Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

there is also a daily massage in Konikoni city and Masaladas at restaurants (just know their preferred taste).

Edit: i have also read that teaching tms over and over will raise happiness, and it will only take a few minutes for max happiness, so you could gie that a try.

Having tried the tm method I can confirm that it doesn't work.

Edit: clarified which method I was talking about.

Edited by LuxSpes

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happiness is pretty easy to raise. I just stick them in the hot spring overnight. At first the hot spring isn't very good but at max rank it actually raises happiness very quickly. It's also the way I tend to hatch eggs now, even if doing it yourself is faster. Alola Meowth was one of the very first Pokemon I evolved when I caught it early. It will just naturally gain happiness running around and winning battles, and using items on it (but not TMs). You can also get certain cafes in your Festival Plaza that give big happiness boosts, and also the berries that lower an EV in exchange for happiness, which also has the side effect of letting you fix unwanted EVs.

My most hated evolutions are the trade ones. Especially Porygon-Z. Weavile and Slowking/Politoed are also quite bad. At least Metal Coats can be stolen from Magnemites.

The best thief in the game is Butterfree, by the way. Compoundeyes bumps up the rate at which you find held items (the consensus seems to be either a double chance, or that it moves items up a "tier" ie 1% -> 5% -> 20% -> 50% -> 100%) Too bad Galvantula or Vivillon are not around in Alola, who would be able to do the same thing.

Could walking Pokemon really return?

I wonder what they would do with larger Pokemkon such as Wailord and Celesteela.

oh hey that is pretty neat. Although makes me a bit sad cause it really seems like pokemon games are moving to home consoles :< hopefully we see some of it on the 3ds (like stars but no cool pokemon next you kinda thing (or only a few pokemon, i mean some, like rockruff, seem to have a model for being outside at least; i don't know how it works).

In other news, i finished my Timid Snow Warning Vulpix! it has Freeze dry, moonblast, and encore for egg moves. has full IV's on all except attack, where it has decent. Would have been done faster, but i realized after i was done that i could in fact get Freeze-dry so i went and did it. Much faster that time around though. Destiny knot is gangster.

Edited by SlayerX

Now that you mention Dex completion, Gratz on SakuraFish/Mike for doing so man take a rest

On another note, I beat the Water Trial which was terribly easy with Dartrix, Slowpoke THWOMP and Misdreavus with Charge Beam. I even caught an Adamant Dewpider. Ultimately I've been really fortunate with natures whoo.

Surprised that Scald is super early in the game. Water pokemon got a huge buff here. Slowpoke learned it and replaced Water Gun, I won't need Water Pulse now.

@Truemm Misdreavus is quite ok to me throughout the game. I recall you mentioned how it lacked a special STAB, but there's Hex at lv. 23 which coupled with Confuse Ray gets really good. There's also Echoed Voice, Hidden Power and Charge Beam to fill her slots. Right now Misdreavus has Confuse Ray, Hex, [Dark] Hidden Power and Charge Beam and it's doing really well after the Raticate Totem.

I forgot to mention that I haven't grinded since catching Misdreavus which makes me think the difficulty curve in the game is pretty balanced, I'm roughly 3-5 levels above opponents and haven't felt an issue. I thought Wishiwashi was going to be hard but it was super easy because it lacked a strong movepool: Growl, Water Gun and Tackle is quite depressing, but yeah.

Currently rigging a female Salandit either Modest or Timid. Will raise her up to lv 26 or something and continue the fire trial. I want already my Slowbro argh.

Just a matter of getting 2 Dewpiders with both natures of Timid and Jolly for it's shit speed. Investing all EV's into Speed and Physical def and getting them Stockpile for a better stall breakers since their Defensive based stats are as high as the Legendaries. :D

Making it easier to train Pelipper for it's Drizzle and Scald moves that is needed to get Dewpider for Stockpile. I'm actually getting an Araquid in both games on both of my teams. I love it that much. :D

alrighty, youre making me work for it then

good shit

also lol i just found most of it in like 4 minutes

Oh yeah, I totally forgot to talk about this.

Paras totally destroys the Totem Wishiwashi if it has Dry Skin. It's only damaging moves are Water, and while you could say the same for any Water Absorb Pokemon, Paras can actually kill it insanely quickly. Even with a Growl or two plus the Defense boost, Fury Cutter eventually ends up doing ~50%, and it kills in 5-6 turns.

It makes the fight a total joke.

Lana's trial is easy. Period.
The trials start getting easy after the Raticate Totem which was the only difficulty spike thus far. Giving Magnamite both Reflect and Light Screen will brush away difficulty in Gym trials big time!

Man, Battle Tree is actually really fun! I never enjoyed any of the Battle Tower clones up until this point but I like this one.

Team is Aegislash / Tapu Fini / [silvally-Poison or Ninetales]

And then the Double Team spam begins on the 11th...

I haven't participated in a battle facility in years.
lol
I'll have to see what devious plots that Gamefreak is going to behold within the battle tree.

