Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

All in your opinion, yo. I don't agree. And those baby Pokemon and evolutions were still new Pokemon.

were smoochum, elekid, and magby really necessary though

honestly?

opinions sure but the babies are never a good idea

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly?

Again, your opinion. I like the baby Pokemon and imo, Jynx, Electabuzz, and Magmar look like middle stage/second stage Pokemon, which they are now. I'm surprised Scyther and Pinsir don't have baby forms.

Edited by Anacybele

honestly?

THEY ARE ADORABLE

-Glac's opinion of Smoochum, Elekid, and Magby

So yeah I'm cool with them, cute things!

Same for the babies introduced in III and IV.

Actually, I'm all for more baby forms! They're cute and huggable!

I agree to an extent with Ms. Bunch because there's a difference between introducing brand new pokemon and new pre or evolution. Brand new pokemon like Klefki, Ralts, Spiritomb, etc., are brought from nowhere while Igglybuff, Azurril, Magmortar and Yanmega have a marked reference. I would disregard the latter as 'new' in a literal term. Yes they're new but they integrate an already existing pokemon or family of pokemon.

I'm hoping they bring around 80 or 100 new pokemon for us to be exclusively used on Sun/Moon, and bring older ones by post game. Obviously this won't happen but eh.

Sinnoh will likely be getting a remake soon, so there shouldn't be too many Sinnoh Pokemon. Kanto and Hoenn have been wrung dry. Johto Pokemon should probably appear in good amounts as well.

I sincerely hope not. I don't think Sinnoh needs a remake. If it does, then I just know I'll probably hear about Unova getting a remake.

I sincerely hope not. I don't think Sinnoh needs a remake. If it does, then I just know I'll probably hear about Unova getting a remake.

Sinnoh is 10 years old and the engine is super sluggish. I'd love to see the game with all the battle engine improvements and also a more dynamic camera to get some sweeping shots of scenic locales like Floaroma Town and Spear Pillar. What makes Sinnoh any less deserving of a remake than the previous 3 gens? I'd also love to see the return of the Poketch as a gameplay feature. It was definitely my favourite bottom screen implementation.

Sinnoh could definitely use a remake. The DP gameplay is sluggish, there's a lack of Fire types and the regional dex is kind of small as is, etc. etc. Platinum did fix these issues, but they're still in the first two games in this trio.

Also, imagine how fun the Underground could be with WiFi and secret bases more like ORAS's.

Edited by Anacybele

I think a Sinnoh remake should be left for Gen VIII on whatever platform is after 3DS. 3DS is getting close to the end of a console's expected life, and I honestly don't expect it to stick around much longer as a result, especially if the NX being a hybrid thing winds up being true.

Then again B2W2 were released a while after the 3DS.

Sinnoh is 10 years old and the engine is super sluggish. I'd love to see the game with all the battle engine improvements and also a more dynamic camera to get some sweeping shots of scenic locales like Floaroma Town and Spear Pillar. What makes Sinnoh any less deserving of a remake than the previous 3 gens? I'd also love to see the return of the Poketch as a gameplay feature. It was definitely my favourite bottom screen implementation.

I can see the argument for it. But I'd rather have focus on new and better games than simply remaking another. I feel like Kalos got kind of gipped with ORAS, which, I still like those games, but even so.

And, this is kind of childish, but as I said before, I feel like, if Sinnoh got a remake, then there might be an outcry for a Unova remake, too.

I can see the argument for it. But I'd rather have focus on new and better games than simply remaking another. I feel like Kalos got kind of gipped with ORAS, which, I still like those games, but even so.

And, this is kind of childish, but as I said before, I feel like, if Sinnoh got a remake, then there might be an outcry for a Unova remake, too.

Gamefreak puts two seperate teams on their main games and their remakes apparently. BW and HGSS were in development concurrently, hence some missing features that were in HGSS that were absent in BW. I mean you could make the argument that they should pool everyone onto one team but I speak from experience when I say sometimes you really can't just pile manpower onto one project for exponential gains. It tends to taper off once people start treading on each other's work.

Also when Unova turns 10+ it probably deserves a remake too. Maybe one that fleshes out East Unova more. Though Gen 5 is somewhat complicated by the fact that BW2 are not enhanced versions but different games set in most of the same region.

