Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Welp, apparently the entire dex may have leaked on 4chan; stuff seems to mesh with the other leaks, but it could just be an elaborate hoax.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/entire-pokemon-sun-moon-pokedex-leaked-3442275

103 new mons aint bad at all. The "various" typing listings mesh with the rumor that certain evolutions will vary.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: spoilering for reasons.

OMG PANQUAKE.

I hate leaks, but this is making me laugh. Is this a pancake Pokemon?! lol

Edited by Anacybele

EDIT: spoilering for reasons.

OMG PANQUAKE.

I hate leaks, but this is making me laugh. Is this a pancake Pokemon?! lol

Either way, this leak will be proved/disproved on August 12th.

And I'll be in a cabin in the Poccano Mountains without internet access. Damn it.

Edited by The DanMan

Don't really buy it.

I do like the name Adorasite, though.

Either way, this leak will be proved/disproved on July 12th.

And I'll be in a cabin in the Poccano Mountains without internet access. Damn it.

But that's next year!

I think you mean August.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Well, I guess this is it for me

So long, cruel world.

(I'll change my name when I get up in the morning so this will make at least some sense to anyone who reads this)

Well, I guess this is it for me

So long, cruel world.

(I'll change my name when I get up in the morning so this will make at least some sense to anyone who reads this)

[spoiler=spoiler] But, but, Fire/Ghost wrestling cats...how can you hate Fire/Ghost wrestling cats? I mean, how often do you hear of Fire/Ghost wrestling cats? I'm just going to keep saying Fire/Ghost wrestling cats. Fire/Ghost wrestling cats.

I may have trailed off there...

All I saw from that leak was "previous leak was confirmed"

I don't know what this is about Fire/Ghost and I don't really care

[spoiler=Typing Explanation For Those Interested] It would appear that Alolan starter have a variable typing in their final evolution. One of Beltigre's is ghost.

Did I say something to offend you in my post? I was just trying to make a joke, I'm sorry if I did.

Well, I won't just trust this leak blindly, but an Ice/Bug and Dark/Electric? I've been wanting that for a long time, so hurray!

But Water Arcanine feels a bit off, Poison/Fighting Nidoking/Nidoqueen is strange as well since they're already really good Pokémon and already have a unique typing, and a Fighting Alakazam makes it feel like they just want to mess around; it already got a mega evolution in X and Y. I also think some generation II Pokémon are in desperate need of some buffs.

Also, if the rumor about there being different evolutions for the starter Pokémon and a few others, I'll be so happy.

I'm sure how I feel about that latest leak. I'll take it with a grain of salt until it is confirmed.

I agree with Thane. Gen. 2 needs some major buffs. Out of all of the Gen., I personally found it and Gen. 5 the weakest in terms of 'mons. I'm sorry for those that feel different but all of the starters of those generations are trash. They should have been given Mega forms or something. Serperior is decent, thanks to Contrary, but it still needs a bit of help.

As for the starters, I'm still #TeamRowlet. The fact that the grass starter is getting love is new for me; I'm used to everyone scorning them in favor for the fire types. I'm used to being one of the lone rangers choosing Bulbasaur/Treeko/Turtwig/Chespin without a thought. I don't know how to feel about sharing the grass starter with others.

I also think some generation II Pokémon are in desperate need of some buffs.

Like Tyranitar, right? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I know what you mean. plz buff Feraligatr.

As for the starters, I'm still #TeamRowlet. The fact that the grass starter is getting love is new for me; I'm used to everyone scorning them in favor for the fire types. I'm used to being one of the lone rangers choosing Bulbasaur/Treeko/Turtwig/Chespin without a thought. I don't know how to feel about sharing the grass starter with others.

I've picked the Grass starter first since first grade, so don't worry about that.

Also, if the leak is true that there are multiple evolutions for the starters and a few others, and Rowlet gets an Electric typing, I'll probably squee.

Xatu man, Xatu.

Feraligatr's problem is that it's not actually a bad Pokemon. But rather, Feraligatr's problem is that it lives on Gyarados's shadow.

When people need a physical Water, there's little reason to choose Feraligatr over Gyarados.

Speaking of which, another physical Water type that completely outclasses Feraligatr is Azumarill.

Azuramarill is a little bit different, but still a top choice for physical Water types.

What Feraligtr needs is not really a buff, but rather something that makes it standout.

Xatu man, Xatu.