That posting problem has been happening for a bunch of people. Myself as well. I don't know why the mods don't fix it when all of us have been mentioning it so often.

Anyway, I got Magearna and Meloetta (the latter in X though, of course), so I'm working a little more on my Alola dex. I did visit the Festival Plaza too though, and it's kinda neat.

The server is needing to update again. -.-

At least it gives some nice bonuses, like extra EXP, a built in focus band, and the healer ability. Those have saved me so much. I would probably have so many more game overs if it wasnt for that mechanic lol. I am a scrub

Edit:

I had forgotten to reply but i will take one of those abras off your hands. I thought about cathing one instead but it just sounds like a hassle since they teleport

Okay...
My FC number is...
(PM'D)
EDIT: ...And sent!

I was very, very wrong about breeding... It is so easy... I already have a timid vulpix with snow warning and 2 egg moves :o. Definitely easier than SOS for the damn hidden ability plus trying to synchronize the ability. I tried it like a few times, each taking longer than 30 minutes, only for me to forget to switch out the original caller, and them dying or catching the hidden ability, only for it to have awful natures. Like brave vulpix :facepalm:

@Quint good luck!

Edit: *GASP* I almost got my very first perfect IV pokemon across the board... :O only missing one IV from attack XD. I might stop breeding here though, but first lets see how the other eggs look.

Edit2: Nooooooo it has snow cloak ;_;

The egg moves are even easier to get now when beforehand only the male Pokemon could pass down moves while now either gender can which now makes it much less of a hassle now giving them up to three egg moves. It's how I've got my Poppio Aqua Ring, Amnesia and Wonder Room which having to breed with a Dewpider then with the female Popplio(Aqua Ring) and Psyduck. Still...both Pokemon has to carry the same move to get it it's levelling up moves at an earlier time!

I wonder what they would do with larger Pokemkon such as Wailord and Celesteela.

I'm guessing that the Struttl teddy bear fighting Pokemon that I saw by the fifth trial area(Still around there as I haven't advanced the plot yet as am breeding two Stockpile Dewpiders Jolly and a Timid one. Guess...I'll have to play further into the game to find that out. :/

Happiness is pretty easy to raise. I just stick them in the hot spring overnight. At first the hot spring isn't very good but at max rank it actually raises happiness very quickly. It's also the way I tend to hatch eggs now, even if doing it yourself is faster. Alola Meowth was one of the very first Pokemon I evolved when I caught it early. It will just naturally gain happiness running around and winning battles, and using items on it (but not TMs). You can also get certain cafes in your Festival Plaza that give big happiness boosts, and also the berries that lower an EV in exchange for happiness, which also has the side effect of letting you fix unwanted EVs.

My most hated evolutions are the trade ones. Especially Porygon-Z. Weavile and Slowking/Politoed are also quite bad. At least Metal Coats can be stolen from Magnemites.

The best thief in the game is Butterfree, by the way. Compoundeyes bumps up the rate at which you find held items (the consensus seems to be either a double chance, or that it moves items up a "tier" ie 1% -> 5% -> 20% -> 50% -> 100%) Too bad Galvantula or Vivillon are not around in Alola, who would be able to do the same thing.

I'll have to do that since I've already trained a Butterfree.

oh hey that is pretty neat. Although makes me a bit sad cause it really seems like pokemon games are moving to home consoles :< hopefully we see some of it on the 3ds (like stars but no cool pokemon next you kinda thing (or only a few pokemon, i mean some, like rockruff, seem to have a model for being outside at least; i don't know how it works).

In other news, i finished my Timid Snow Warning Vulpix! it has Freeze dry, moonblast, and encore for egg moves. has full IV's on all except attack, where it has decent. Would have been done faster, but i realized after i was done that i could in fact get Freeze-dry so i went and did it. Much faster that time around though. Destiny knot is gangster.

It can get Sheer Cold...too to make it even better. :DDD

Edited by PuffPuff

You guys know what's fun? Almost finishing the Pokédex after a week, catching EVERYTHING in plain old regular Pokéballs but not being able to finish the Pokédex because your friends that are playing Sun won't do the ultra beast aftergame section to get you Kartana and Buzzwole. I really ought to hassle them to do it...

I'll admit, I used Powersaves to pull up some Pokémon like Squirtle, Tangela, Tyranitar, Yveltal, Marshadow, Magearna and admittedly Kartana, (though I want a Legitimate one). I wish I a Ditto with decent enough IVs for Special Stats and a good enough nature to make Special Attackers to get the Blastoisinite in the Battle Tree. I could get the item and a Squirtle cloned and give them away on Wonder Trade or something. XD

I feel like I'm nonsensically rambling...

That posting problem has been happening for a bunch of people. Myself as well. I don't know why the mods don't fix it when all of us have been mentioning it so often.

BECAUSE I FUCKING CAN'T.

And yes, I have the same problem. No, I'm not going to apologize for being mad.

You guys know what's fun? Almost finishing the Pokédex after a week, catching EVERYTHING in plain old regular Pokéballs but not being able to finish the Pokédex because your friends that are playing Sun won't do the ultra beast aftergame section to get you Kartana and Buzzwole. I really ought to hassle them to do it...

