Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Something interesting that Jwittz's video pointed out:

The main trainer art shows them with bracelets; the male has one with an orange diamond, and the female with a blue one (albeit, harder to see).

Here's the art:

hero-and-heroine.png

Now, here's the Japanese logos for the games:

tumblr_o35yzj2k5y1r8sc3ro1_500.jpg?w=663

Huh... orange and blue diamonds.

For reference, the X and Y Japanese logos showed the mega evolution symbols and the Japanese ORAS logos showed the blue and red orbs used for primal de-evolution.

What does this mean?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best guess is that it'll be for whatever Ash Greninja's transformation is supposed to be. Maybe it's called Bond Evolution, since it seems to work off of the bond between Ash and Greninja. Ash says that he feels whatever pain Greninja does in battle. And he even faints during the battle because it does a number on him.

Though, one thing does make this theory complicated. Having alternate models of all "Bond Evolution" capable Pokemon to resemble the trainer seems like a lot of work, especially if trainer customization is back. On top of that, Ash doesn't have either one of those bracelets. But maybe the bracelet isn't actually required to trigger the transformation, but help to control it? Ash Greninja does seem like it can't fully control this power.

Edited by Anacybele

I found this very interesting picture:

4e4.jpg

So, what do you all think?

What about you, eclipse?

Is these accurate guesses?

Seems mostly spot-on. I'm pretty sure that land mass next to the Big Island is supposed to be Maui, but it looks. . .odd. That part labeled Iao Valley looks like it's smooshed together with Lahaina (former whaling town).

Then again, it looks like the commute between West Oahu and Honolulu was reduced to 20 steps, so what do I know? :P:

Hey, GameXplain did a video analysis of the map!

It's right here.

Ooh, thanks, now I'M going to comment on the video!

- Assuming that giant city is Honolulu, the trainer school is right about where the University of Hawaii at Manoa would be (UH would technically be more inland, but we're talking about a game where the starting village looks like like Waimanalo but is about where Mililani is, so yeah).

- My knowledge of Maui is near-nonexistent, so I did some Internet sleuthing. The city with the Japanese-looking buildings and the lighthouse is probably Lahaina (there's a fairly strong East Asian presence, and Lahaina has a lighthouse).

- There's a botanical garden in Hilo with a very peculiar bell tower. Perhaps that huge tower on the third island is a tribute to that?

- That's the worst I've heard "Mauna Kea" pronounced. Ever.

- Perhaps this is the white building on the southern part of the third island

Interesting video, though. Glad they had high-quality images, so I could actually see what was going on.

I also had a feeling that the white thing in the middle of the water was the Pokemon League. Nothing else on the map looks like it could be such a thing. So my only thought was "...what a random place to put the league. Kind of boring."

Still, that analysis was pretty interesting!

I wonder if the island that it's seems to be based on the Hawaii island is going to be called Aloha?

Maybe that's what that Pokedex image meant, the MeleMele Pokedex is about where we start, and the Aloha Pokedex is about Pokemon found on that large island.

Oh, you mean the exact same type

Well, Pure Psychic doesn't really counts I guess (Deoxys/Mewtwo/Mew). And Pure Normal counts even less (since it's Meloetta (2nd form have different type), Regigigas and Arceus (no need to develop.))

Thundurus share his types with Zapdos. (But they were minor legendaries...)

hat's the only examples we had so far.

Actually, now that I think of it, Lugia was a precedent to Solgaleo (Psychic instead of Water), so this isn't so surprising.

Yeah, exact typing and specificallycover legendaries. Yes Suicune and Ho Oh share their typing with another legendary (Kyogre, Manaphy, Phione and Moltres), but Lugia is unique in his typing as a cover legendary. Other than that, every other cover pair/trio has been unique in their typing compared to other legendaries,

According to the logo stuff showing mega, primal, and now diamond things. BURST EVOLUTION CONFIRMED

I played through Y not too long ago and I found this guy that was wondering if people would want to become a pokemon.

