Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Robinroot sounds ok to me! But seeing Grass/Various makes me wonder whether it'll be flying or what.

Lumbird being grass surprises me, I though the Pikipek line would keep normal, and actually it might be troublesome with Rowlet cuz type overlap.

Bounsweet seems to have 2 evolution options since there's Bountisteen and Bounsour. Because I don't see it logical for a pokemon to come from Grass/Psychic to Posion. Perhaps new evolution methods?

Dormala being Normal/Psychic seems ok to me.

Peskool is also Water/Psychic so they'll probably be Bruxish counterpart or version exclusive.

The Lumage line has drawed my interest.

For some reason I think Dustrance is Dunsparce's evolution lol.

Tapu guardians have the same typing as Oricorio YES

Malshadow looks like a cool name!

Bounsour is probably an alternate evolution.

Also, Lumage interests me as well- considering I'm picturing "Light Mage" from the names.

Anyways, found out that the cabin I'll be in most of next week actually DOES have internet- so no OP edits (have to use my 3DS), but impressions/thread title change will happen.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Lumage interests me as well- considering I'm picturing "Light Mage" from the names.

Anyways, found out that the cabin I'll be in most of next week actually DOES have internet- so no OP edits (have to use my 3DS), but impressions/thread title change will happen.

actually Lumage sounds to me like Lumen Sage from Bayonetta :3

Lumage's evolutions are called Laspell and Libraid.

Maybe the Pokemon will carry books, similar to how Kadabra and Alakazam carry spoons?

Or maybe the it's a book-shaped Pokemon?

Lumage's evolutions are called Laspell and Libraid.

Maybe the Pokemon will carry books, similar to how Kadabra and Alakazam carry spoons?

Or maybe the it's a book-shaped Pokemon?

My guess is that it'll be a feminine psychic type with a spellbook. Similar to Gardevoir, and Gothitelle.

On a different note, I wonder how different the various starter types will look. My guess is that it'll be different colorations, and a few minor details changed. So, for example, Fire/Ghost Wrestling Cat would probably be a heel wrestler like normal Beltigre, but with lavender instead of black. Along with a change of markings that makes it look like he's wearing a mask, so he plays up a more mysterious persona.

There was actually a Pokedex leak around Black and White's prerelease... though that turned out to be fake. Consequently I shall remain skeptical on this 'leak' too.

I especially don't know how the 'starters with varying types' thing is supposed to work. What exactly does a Robin Hood-based archer owl have to do with electricity, or a wrestler cat with ghosts?

Not sure I buy that Alola form leak since it was somewhat implied we'd be getting Alolan Marowak and that's not in there.

Speaking of which, since people seem to think that this implied Alolan Marowak will be a Fire-type, maybe it will be based on a fire dancer?

There was actually a Pokedex leak around Black and White's prerelease... though that turned out to be fake. Consequently I shall remain skeptical on this 'leak' too.

Either way, 84 hours from now we'll see what happens. I'm honestly more hyped for the leak's confirmation/deconfirmation than what might be revealed.

I especially don't know how the 'starters with varying types' thing is supposed to work. What exactly does a Robin Hood-based archer owl have to do with electricity, or a wrestler cat with ghosts?

Speaking of which, since people seem to think that this implied Alolan Marowak will be a Fire-type, maybe it will be based on a fire dancer?

Maybe a different design per typing?

Would certainly make the people who dislike the leaked designs happier

I'm thinking something like Gardevoir and Gallade. They will look alike but be optimized for those types, maybe.

Team Skull better be Pirates. Not Team Aqua Pirate motif, but actually Pirates. Plunder Pokemon! Steal! Kill people!

Ok, maybe not that last one... we're not ready for a M rated Pokemon game yet I guess.

New Marowak looks cool, and I was very hopeful for the new Meowth until I saw it just became plain Dark ;/ I doubt that has any staying power.

So that fish is made up of a lot small fish?

That's pretty hardcore. I mean, I know we've got Magneton, but that thing's made up of bloody magnets.

Gotta love that sandcastle and new Marowak.

I can't decide if Yowashi is cute or a bit creepy (that eye!). Bit of both I guess.

Meowth and Marowak both look cool, Alola Meowth's face is pretty funny (and an upgrade from the original if you ask me).

The sandcastle... Really isn't to my liking. I guess it falls in same category as Vanilluxe line where it just looks too inanimate for me to like it. It's not terribly bad either though.

So that fish is made up of a lot small fish?

That's pretty hardcore. I mean, I know we've got Magneton, but that thing's made up of bloody magnets.

According to serebii, it's apparently an alternate form called School Form rather than an evolution, so it's a bit different.

My question, however, is "how is a single fish you've caught going to change into this School Form"...

Unless that form is tied to working only in areas with water, it's going to be a bit immersion breaking for me.

Those are pretty cool.

And I'm betting that the sand castle Pokemon is going to have a creepy Pokedex entry because in one of the pictures:

aad.jpg

As you can see, in one of the pictures, you can see the sand castle Pokemon transformed into a quicksand pit and dragging Pikachu in it. I bet that has a really creepy explanation.

Edited by Water Mage

As you can see, in one of the pictures, you can see the sand castle Pokemon transformed into a quicksand pit and dragging Pikachu in it. I bet that has a really creepy explanation.

Its types are ghost and ground. It's not just a sand castle but a haunted sand castle.

Its types are ghost and ground. It's not just a sand castle but a haunted sand castle.

Yup, I know.

That's why I'm almost sure it's Pokedex entry is going to be creepy.

Again, just look at the picture with Pikachu.

It's actually a bit disturbing.

I also get the feeling that it's going to have high Sp. Atk and physical Def.

Edited by Water Mage