Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to catch the Tapus. Not having much success.

Koko was an easy catch but the natures were awful! I think I had 3 that were Quiet nature (-Spe, +SpA).

Trying to get Lele right now. First one was Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)...

Not looking forward to Bulu at this rate.

lol that's some bad luck there. Same with me catching Salandits, most of them are male and the few female I get are Hasty or Lax. I recently got a Bold one but meh.

Woo! Got all 4 of them now.

Lele took one extra try and Bulu was perfect on the first one.

Bulu's IVs are awful but thankfully bottle caps!

I GOT NECROZMA IN THE FIRST BALL WHAT!

Edited by Ema Skye

Okay, so Grubbin evolves at lv. 20 something, right? And I think I heard that after that, Charjabug evolves only after leveling up in Poni Canyon?

Yeah basically.

Nosepass/Magneton also use Vast Poni Canyon

Edited by Glaceon Mage

it seems like the events where the Island Kahuna joins you for dinner is repeatable. I just had Hapu join me for the second time. The last time i did it was like a week or 2 ago.

I ust tried the one at UlaUla too and Nanu joined me as well.

Edit: my character just made a pirouette lol. Apparently if you keep walking in a tight circle your character will start spinning around for as long as us keep circling the gamepad :o

Edited by SlayerX

it seems like the events where the Island Kahuna joins you for dinner is repeatable. I just had Hapu join me for the second time. The last time i did it was like a week or 2 ago.

I ust tried the one at UlaUla too and Nanu joined me as well.

Edit: my character just made a pirouette lol. Apparently if you keep walking in a tight circle your character will start spinning around for as long as us keep circling the gamepad :o

It's once a day they they join you.

Dude, this has been known about since the demo days. xP

Hoho, I finally got a chance to buy (and play) Sun and Moon! I'm really enjoying it so far, I just got done with the trial that gives you Electrium Z on Moon and about to do the Ghost trial. Here's my team so far...

Aysu (Primarina). Level 36, with the Jolly nature. Her moves are Scald, Bubble Beam, Sparkling Aria, and Disarming Voice.

Maeve (Salazzle). Level 36, with the Modest nature. Her moves are Ember, Venoshock, Flame Burst, and Shadow Claw.

Laelia (Lurantis). Level 36, with the Hardy nature. Her moves are Leaf Blade, Leech Life, Low Sweep, and Petal Blizzard.

Diana (Espeon). Level 35, with the Mild nature. Her moves are Bite, Swift, Confusion, and Psychic.

Charlotte (Bewear). Level 35, with the Bashful nature and has the Fluffy ability. Her moves are Bulldoze, Low Sweep, Brick Break, and Shadow Claw.

Ruby (Lycanroc). Level 35, with the Naughty nature and has the Vital Spirit ability. Her moves are Bite, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, and Rock Throw.

I'm doing pretty good so far but that might be only 'cause I'm a little overleveled...

Edited by December Knight

I encountered a shiny Metapod. Too bad its nature is lax. Would have probably used it otherwise lol

Edit: Nice team december. It looks fairly well rounded. And dont worry, the game is about to have a bit of a jump in levels. At least i couldn't quite keep up lol. although part of that is because i didn't use exp share

Hue hue, i am such a fan of breeding. Just made an almost perfect bewear. It has very good HP and decent spA but the rest is at its best. and that was in less than 3 hours. It really helps Vulpix can breed with it :D

Edited by SlayerX

I run around in heahea city. I prefer it than running around in circles, the screen shakes too much that way. I haven't tried poke pelago yet, but i also have the time to waste and do it this way.

Similar to LuxSpes' Weavile strategy, I put rare and time-consuming to get pokemon of my own, two Milotic(s), on the GTS and got the Moon-exclusive UBs without waiting very long at all.

Investing in the impatience of other players seems to be a pretty good investment at the moment.

Man, I managed to catch a Bonsly and Munchlax for the dex (I forgot about the special event Munchlax that's holding the Snorlax Z-crystal), but I can't find a Happiny at all. >_< And I saw one when catching the Bonsly because it appeared as the partner Pokemon it called. But of course, I couldn't catch it because you have to knock out a Pokemon before throwing a Pokeball if multiple wild Pokemon are on the field...

Either I'm unlucky or Happiny has an even lower encounter rate than those two...

I got an Emolga through Poke Pelago though, yayz.

Edited by Anacybele

Man, I managed to catch a Bonsly and Munchlax for the dex (I forgot about the special event Munchlax that's holding the Snorlax Z-crystal), but I can't find a Happiny at all. >_< And I saw one when catching the Bonsly because it appeared as the partner Pokemon it called. But of course, I couldn't catch it because you have to knock out a Pokemon before throwing a Pokeball if multiple wild Pokemon are on the field...

Either I'm unlucky or Happiny has an even lower encounter rate than those two...

I got an Emolga through Poke Pelago though, yayz.

You can easily get a Happini in Malie City.

There's a woman in the Sushi High Roller, who's willing to trade a Happini for a Pancham.

Okay, but is it holding an Oval Stone? That's required to evolve Happiny, and in the past, you either had to get one from wild Chansey or randomly find it somewhere, and I've yet to come across an Oval Stone just lying around. I haven't seen Chansey yet, so I don't know if you can find wild ones. And if you can, they're probably a low encounter rate.

Okay, but is it holding an Oval Stone? That's required to evolve Happiny, and in the past, you either had to get one from wild Chansey or randomly find it somewhere, and I've yet to come across an Oval Stone just lying around. I haven't seen Chansey yet, so I don't know if you can find wild ones. And if you can, they're probably a low encounter rate.

You can find an Oval Stone in Paniola Ranch, in an area right in front of the Nursery.

You should use Stoutland, as it is a hidden item.

Edited by Water Mage