Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

For what it's worth, HGSS did include the Crystal stuff, just in two versions.

I can see a DP remake feature the expanded Team Galactic motivations and Pokédex from Platinum, just without the second box legend and moving the Giratina stuff to a post game story along the lines of the Delta Episode.

I don't think Emerald expanded the Hoenndex. ORAS just added the Gen IV evolutions like Roserade and Gallade.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, HGSS did include the Crystal stuff, just in two versions.I can see a DP remake feature the expanded Team Galactic motivations and Pokédex from Platinum, just without the second box legend and moving the Giratina stuff to a post game story along the lines of the Delta Episode.I don't think Emerald expanded the Hoenndex. ORAS just added the Gen IV evolutions like Roserade and Gallade.

Granted, Crystal didn't add a lot of things, so it easier to put them in the remakes. Emerald and especially Platinum added a lot more. Seriously, the difference between Diamond and Pearl compared to Platinum is ridiculous.

It's not just the Sinnoh Dex that was changed, there was a lot more things that were added. Especially when it came to design and aesthetics. I could make huge list of the differences.

Edited by Water Mage

Granted, Crystal didn't add a lot of things, so it easier to put them in the remakes. Emerald and especially Platinum added a lot more. Seriously, the difference between Diamond and Pearl compared to Platinum is ridiculous.

It's not just the Sinnoh Dex that was changed, there was a lot more things that were added. Especially when it came to design and aesthetics. I could make huge list of the differences.

Yeah, but why wouldn't gamefreak be able to include these things? I just feel like they were lazy with ORAS

Yeah, but why wouldn't gamefreak be able to include these things? I just feel like they were lazy with ORAS

According to Game Freak themselves, it's because gamers these days don't have the time or the patience for things like the Battle Frontier.

Many of DP's problems were technical ones (Saving a lot of data...) and are pretty much able to be fixed simply by being on the new engine, same for the graphical upgrade Platinum brought.

The Platinum forms (Origin Giratina, Rotom's appliances, and Sky Shaymin) aren't going away, there's no reason to randomly leave them out of the game code.

Legendary respawns for re-beating the E4 also aren't going anywhere, again for obvious reasons.

The big Platinum improvements besides that are story ones (Looker, Charon, Cyrus's past, etc.), the Battle Frontier, rematches, and the Dex (with the overhauled trainer teams and wild tables that go with that).

I can see them being able to make a "two version" remake with Platinum's story and Dex improvements.

Well I have the game now and it's the only good thing to really happen to me today so if someone wants to add me please PM so I can add you back.

NOKirdG.png

chose the friend

Many of DP's problems were technical ones (Saving a lot of data...) and are pretty much able to be fixed simply by being on the new engine, same for the graphical upgrade Platinum brought.The Platinum forms (Origin Giratina, Rotom's appliances, and Sky Shaymin) aren't going away, there's no reason to randomly leave them out of the game code.Legendary respawns for re-beating the E4 also aren't going anywhere, again for obvious reasons.The big Platinum improvements besides that are story ones (Looker, Charon, Cyrus's past, etc.), the Battle Frontier, rematches, and the Dex (with the overhauled trainer teams and wild tables that go with that).

There's actually a lot, lot more differences that those you listed, but I do agree that the biggest problems in DP were the technical ones.

I can see them being able to make a "two version" remake with Platinum's story and Dex improvements.

But the question is, will they want to add Platinum's story and Dex improvements to the remakes? Edited by Water Mage

According to Game Freak themselves, it's because gamers these days don't have the time or the patience for things like the Battle Frontier.

That's just deflecting the blame.

Well I have the game now and it's the only good thing to really happen to me today so if someone wants to add me please PM so I can add you back.

NOKirdG.png

chose the friend

At least one part of your day can be worth it.

But the question is, will they want to add Platinum's story and Dex improvements to the remakes?

I don't see why they wouldn't, since they've been treating the story ones at least as canon for years, and willingly updated both the Gen II and Gen III Dexes in their remakes to accomodate Gen IV Pokémon (unlike FRLG).

And unlike ORAS, where they couldn't really include the Emerald plot change without removing a big difference in the original pair of games (which team was fought), the plot changes in Platinum can feasibly be done in 2 versions.

Also, I was mainly looking for what changes stood out on Serebii's change list. I'm well aware there were more, but compared to what I mentioned, they're pretty minor imo.

I don't see why they wouldn't, since they've been treating the story ones at least as canon for years, and willingly updated both the Gen II and Gen III Dexes in their remakes to accomodate Gen IV Pokémon (unlike FRLG).And unlike ORAS, where they couldn't really include the Emerald plot change without removing a big difference in the original pair of games (which team was fought), the plot changes in Platinum can feasibly be done in 2 versions.Also, I was mainly looking for what changes stood out on Serebii's change list. I'm well aware there were more, but compared to what I mentioned, they're pretty minor imo.

To be honest I can see them adding Platinum's changes to the remakes, but my point was to show how much incomplete DP were as games.

This list in Bulbapedia shows even more differences than Serebii's list:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Platinum_Version

Granted a lot of them are minor, but the sheer length of the list of differences is astounding.

I do hope they add all of that in the remakes.