Edited by VeryAngryBisharp

I'm actually super hype for the Moon Legendary

Weakness be damned, its signature move have potential to be the first powerful Ghost typed move. Ghost are notorious for how hilariously bad their movepool are overall so seeing at a potential 100-120 BP Ghost type move is pretty cool

Kinda awkward going for broken abilities like Fairy/Dark Aura last gen into Clear Body this gen though

Edited by JSND

According to the logo stuff showing mega, primal, and now diamond things. BURST EVOLUTION CONFIRMED

I played through Y not too long ago and I found this guy that was wondering if people would want to become a pokemon.

No. Just no. So many nos.

My best guess is that it'll be for whatever Ash Greninja's transformation is supposed to be. Maybe it's called Bond Evolution, since it seems to work off of the bond between Ash and Greninja. Ash says that he feels whatever pain Greninja does in battle. And he even faints during the battle because it does a number on him.

Though, one thing does make this theory complicated. Having alternate models of all "Bond Evolution" capable Pokemon to resemble the trainer seems like a lot of work, especially if trainer customization is back. On top of that, Ash doesn't have either one of those bracelets. But maybe the bracelet isn't actually required to trigger the transformation, but help to control it? Ash Greninja does seem like it can't fully control this power.

Well, it's "Synchro evolution" last time I checked, but your thoughts match a whole lot of peoples.

[/ba dum tss]

I actually didn't realize my accidental pun until you pointed it out! Hahaha.

I'm still loving my Lion legendary its cool that he's part my favorite type (Steel) but... Psychic? It just seems kinda odd to me, that a Sun like pokemon would lack the FIRE element. I mean at least Groundon was like a massively Earth based pokemon to explain why he's ground. (He also happens to be my favorite Legendary).

Edited by Jedi

Very true, also speaking of which, I'm curious to see if Solrock and Lunatone have anything to do with these games.

Half the internet (me included) will be shocked if we don't get megas for them.

Edited by The DanMan

Espeon is the Sun Pokeom and it's Psychic as well.

Lucario, Heliolisk, Sunflora and Happini also has a connection to the Sun, but are not a Fire types.

I think the whole Sun=Fire Type thing isn't really important.

Very true, also speaking of which, I'm curious to see if Solrock and Lunatone have anything to do with these games.

At the very least, I'm pretty sure they will be version exclusives.

I wonder about Espeon and Umbreon...

Pokemon like Clefairy, Sunkern and others may be version exclusives as well.

Edited by Water Mage

Seems mostly spot-on. I'm pretty sure that land mass next to the Big Island is supposed to be Maui, but it looks. . .odd. That part labeled Iao Valley looks like it's smooshed together with Lahaina (former whaling town).

Then again, it looks like the commute between West Oahu and Honolulu was reduced to 20 steps, so what do I know? :P:

Thank you for your analysis, Eclipse. I guess if you, as a local, are happy with the general interpretations, then that would sway me into buying the game and enjoy an actual Poke-Hawaii.

Well, it's "Synchro evolution" last time I checked, but your thoughts match a whole lot of peoples.

Ugh, I really don't want it to be called that. We'll end up getting so many jokes relating to this and Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's (because it introduced Synchro Summoning in the card game) and I hate the jokes people make about the latter (they were lame to begin with and got old real fast).

No. Just no. So many nos.

Never forget Ashachu.

0l4hkWx.png

Synchro Evolution ? What the ?... No seriously, the heck is that ?

Hikari Sasu Michi Tonare

SYNCHRO SHOUKAN

ARAWAREO STARDUSTO MEGA BOHMANDER!

Oh gosh, I fully got this reference. I'm not sure if that makes me an awesome weeaboo or not.

... Still loved 5D's though.

What about it?

It's an absurdly popular worldwide series, fanart coming fast is inevitable.

I mean, it's like Sycamore, expect maybe worse, the "daddy kukui" is everywhere.