Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Pokeballs there's this interesting piece of fanart:

6d6.jpg

I use it to decide which Pokeball I use for each Pokemon.

The lack of the Cherish Ball makes me a bit sad.

Especially considering that It's my favorite ball: sure, It's not nothing special regarding the aesthetic and It's obtainable only with pokémon event(s), but I love Its effect when the Pokemon is sent in battle too much.

The Primier Ball one reminds me of N's Room.

It literally IS N's Room.

It's got the train set, the basketball court, and the half-pipe, all in the same locations.

Edited by Emerson

That picture is pretty neat. I think my favorite interiors are the Quick Ball, the Luxury Ball and the Net Ball. I also already saw that video; it was what prompted my comment about pokéballs in the first place.

Edited by saisymbolic

Man, reading all these hardcore strategies to catch pokemon make me look like a total BIDOOF in front of you. I only damage them up to the red gauge and spam balls on them, only in late or post game I use False Swipe Hawlucha to catch them.

I often use Great Balls on early-mid game pokemon and Ultra Balls on late game mons just to see the blue and yellow flash when they appear on battle.

Just watched the video, and I'm a bit sad I wasn't the only one to come up with the Dawn Ball idea. However, the design I pictured was very different, so I think I'll still draw it!

But the top five kinds of Pokeballs I would like to see are:

1. Dawn Ball (of course, me being a big day-time player and lover of the Fire type, which would use the Sunny Day move or Drought ability to bring more sun!)

2. Flame Ball (this one should be obvious. lol)

3. Legend Ball (increased catch rate vs none other than legendary and mythical Pokemon! However, this ball would be rare/pretty expensive and post-game only)

4. Flower Ball (increased catch rate vs Grass types)

5. Pixie Ball (increased catch rate vs Fairy types)

Edited by Anacybele

4. Flower Ball (increased catch rate vs Grass types)

5. Pixie Ball (increased catch rate vs Fairy types)

I don't see why these couldn't be combined ala the Net Ball. I feel they work well together.

Edited by Emerson

I don't see why these couldn't be combined ala the Net Ball. I feel they work well together.

On paper, I would agree, but the thing is, a lot of Fairy type Pokemon aren't associated with flowers. More are associated with outer space, the moon, or sweet aromas (that come from things other than flowers, like food and perfume in Slurpuff and Aromatisse's cases), or affection like Sylveon. Or jewels like Diancie. Heck, we have a fairy based on keys! The only Fairy type that seems to be associated with flowers at all, in fact, is the Flabebe line.

Edited by Anacybele

On paper, I would agree, but the thing is, a lot of Fairy type Pokemon aren't associated with flowers. More are associated with outer space, the moon, or sweet aromas (that come from things other than flowers, like food and perfume in Slurpuff and Aromatisse's cases), or affection like Sylveon. Or jewels like Diancie. Heck, we have a fairy based on keys! The only Fairy type that seems to be associated with flowers at all, in fact, is the Flabebe line.

But having a Ball for just one type seems extremely unnecessary and random. Yeah, let's add in 18 balls that no one will every buy unless they're doing a mono-type run.

Edited by Emerson

And the Moon Ball ISN'T unnecessary and random? Besides, I never said there had to be one for EVERY type. Not to mention I would combine some others for one ball anyway. I'd have the same ball be effective against Rock, Ground, and Steel types, for example. Ghost and Dark as well.

Edited by Anacybele

Man, reading all these hardcore strategies to catch pokemon make me look like a total BIDOOF in front of you. I only damage them up to the red gauge and spam balls on them, only in late or post game I use False Swipe Hawlucha to catch them.

I often use Great Balls on early-mid game pokemon and Ultra Balls on late game mons just to see the blue and yellow flash when they appear on battle.

I do the same thing essentially. Though, I do like to have a 'mon with Thunder Wave on hand. And I do try to use the balls that would capture them the easiest (i.e. Net Ball on a Tentacool) or use the balls I think fit that particular 'mon (i.e. Luxury Ball with a Growlithe).

Does anyone only give nicknames to the 'mons that take a long time to capture? When I was first getting into the games about a billion years ago, I had this thing where I would only nickname the 'mons that were a hassle for me to capture. It was almost like a sort of badge of respect towards them, as they were so desperate to struggle against fate and defy me.

wow that makes me sound like a sadistic asshole

(Oh, I also only nickname my competitvely bred 'mons, but they don't really count as I'm talking about while playing through the main campaign.)

Edited by saisymbolic

I nickname team members and some randos. In Nuzlockes I nickname everything nicely enough, but any wilds that give me trouble/kill my mons I give insulting names.

Jesus man, that's some serious petshaming. Just give it a lame name like Kyle or something.

"Alright, it's time for my ace in the hole...Go IHopeYouDie!"

I make it a point to nickname everything I catch. I usually try my best to give it a cool name. If I can't manage one I'll just give them a silly name, like Big Cheesy.

Edited by Honey Bunny

Starting from Heart Gold, I spend too much time finding a smart name for every Pokémon part of my team. *

All are not thoroughly inspired, though... (Funny Bunny the Diggersby is still great though. ANd Von Uluhtc the Malimar is one of my best name ever.)

If I have a Alolan Muk, I'm totally gonna named it Pestilence (or Pollution), because that thing is the bringer of the Apocalypse right there.

Oh, Pokeball question. Honestly it gets to the point I rarely use anything but Quick Balls, lol.

Unless it's a Pokemon I want special treatment for, in which case I keep ten luxury balls, ten heal balls (hey man I think heal balls look cool), and 5 repeat balls if I'm fishing for a specific Pokemon.

Edit: Honestly I just name my Pokemon whatever. Usually a reference.

My Rayquaza is named Joseph. As in Joestar.

Edited by Ebony