Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

...Cynthia AND Wally in a PWT expy? Hype!

Also this is the first time Red has ever looked older than he did in FRLG, he didn't age much between FRGLG and HGSS or between HGSS and BW2.

And gotta say Decidueye has completely won me over now. Rowlet was where I was leaning since Mallow's reveal heavily confirming that Incineroar was unfortunately real, but the Grass/Ghost type is cool even though two Gen VI lines had it.

Also Japanese:

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About that.

Listen closely about 26 seconds in.

Wait I'm stupid. I thought Alolan Raichu was part Fairy, not Psychic.

You do know that Alolan Raichu is Psychic, right?

Not seeing more Ultra Beasts really surprised me, but maybe that's for the better.

Is there another news batch coming before the release? I mean, it's less than a month away, and for you non-Europeans the game's even closer!

Man, living here sucks game-wise sometimes. I hope I don't have problems with depositing money on my E-shop account again like last time so that I can play it on my Japanese 3DS.

TIGER MASK IS REAL BOIS

Ahem, I really like all of the starters final evolutions, but I've made up my mind and will go with Incineroar(who looks fantastic tbh)

The signature moves for them It's a nice touch.

Also, even if I'm aware that Red and Blue being fightable in these new games is just evident fanservice, I can't help but get excited when thinking about it.

I just hope that we can fight Steven as well.

All the past Champions will probably be there if Cynthia is. So I doubt Steven will get excluded.

Another thing, Guardian of Alola is a Fairy type Z-Move. The pose is the same as in the Mimikyu trailer.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

With Red and Blue, this proves time(or years) actually passes in the world of pokemon!

So Ash, what the heck? :Rei:

Eh...either way...

Cvx7nCRWIAE-a0T.jpgCvx7nPIWgAAXUn3.jpg

You're looking good guys! :Joshua:

Time's been passing in game-world since GS, lol.

They just never bothered updating Red's design to make him look older until now. Blue did get an older looking design for the Johto games though.

(and I will take a moment to note that Red appears in Special ORAS and is 19-20-ish there).

Another thing, Guardian of Alola is a Fairy type Z-Move. The pose is the same as in the Mimikyu trailer.

The pose also differs depending on the gender of the protagonist; I suspected as much, as the whole point-knees-inwards thing is very, very common for girls in Japanese entertainment media.

I wasn't expecting Grass/Ghost at all. I don't mind it since I love Trevenant and Gourgeist.

I prefer Incenerator better now because of the pose and animations but it is still a bit meh to me. It can attack the opposing trainer? Huh is this a shadow pokemon? New shadow pokemon game confirmed? Please?

Except if Primarina's exclusive move is supposed to be something like Wake up slap and it can learn Scald or is supposed to annoy the Guts users I don't see the point of it. I like its animations as well same with the other starters.

I am still not sure if I am going to pick the grass or water starter but I think it would be Decidueye.

The other Tapus look better to me now that we have the artwork. The Z move look cool though I think the Negative Man/Yellow Devil should change its color depending of the Tapu. The protags smashing were funny.

Cosmog looks cute. I might use it if it's possible even if it is confirmed that it evolves into the legendary. I am still not sure what to think about Alolan Persian.

At least the game seems to have an interesting post game with that new BF/PWT! Nice to see older Red, older Blue/Green, older Wally and Cynthia! Poor Leaf...

I hoped that Blue/Green or an Alolan version of him would appear since we saw Samson Oak. Now all we need is Prof. Oak.

I hope that means we could fight other champions, gym leaders, rivals and Elite 4 as well though I doubt for the Elite 4.

I kinda wish we could have seen more stuffs about the story.

Just realized something.
Red grew up...Ash didn't.

Well apparently you can only do the trial challenges if you are 11, so maybe he will become older.

Also because of Serena in today's episode, he maybe became more mature in his head so he might become older in S/M! :smug:

The pose also differs depending on the gender of the protagonist; I suspected as much, as the whole point-knees-inwards thing is very, very common for girls in Japanese entertainment media.

In both the Mimikyu trailer and the English trailer from today, it's the girl doing the pose.

Still involves the hand-heart stuff.

Yeah I know, I was mostly just pointing out that the female version was in today's trailers too.

Alright. Why?

From one thing to another, what's the point of pointing out that there's no Elite Four in the Alola region yet? If you wind up there at the end of your journey anyway, then what's the difference?

Huh. We're eleven pages away from surpassing the X and Y thread- the last post made there was May 2016, half a year after the games came out.

Really does seem like there's a lot more hype for Sun and Moon.

Well, I'm still picking them in the same order (Popplio -> Litten -> Rowlet) but I really do like all 3 now.

Grass Ghost is also... interesting. It's weak to Flying, Dark, Fire, Ghost and Ice, while resisting Electric, Grass, Ground and Water. Also Normal and Fighting immunities.

As long as it gets a decent movepool, I could see this thing getting some action. It's signature isn't the best though. Oh no, Scary Face, whatever shall we do...

Incineroar is fine with me now. I like it's animations a lot. It's signature isn't bad either, even if it is just... whatever the move is called... but Dark type.

Shining Aria is fine. Not the best, but good synergy with Scald, even if you normally want to keep the Burn there.

New Tapus are cool, called the typings thanks to the Terrain moves.

Cosmog is adorable.

fighting old trainers again yay

Alright. Why?

From one thing to another, what's the point of pointing out that there's no Elite Four in the Alola region yet? If you wind up there at the end of your journey anyway, then what's the difference?

I was more or less just confused by your post.

As for the second thing... Maybe just to show that it's not in the main story, but it's there for postgame money?

Edit@Em: I thought Decidueye's signature was a damaging Mean Look? Scary Face sharply lowers speed.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

As long as it gets a decent movepool, I could see this thing getting some action. It's signature isn't the best though. Oh no, Scary Face, whatever shall we do...

It's Mean Look you're thinking of-Scary Face lowers speed.

Well, I'm still picking them in the same order (Popplio -> Litten -> Rowlet) but I really do like all 3 now.

Grass Ghost is also... interesting. It's weak to Flying, Dark, Fire, Ghost and Ice, while resisting Electric, Grass, Ground and Water. Also Normal and Fighting immunities.

It's a damaging Mean Look. That's kinda like saying Power-up Punch is just howl when you've got damage attached to the effect.

Edited by The DanMan

I was more or less just confused by your post.

As for the second thing... Maybe just to show that it's not in the main story, but it's there for postgame money?

"The pose differs depending on the gender of the protagonist" is ambiguous somehow?

That does make sense, I really hope that's the case. It'd be nice with a different goal in mind rather than just becoming the very best by defeating the usually forgettable Elite Four.

Incineroar is fine with me now. I like it's animations a lot. It's signature isn't bad either, even if it is just... whatever the move is called... but Dark type.

Chip Away. I suspect that in the next generation, Pokemon like Pangoro and Scrafty will be able to use it.

"The pose differs depending on the gender of the protagonist" is ambiguous somehow?

That does make sense, I really hope that's the case. It'd be nice with a different goal in mind rather than just becoming the very best by defeating the usually forgettable Elite Four.

Basically I was confused about why that was being brought up.

And yeah, I would imagine "under construction please wait" is how they're roadblocking it for postgame.

Pokémon isn't exactly unfamiliar with construction roadblocks, after all.

Should have just brought back "dancing for no reason" guys.

Basically I was confused about why that was being brought up.And yeah, I would imagine "under construction please wait" is how they're roadblocking it for postgame.Pokémon isn't exactly unfamiliar with construction roadblocks, after all.Should have just brought back "dancing for no reason" guys.

Just have 5 slowpokes in the way