Another thing is that, around the time that we might get a Gen 5 remake, I can imagine people clamoring for a Gen 5.2 remake as well, if not even a Kalos remake. I just don't see a need for every main series game to get a remake, and even if I did, I'd rather see a remake that say, brought Gen I up to speed again.

Fire Red/Leaf Green was one of the more disappointing remakes to me, but I could see a lot of stuff changing to make it a pretty good remake. I dunno, I just...maybe I'm tired of seeing remakes?

Yeah, except if we got a gen 1 remake now, Dai, everybody would complain about too much gen 1 pandering. Which I actually would kind of agree with after Kalos's gen 1 pandering. Wait a little longer for gen 1 to be remade again, plz.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, except if we got a gen 1 remake now, Dai, everybody would complain about too much gen 1 pandering. Which I actually would kind of agree with after Kalos's gen 1 pandering. Wait a little longer for gen 1 to be remade again, plz.

That, and the fact the originals just got eshopped. It would seem a tad silly to reremake Gen I right after that.

If Unova gets remade, then I'd be annoyed if it didn't include the things that made B2W2 the best games in the series imo. PWT, PokéStar Studios, Medals, all the things you could do. I love BW, but the sequels top them in almost every regard (almost because BW2's plot was pretty inferior.)

And for Sinnoh... all I really ask is for awesome remixes and actually including the Frontier, unlike ORAS.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I thought I was the only person that liked B2W2's medals! Glad I'm not alone there. I hate that GameFreak makes so many cool features only to use them in just one game and never bring them back.

I thought I was the only person that liked B2W2's medals! Glad I'm not alone there. I hate that GameFreak makes so many cool features only to use them in just one game and never bring them back.

Yeah. The the big ones for me are more PWT and Pokéstar studios, I really liked them. The former made the opponents less out of place, and the latter was very different from normal battling, it was very puzzle-ish in how you had to fight, I liked that. Also, the fans were really amusing with their overreactions. "OH MY GOD, HE/SHE LIKES BEING TRAINED BY A LEDIAN!"

The big ones for me were Sinnoh's Underground and the secret bases. I never figured out how to get the latter in the original RSE, but I enjoyed them in Sinnoh and ORAS. I liked the Underground for being a really fun way to get as many evolution stones, fossils, and other goodies as you want. You could even get more Max Revives, those weren't limited anymore! Digging was fun, it was like a timed minigame where you had to be careful with your strikes to the wall so you get the stuff you want before it tumbles down. And when you get Spheres and grow them, you can trade them for more Secret Base goodies.

It also had the capture the flag game that Hoenn had, but of course, I never got to play with it because no online down there. It was local play only and I had nobody to play with. Imagine if there WAS online down there like in ORAS!

I also liked B2W2's medals because they made me feel more accomplished when I completed a tough task that awards you one. And I like collecting little things like these. lol

I used to always get both versions of a set of Pokemon games, but I started realizing that I rarely actually play one nearly as much as I do the other. So I've started settling for just one version at a time, and if I feel like it, I buy the other later.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't really care about B2W2 or its features at all because they ruined the appeal of Unova: the Pokemon.

Unova has my absolute favorite Pokemon, yet ones like Stunfisk and Seismitoad get utterly shafted. There's no Unova Pokemon at all early game. Just the early Pokemon from BW sans the monkeys or Throh/Sawk/Petilil/Cottonee/etc. Instead, we get Growlithe, Riolu, Azurill, and Psyduck who all have had their time in the sun. Sunkern was nice though I guess.

The new features I never used at all. I never actually play the post game because I like the story so much more. I didn't dabble in the PWT or the White Tree whatever.

Instead, we get Growlithe, Riolu, Azurill, and Psyduck who all have had their time in the sun.

I'd take them over all the early game Pokemon in Black/White, especially Psyduck and Growlithe. Unova has some of the worst designs (in my opinion) and a lot of my least favorite Pokemon. Psyduck is one of my absolute favorite Pokemon! I personally like it when they mix newer and older Pokemon, it's like you get to discover new ones but still get some old favorites.

Random observation, but man has the Team Sun climbed up there. It used to be that more people were "undecided" than going with Sun; now it's four votes off of Moon.

Edited by The DanMan

Random observation, but man has the Team Sun climbed up there. It used to be that more people were "undecided" than going with Sun; now it's four votes off of Moon.

I'm waiting to see what the exclusive Pokemon are in each game, that's usually how I decide.