friend just pointed it out to me, but apparently Keaton is actually a type of fabric, it's used in things like curtains.

As for the name, I prefer Flannel, but I'm OK with it. I think it fits a cute puppy like him.

Ohhh, nice. You learn something new every day. But, what about Kaden then? It does seem to be something, but it looks more like a name than anything. I can't come up with anything concrete in my searches.

All the lenny faces.

Also, I'm just so nonchalant about Elise apparently being an adult. This is basically a Nowi 2.0 except it's not that level of 'oh my god you're over 100 years old' so it's not that bad imo.

At this point, I am just beyond way too entertained and excited to be fazed by anything hahaha

Edited by carefreejules

Ohhh, nice. You learn something new every day. But, what about Kaden then? It does seem to be something, but it looks more like a name than anything. I can't come up with anything concrete in my searches.

I hate sounding like a broken record, but since Nishiki translates to brocade, it could be a play on brocade.

Wow. That make the name change a little better. I suppose Keaton is an acceptable name then (though I like Flannel more).

i didnt realize thats what that kind of fabric was called. But i definitely know this material style. And it really kinda fits the character's whole aesthetic. notbad.gif

... I don't get it.

How is hide and seek sexual? I am missing something.

To some people, hide and seek could be insinuating something sexual.

I'm not sure what he's talking about either. I can't even make an innuendo out of that. At least not a good or interesting one.

Same as above.