I think you mean Quagsire.

Or Corsola.

Or Octillery.

Or Mantine.

Or Kingdra.

Or Miltank...

Yeah I think we can all agree on Generation 2 needing buffs one way or another.

(For the record, I do agree on Xatu, I just felt the need to make a bad joke)

Don't really buy it.

I do like the name Adorasite, though.

But that's next year!

I think you mean August.

D'oh. Fixed.

All the names sound very real, and I'd be very open to these typings. I'm leaning about 80-20 in it's favor- not going to say it's straight up confirmed, but not going to go full-on Verlisify and mock it while saying it's not true (of course, he probably did that just for clicks).

More general impressions now that I've slept on it:

Beltigre. Freaking Beltigre. That name.

Maybe Pawssum is the native pest Yungoos was brought in to cut it's population down?

Komala becoming Normal/Psychic makes sense.

I'm thinking the Bruxby and Pesp line are version exclusives- no reason they would have two of the exact same type combo side-by-side like that.

Panquake kinda makes sense, as the further you go into the earth the more pressure is exerted on you- put enough pressure on something and it will eventually pancake out.

Maybe to reflect it's change in nature, Champod's ability will allow you to switch in to it if the Pokemon on the field goes below half health?

Salandit having a pre-evolution kinda makes sense- frogs aren't the only things to start out as tadpoles or something similar.

The Cosmot line sounds awesome- a (presumably special focused) electric/dark type?

...I'm thinking "Malshadow has a very unique typing" was a joke of some sort.

Also, I've seen this floating around for starter secondary typings:

Robinroot: Grass/Flying, Grass, Grass/Ground, Grass/Electric

Beltigre: Fire/Dark, Fire, Fire/Ghost, Fire/Poison

Sirene: Water/Fairy, Water, Water/Fighting, Water/Psychic

Edited by The DanMan

I'm sure how I feel about that latest leak. I'll take it with a grain of salt until it is confirmed.

I agree with Thane. Gen. 2 needs some major buffs. Out of all of the Gen., I personally found it and Gen. 5 the weakest in terms of 'mons. I'm sorry for those that feel different but all of the starters of those generations are trash. They should have been given Mega forms or something. Serperior is decent, thanks to Contrary, but it still needs a bit of help.

The Dark neutral against Steel changes in Gen 6 is actually a ridiculously huge change to Serperior. It have always been only checked by whatever you choose, and its mostly just Heatran since you usually pick Pulse or HP Fire, who can be weared down easilly now with Pursuit. Theres a popular strategy where you combo Serperior with CB Ttar and use Sub to bait a Heatran into a Pursuit play

But yeah Gen 2 and 5 requires tons of buff. The change with Feraligatr where it got Sheer Force is particularly hilarious since it essentially only turns Feraligatr into somewhere around 140 Base ATK, in place of deleting all of its move's side effect which can snag wins out of nowhere sometimes such as Waterfall Flinches

The fact that Gyarados haven't been good in gen 6 says something about Fera's chance to make it to the higher ups seriously

Speaking of Water type on gen 2, Qwilfish gets my vote for having the biggest potential out of any gen 2 water types, it had the amazing Water/Poison type combination, Intimidate, and Spikes. If it had some good stats and maybe Gunk Shot, Qwilfish could have been super top tier

As for gen 5,its kinda weird. On one side you had that Normal Type scrubs, and the bird that i don't even remember the name. On the other side you had broken shit like Amoongus

Edited by JSND

Robinroot sounds ok to me! But seeing Grass/Various makes me wonder whether it'll be flying or what.

Lumbird being grass surprises me, I though the Pikipek line would keep normal, and actually it might be troublesome with Rowlet cuz type overlap.

Bounsweet seems to have 2 evolution options since there's Bountisteen and Bounsour. Because I don't see it logical for a pokemon to come from Grass/Psychic to Posion. Perhaps new evolution methods?

Dormala being Normal/Psychic seems ok to me.

Peskool is also Water/Psychic so they'll probably be Bruxish counterpart or version exclusive.

The Lumage line has drawed my interest.

For some reason I think Dustrance is Dunsparce's evolution lol.

Tapu guardians have the same typing as Oricorio YES

Malshadow looks like a cool name!

Oh yeah, I just realized, I was literally ONE letter shy of predicting the name of Rowlet's final evolution. My guess was Robinhoot! And we got Robinroot for right now. Just wow. lol