Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

That guy still looks like such a dingus though.

I like his design, but that's probably because it's so goofy I find it endearing.

From the looks of it, Ryuki uses Dragon types simply because he thinks they are awesome. That's pretty refreshing and original actually, and it makes him stand out from other Dragon users.

Which I can appreciate, because Dragon types are still pretty awesome even if Mimikyu sweeps them like chumps thanks to Play Rough.

Edited by AzureSen

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, it seems that Alolan Meowth doesn't evolve like its normal counterpart. :/ I'm pretty sure Meowth normally evolved at lv. 28, but Alolan Meowth didn't evolve when I got it to that level. Does it only evolve at night or something?

...Seriously? That makes no sense at all. What a stupid decision by GameFreak. Also, this game doesn't seem to have anything that raises happiness other than the Soothe Bell and walking around with the Pokemon in your party.

Edited by Anacybele

There's a massage woman in Konikoni City, and I think feeding malasadas to your pokemon at the various shops may help. The ones which have your trainer share a malasada with a pokemon.

There's a massage woman in Konikoni City, and I think feeding malasadas to your pokemon at the various shops may help. The ones which have your trainer share a malasada with a pokemon.

there is also the poke pelago spring, which raises happiness over time

...Seriously? That makes no sense at all. What a stupid decision by GameFreak. Also, this game doesn't seem to have anything that raises happiness other than the Soothe Bell and walking around with the Pokemon in your party.

Come on Ana, this game has the easiest way to maxing happiness. Refresh makes it ridiculously trivial by taking care of your pokemon after any battle. I'm not even in the 3rd trial and I already have max Dartrix and max Slowpoke. Give them beans too.

Come on Ana, this game has the easiest way to maxing happiness. Refresh makes it ridiculously trivial by taking care of your pokemon after any battle. I'm not even in the 3rd trial and I already have max Dartrix and max Slowpoke. Give them beans too.

That's affection though. Different from happiness.

That raises affection, not happiness. Found out the hard way after feeding eevee a bunch of beans and yet it wouldnt evolve into espeon or umbreon

WELP. I was just about to finally beat Colress, then I get an error screen - this is the second time this has happened while playing Sun and Moon, both times after the 3DS had been in power saving mode for a long time.

I'll take that as the universe's way of telling me to go to bed.

Edited by Thane

Yeah, for whatever reason, GameFreak refuses to make Pokemon Amie/Refresh raise happiness as well as affection. I don't know why, those two should go hand in hand. Why would a very affectionate Pokemon NOT be really happy with you and vice versa?

anyone know how to get rid of the exclamation mark in festival plaza button?

Talk to all of the players that ask questions. Sometimes you need to wait around an area a little bit for them to spawn in. I do zig-zag walking up and down, which works well.

Late, but Alolan Meowth was pampered and trained by the royals of alola, so it needs happiness to evolve so it can feel ~flawless~ or something

Poke Pelago's Hot Spring feature raises happiness in spades

Talk to all of the players that ask questions. Sometimes you need to wait around an area a little bit for them to spawn in. I do zig-zag walking up and down, which works well.

how annoying ;_;

They dont even give good amounts of FC

That's affection though. Different from happiness.

That raises affection, not happiness. Found out the hard way after feeding eevee a bunch of beans and yet it wouldnt evolve into espeon or umbreon

LAME. Like, the only reason they did Amie/Refresh is because of Sylveon and wanting to make Pokemon a Nintendog 0/10

I've been decieved all my life lol

LAME. Like, the only reason they did Amie/Refresh is because of Sylveon and wanting to make Pokemon a Nintendog 0/10

I've been decieved all my life lol

At least it gives some nice bonuses, like extra EXP, a built in focus band, and the healer ability. Those have saved me so much. I would probably have so many more game overs if it wasnt for that mechanic lol. I am a scrub

Edit:

G70Cyf.jpgvvhj5D.jpg
Ff8HG6.jpgfQ2BDc.jpg
My only breaded Shiny Pokemon. It got Dragon Dance and Thunder Punch for it's Egg moves. :333

I have some Magic Guard Abras that I can breed for you if you'd like. :3
-Life Orb(No Recoil)
...And my only breaded Shiny Pokemon.

I had forgotten to reply but i will take one of those abras off your hands. I thought about cathing one instead but it just sounds like a hassle since they teleport

Edited by SlayerX

Late, but Alolan Meowth was pampered and trained by the royals of alola, so it needs happiness to evolve so it can feel ~flawless~ or something

Poke Pelago's Hot Spring feature raises happiness in spades

Is that it? What happened to things like massages for your Pokemon and stuff, GameFreak? >_>

Is that it? What happened to things like massages for your Pokemon and stuff, GameFreak? >_>

there is also a daily massage in Konikoni city and Masaladas at restaurants (just know their preferred taste).

Edit: i have also read that teaching tms over and over will raise happiness, and it will only take a few minutes for max happiness, so you could gie that a try.

Edited by SlayerX

At least it gives some nice bonuses, like extra EXP, a built in focus band, and the healer ability. Those have saved me so much. I would probably have so many more game overs if it wasnt for that mechanic lol. I am a scrub

Yeah the buffs are cool, like the evasion and extra crt too. Still, I think it should affect happiness too, or have a gauge indicating the level of happiness idk. But oh well ~

Gonna catch salandits!

Gens 4 and 5 had the easiest way to check friendship... All you had to do for the former was check your Poketch's Friendship Checker and in the latter for B2W2, just call up Bianca. I miss it being that easy to see.

I was very, very wrong about breeding... It is so easy... I already have a timid vulpix with snow warning and 2 egg moves :o. Definitely easier than SOS for the damn hidden ability plus trying to synchronize the ability. I tried it like a few times, each taking longer than 30 minutes, only for me to forget to switch out the original caller, and them dying or catching the hidden ability, only for it to have awful natures. Like brave vulpix :facepalm:

@Quint good luck!

Edit: *GASP* I almost got my very first perfect IV pokemon across the board... :O only missing one IV from attack XD. I might stop breeding here though, but first lets see how the other eggs look.

Edit2: Nooooooo it has snow cloak ;_;

Edited by SlayerX

Gens 4 and 5 had the easiest way to check friendship... All you had to do for the former was check your Poketch's Friendship Checker and in the latter for B2W2, just call up Bianca. I miss it being that easy to see.

Honestly I didn't know Gen 5's function until this year, but the Poketch needs to come back, somehow.

Honestly I didn't know Gen 5's function until this year, but the Poketch needs to come back, somehow.

Yeah, it was really handy and had a lot of fun little functions, even if most of them didn't really have uses in the game. The Friendship Checker, Daycare Checker, Marking Map, and Dowsing Machine were all obviously useful, but there's also the Step Counter which could give you an idea of how long it takes to hatch eggs with or without Flame Body helping, the Coin Toss which could help you make a tough choice (do I do this or this first/next? Heads will be this and tails will be that!), the Memo Pad is just fun to doodle on or give yourself a message to remember later, etc.