Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Read a few posts above, Sangyul, it's based off of an extinct owl. That is to say, a very dead one.

... That's NOT what I meant. Being based on an extinct owl explains why it got the typing. It doesn't explain how it got the typing. Which was what was implied in my second paragraph, if you read it.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... That's NOT what I meant. Being based on an extinct owl explains why it got the typing. It doesn't explain how it got the typing. Which was what was implied in my second paragraph, if you read it.

How does Empoleon gain the steel type? Why are most early game birds normal and flying type instead of just flying type?

It's video game logic.

Edited by The DanMan

Ah.

Still, I personally would have found it sort of weird. I'm of the presumption that most game players haven't actually read the manga, so Red suddenly speaking when, for the past several games he's been in, he's been mute would have been somewhat jarring.

There are multiple manga starring a version of Red and he talks in every one I know of, so.

This is a random tought/question that came up in my mind but, considering that unima/Unova has "two champions", who do you think It will be present for the Battle Tree, Alder or Iris? Or maybe even both?

Both, probably

Same for Hoenn with Steven and Wallace, as was the case in BW2 when those games did a similar thing.

How does Empoleon gain the steel type? Why are most early game birds normal and flying type instead of just flying type?

It's video game logic.

I don't really understand the concept of pairing "normal" type with anything else in general.

But something becoming a ghost type confuses me the most because it's kind of going from being living to not living. So does that imply that they have to die to become ghost? @_@

I did read it, but I didn't know, likely thanks to honestly being really bad at understanding explanations like half the time. So sorry, geez...

Not sure if anyone's said anything about it but...

"Guardian of Alola Z-Move
As guardian deities of Alola, the tapu can use the special Z-Move Guardian of Alola. When using this Z-Move, the tapu close their shells and a huge avatar appears from the ground to attack the opposing Pokémon, dealing damage equal to 75 percent of the target’s remaining HP."

So... would this be the best Z-Move? It does a consistent 75%, and nothing's immune to it since it's Fairy.

The downside is that it can't kill, and it's not very useful on anything below 1/3 health.

Edited by Emerson

I don't really understand the concept of pairing "normal" type with anything else in general.

But something becoming a ghost type confuses me the most because it's kind of going from being living to not living. So does that imply that they have to die to become ghost? @_@

Magic.

Don't think too much about it. It's just an innocent reference to the extinct owl mentioned above and GF probably didn't put too much thought into the mechanics of changing type.

Besides, not all ghosts are "dead" in Pokémon, it's more along the lines of a general "supernatural" type than just traditional ghosts.

Yeah, I wouldn't question the Ghost type thing. I brought up something similar earlier when I was ranting about how Lapras couldn't learn Scald, but 'mons like Aggron can learn Flamethrower, Nidoking can learn Ice Beam and Lapras itself can learn Thunderbolt and all of them are weak against said typings. I mean, Snorunt turns into a part Ghost type when you give a stone.

Just better off just leaving it alone.

Edited by saisymbolic

Barn owls used to be thought of as ghosts in medieval Europe. There's that as well- owls are predators of the night. Dark or Ghost fits.

Is it just me, or does the Battle Tree look like Mt. Battle from Colosseum and XD? If it is, then I'm pretty hyped now- especially since it has throwback characters (I'm assuming that Red and Blue the final bosses of that area too). Though I guess that would mean no Battle Frontier, but to be honest I wasn't expecting that to return.

Each starter evolution stage reveal makes me change what I'm going to choose as my starter- I chose Popplio at first, then Litten (because of Torracat), and now I'm thinking of Rowlet now (because of Decidueye), haha. The typings of all three are pretty cool, though I'm kinda sad that none of the starters end up as a monotype.

Edited by Reloaded

I restarted it and never actually progressed past the language select screen since I lacked confidence in the demo's time progression actually working correctly.

Also I don't care about money.

On to a different topic... do you think the Tapus will be available in the main game, or the aftergame?

Tapu Lele, Bulu and Fini appears at Lv. 60 in the trailer, as did Tapu Koko in it's original trailer. And they appear in their ruins/temple places.

They could be leveled up for the sake of the video, but it's very unlikely.

dont mind me just being salty that i cant use tapu lele in the main game

its not like i WANTED a psychic type or anything

Edited by Emerson

On to a different topic... do you think the Tapus will be available in the main game, or the aftergame?

Tapu Lele, Bulu and Fini appears at Lv. 60 in the trailer, as did Tapu Koko in it's original trailer. And they appear in their ruins/temple places.

If it's anything like ORAS, it'll be around the end of the main game. At this point, I really wouldn't put it past them.

I'm not actually complaining, just...fyi.

alright just wanted to share this now back to hell, i mean finals... for some reason...

Speak of random images dealing with today's trailer...

Sh5J8qL.jpg

And for general memers...

vAQdwxgg.jpg

Also I really tried, but I can't find their sources...

Edited by Emerson