Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

That seems like an awfully short span for early game. If we were talking about XY, that would make more sense, but for DPPT 2 badges is still early game

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine that Ice types are usually not available until later because they're typically found in tricky-to-navigate icy caves and areas. It wouldn't make sense to see these in the early game. :P

When was a Dragon type ever available in the early game? If you're talking about Gible in Wayward Cave in Platinum, that's not THAT early. You still have to get two badges before you get there... I consider early game to be 0-1 badge.

Like Kon said, even after the second gym, having the Gen's pseudo-legendary family be avaible is still incredibly early.

And in X&Y, you can get Axew and Bagon incredibly early.

And they could always put a snowy area during early game.

Edited by Water Mage

Like Kon said, even after the second gym, having the Gen's pseudo-legendary family be avaible is still incredibly early.

And in X&Y, you can get Axew and Bagon incredibly early.

And they could always put a snowy area during early game.

They could, but since the region's based off Hawaii, I kinda find it odd if they had a snowy area early game unless it was similar to the Cold Storage from B/W.

They could, but since the region's based off Hawaii, I kinda find it odd if they had a snowy area early game unless it was similar to the Cold Storage from B/W.

As I said earlier in the thread, Game Freak had no problems putting a desert housing an ancient castle just north of New York.

There's nothing stopping them from putting a snowy tundra in Hawaii.

And Hawaii does have snowy volcanos. Actually, it would be the perfect place for an Ice/Fire type legendary!

But then again, from what they already showed, Sun and Moon's early game won't have a snowy area.

Edited by Water Mage

As I said earlier in the thread, Game Freak had no problems putting a desert housing an ancient castle just north of New York.

There's nothing stopping them from putting a snowy tundra in Hawaii.

And Hawaii does have snowy volcanos. Actually, it would be the perfect place for an Ice/Fire type legendary!

But then again, from what they already showed, Sun and Moon's early game won't have a snowy area.

I just hope we have more non-event legendaries, period. The only new ones that X and Y had were the cover legendaries and Zygarde.

I just hope we have more non-event legendaries, period. The only new ones that X and Y had were the cover legendaries and Zygarde.

I hoping for that as well!

I didn't realize how interesting were the legendary trios until the lack of them in Gen VI.

As I said before I'm hoping for a Volcano trio, similar to Sinnoh's lake trio!

I agree as well. There was no trio on Gen VI besides the legendaries. It was disappointing. I don't want the excess of legendaries that Gen IV had, though.

After ORAS I said that I was gonna skip the next games, and yet look where I am.

I guess that the ride never ends.

Still, waiting a bit before buying one of the games is not a bad idea.

Anyway, who else still can't decide between a starter AND the version?

At first I was thinking about getting Sun, but the Moon legendary looks very interesting.

Edited by Animagic

www.siliconera.com/2016/05/22/pokmon-sun-moon-will-getting-collectors-edition-strategy-guide/

For all two of you who may be interested. A strategy guide was announced, with a collectors' edition available.

www.siliconera.com/2016/05/22/pokmon-sun-moon-will-getting-collectors-edition-strategy-guide/

For all two of you who may be interested. A strategy guide was announced, with a collectors' edition available.

I haven't gotten any Pokémon guides since BW2, but collector's editions...

I'm probably going to get it.

Agreed, though I also hope we won't get too many new legendaries. Gens IV and V were just ridiculous with 13 each (plus whatever old ones were also available). It made them feel less special than the the ones in previous Gens, at least to me.

Ideal for me would probably be somewhere between Gens II (6) and III (10). Gen III was my favorite since it had a nice mix of ways to get those legendaries with roaming Latias/Latios (even if I dislike roaming legendaries because they're a hassle) and Regis for more of a puzzle aspect (I wish something similar would be done again). 2 event-only legendaries felt reasonable as well.

The last time I had a guide was... an old magazine for Crystal.

For the legendaries, I hope they're impactfull. Xand Y was particularily terrible at this. Zygarde being on a random cave (and not even the final dungeon, like with Mewtwo...), and for teh hll of me, I absolutely have no idea what Xerneas/Yveltal role ever was in the story.

Kyogre and Groudon had a direct imapct on climate and topography, and Rayquazza was, by definition, incredibly powerfull to be able to keep them in check.

​Or Suicune playing with you in Crystal and the Remake. With Eusine pursuing him. He was freaking cool.

Or even, just the legends about the legendary beast in the 2nd gen or the note in the Cinnabar Mansion about Mewtwo.

A legendary shouldn't be just there (I know it's the case for the legendary birds, but that's my point. Nowadays, legendary can't jjust stand in the middle of nowhere without any mention anywhere. That's just lame (and gives me even less reasons to ever use them.).

For the legendaries, I hope they're impactfull. Xand Y was particularily terrible at this. Zygarde being on a random cave (and not even the final dungeon, like with Mewtwo...), and for teh hll of me, I absolutely have no idea what Xerneas/Yveltal role ever was in the story.

They were the power source of the ultimate weapon, Team Flare was basically trying to use them for their genocidal plans.

Which makes far more sense in Y, but eh.

Zygarde though was just what. It's not even doing much, just chilling in the cave waiting for you to catch it... And it's typing makes it even weirder since it's supposed to check the Dark/Flying Yveltal and Fairy Xerneas... as a Ground/Dragon type... whose stabs are ineffective against one or the other...

Well, it's better than Heatran, who literally just chills in a Volcano for no real reason.

They were the power source of the ultimate weapon, Team Flare was basically trying to use them for their genocidal plans.

Which makes far more sense in Y, but eh.

Zygarde though was just what. It's not even doing much, just chilling in the cave waiting for you to catch it... And it's typing makes it even weirder since it's supposed to check the Dark/Flying Yveltal and Fairy Xerneas... as a Ground/Dragon type... whose stabs are ineffective against one or the other...

Well, it's better than Heatran, who literally just chills in a Volcano for no real reason.

Oh. That's still quite uncool.

Heatran's even weirder since he doesn't have a definitive gender, which implies there's more than one.

Heatran's in Stark Mountain because it was created with the fusions of fire and steel with the creation of the sinnoh region. Hence why there's more than "one" Heatran.

I love collecting strategy guides and have gotten every main game Pokemon guide since DP, so of course I'm going to have my eye on this. ^^

You know...if there's one thing I kind of want, it's some sort of special surfing Pikachu in these games. That'd be kind of neat, really.

You know...if there's one thing I kind of want, it's some sort of special surfing Pikachu in these games. That'd be kind of neat, really.

Oh man, I'm surprised its actually been awhile since the last one (Battle Revolution), so maybe we are due for another.

I'm suprised that the one from Virtual Console's Yellow couldn't learn Surf.

I mean, they made the Surf mini-game playable, why not let it learn Surf?

Because that would require logic

In a game where Doduo can learn Fly.

(I would't question it really, Pokémon's had stranger choices of moves.)

Because that would require logicIn a game where Doduo can learn Fly.(I would't question it really, Pokémon's had stranger choices of moves.)

As Awkward Zombie showed us 5 years ago,

48e.png

Anyway, to be fair, Fly in japanese is called Sky Jump, and Doduo and Dodrio do seem to have powerful legs, considering how they run.

Then again, how can jump take to another town is strange as well.

Edited by Water Mage