Edited by Water Mage

I agree any remake of Pearl/Diamond needs to at least include Platinum's regional dex + snowy atmosphere. Otherwise the original dex was just uninspired. Distortion World should also come back but then again ORAS didn't do the neat Sky Tower event from Emerald... but then Delta Episode exists.

Also, I finally completed my Alola Dex today, at a nice round 90 hours.

[spoiler=image]

tumblr_oi029yTIgc1s8o79no1_540.png

So I caved in and traded for a Castform because all it cost me was a Chinchou on the GTS. But then I went to S.O.S. chain for a Vanillite...and what should appear first when called for help in Hail, but Castform?

OTL

So I caved in and traded for a Castform because all it cost me was a Chinchou on the GTS. But then I went to S.O.S. chain for a Vanillite...and what should appear first when called for help in Hail, but Castform?

OTL

Were you trying in the rain? I never got Vanillite to appear in the Tapu Village patch of grass. Just lots of castforms. I caved and used the GTS for Vallilish, with no bites on Vanillite. Does it ever snow in Tapu Village? In fact I question whether or not it even rains in Malie Garden... I ended up farming for King's Rocks instead.

I agree any remake of Pearl/Diamond needs to at least include Platinum's regional dex + snowy atmosphere. Otherwise the original dex was just uninspired. Distortion World should also come back but then again ORAS didn't do the neat Sky Tower event from Emerald... but then Delta Episode exists.

Also, I finally completed my Alola Dex today, at a nice round 90 hours.

[spoiler=image]

tumblr_oi029yTIgc1s8o79no1_540.png

Congrats! Filling the dex is a lot harder than I thought it'd be.

OTL

Man, that sounds like something I'd do. Still, if you ended up catching the second Castform, you could probably trade one away for something nice.

Congrats! Filling the dex is a lot harder than I thought it'd be.

I think the hardest part was the wait for someone on the GTS to fulfill my trades for UBs. I traded Pheremosa for Kartana which took quite some time, then tracked down someone else's Buzzwole for a Celesteela. Cover legendaries weren't as hard since I had someone to trade back and forth with. I had mareanies to help with everything else.

I found filling the dex pretty easy using the GTS, although i did it pretty early on. People back then were trading things left and right for a castform. And I took full advantage of that. I dont know if it is still going on, but goomy's and other weather pokemon were fairly popular too.

also does corrosion allow salazzle to hit steel types with poison or does it just allow you to use toxic on them?

Edited by SlayerX

Posted · Hidden by Balcerzak, December 11, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Balcerzak, December 11, 2016 - No reason given

I found filling the dex pretty easy using the GTS, although i did it pretty early on. People back then were trading things left and right for a castform. And I took full advantage of that. I dont know if it is still going on, but goomy's and other weather pokemon were fairly popular too.

also does corrosion allow salazzle to hit steel types with poison moves like sludge wave or does it just allow you to use toxic on them?

also does corrosion allow salazzle to hit steel types with poison or does it just allow you to use toxic on them?

Just allows toxic. However you can poison other poison types with anything that carries the status.

Just allows toxic. However you can poison other poison types with anything that carries the status.

Oh... That is pretty lame... Although it already has fire so it doesnt really matter much anyways.

I thought my team needed an answer to fairy to Fairy, so I figured Salandit would be a nice addition. I now have 2 female Timid salandits with Best IVs in HP, def, Sp.A, and Speed. The one with oblivious also has Best in spD as well so that is cool. I don't know how i will use them yet (I have a vague role in mind for them at least), but i think my team is ready for the competition...

Ninetails-A

Bewear

Araquanid

Solgaleo

Ash-Greninja

Salandit

Oh wow, ust learned from Battle royal that Houndoom has a mega... lol I guess it was that forgettable i never heard it be mentioned or i just forgot it lol.

Edited by SlayerX

Oh wow, ust learned from Battle royal that Houndoom has a mega... lol I guess it was that forgettable i never heard it be mentioned or i just forgot it lol.

Yeah it's one of the megas I always forget exists, alongside... Let me check the mega list... Manectric, Sharpedo, Camerupt and apparently a lot more. Huh.

BTW, did you already get that Freeze-dry on your Ninetales you mentioned before on the trade thread? I'm about to start breeding that on a Vulpix (as soon as I get a female with Snow Warning... 11 Male SW!Vulpix in a row and counting...). Alternatively, since I'm really slow at breeding, I could borrow my Smeargle with Freeze-Dry.

Yeah it's one of the megas I always forget exists, alongside... Let me check the mega list... Manectric, Sharpedo, Camerupt and apparently a lot more. Huh.

BTW, did you already get that Freeze-dry on your Ninetales you mentioned before on the trade thread? I'm about to start breeding that on a Vulpix (as soon as I get a female with Snow Warning... 11 Male SW!Vulpix in a row and counting...). Alternatively, since I'm really slow at breeding, I could borrow my Smeargle with Freeze-Dry.

I have a Vulpix i could give you with Snow Warning and freeze-dry, encore, and moonblast. I will have to look again but most if not all are timid too. Ok, ust looked, so I have a freeze dry Vulpix with the other 2 egg moves, it has best in HP, spA, spD and spe.

Alternatively, I have one with just encore and moonblast, and timid nature (female too so you can reliably pass on snow warning) with Best in all stats but attk.

Edited by SlayerX