I'll admit, I used Powersaves to pull up some Pokémon like Squirtle, Tangela, Tyranitar, Yveltal, Marshadow, Magearna and admittedly Kartana, (though I want a Legitimate one). I wish I a Ditto with decent enough IVs for Special Stats and a good enough nature to make Special Attackers to get the Blastoisinite in the Battle Tree. I could get the item and a Squirtle cloned and give them away on Wonder Trade or something. XD

I feel like I'm nonsensically rambling...

Have you checked GTS for the missing UBs? I wouldn't be surprised if they're up for trade.

It was probably cut because it taxed the 3DS a bit too much. If Stars is real, I can see it being a thing.

It'd be funny as it was in HGSS though, with having certain Pokémon (like Arceus) follow along.

The Switch is part handheld, at least, which is why I can see this particular one as a candidate.

They can't get rid of the social features that help define Pokémon, but having a hybrid gives GF the opportunity to develop for console without losing that. I'm excited for it if Dale and Eurogamer are right.

Have you checked GTS for the missing UBs? I wouldn't be surprised if they're up for trade.

To my knowledge, there's no way to obtain pokedex info on missing UBs; thus, you can't ask for them on the GTS unless you've already seen them.

I'm shocked that I've made it to third place in the battle royal in my second match and being underlevelled further insults the fourth placer. I still get 1BP out of the deal. Need to get the Braces since Serebii and Bubapedia have no idea how to get the Macho Brace.

To my knowledge, there's no way to obtain pokedex info on missing UBs; thus, you can't ask for them on the GTS unless you've already seen them.

Actually you can look in the GTS for Pokemon you haven't seen yet.

When you look at the list of Pokemon by letter at the GTS, under Z there's a part where it says "What Pokemon?"

Click on that, and type the name of the Pokemon you want. Even you haven't seen it, you can still search for the Pokemon on the GTS.

From example, you have the Moon version, right? So haven't see Solgaleo, right? Just type his name on "What Pokemon?" and you will be able to look for it, even if you never have seen it.

Edited by Water Mage

Actually you can look in the GTS for Pokemon you haven't seen yet.

When you look at the list of Pokemon by letter at the GTS, under Z there's a part where it says "What Pokemon?"

Click on that, and type the name of the Pokemon you want. Even you haven't seen it, you can still search for the Pokemon on the GTS.

Did not know that. Thanks.

Finding out that the braces gives out 8 EV's as opposed to 4. I just need the Speed and Defensive ones before I continue. Since it's hard to get EV lowering berries and that it'll otherwise take too much time to put their EV's in the correct places. Hau is having a great time there and so am I? :D

EDIT: dMwX7O.jpg

Got the Power Anklet. You get 1BP just by participating. How nice since I'll make my comeback after completing the game!

Edited by PuffPuff

On my way to catching Salandit, I found a shiny Magby! It is Naive natured and Loves to eat. Curiosly, I got a shiny Magmar in Y, so I have a shiny Magmortar as well. I caught two female Salandits but were Lax and Hasty natured, I'll continue on my journey to get an awesome Salandit!

Meh, I don't care much for Pokemon following you. It was helpful for raising happiness, but other than that, it wasn't anything special to me. It was also really weird/awkward with large Pokemon like Steelix and Wailord or big time legendaries like Giratina. I can also imagine the larger Pokemon causing technical issues because of how big their graphic would be.

I'd be okay with it only if certain legendaries and Pokemon above a certain size could not follow you.

@Quintessence

Congradulations. I haven't seen one in Pokemon X/Y as well as Omega Ruby. The Shiny Charizard was the very last one that I've got for the past 10 years. Good times! :D

-----

It's still a letdown that there is no Macho Brace(Why there isn't one anyway, I don't understand and Super training is removed and Hyper Training works a totally different way.) and did this with my Pikachu without any braces which took over half a day to do. I'm not going through that again. Isn't there any alternative to getting EV's without taking so much time?

A couple questions. Anyone know where I can find a Lucky Egg and a Sun Stone? I need the latter for the Cottonee I caught.

You get a free Lucky Egg post-game from Kukui as long as you've caught 50 Pokemon; he's in his lab on Route 1. A Sun Stone can be found at the Power Plant on Blush Mountain in the southwest corner of that map; otherwise it's one of the random treasures you can get from PokePelago's Isle Aphun's stone-hunting mission, which is only available if you've upgraded Aphun to lv. 2.

Edited by AzureSen

You get a free Lucky Egg post-game from Kukui as long as you've caught 50 Pokemon; he's in his lab on Route 1. A Sun Stone can be found at the Power Plant on Blush Mountain in the southwest corner of that map; otherwise it's one of the random treasures you can get from PokePelago's Isle Aphun's stone-hunting mission, which is only available if you've upgraded Aphun to lv. 2.

What map? I guess I can't get the Lucky Egg right now then, I haven't caught 50 Pokemon.

And I know, Aya/PuffPuff, I've already done that. :P

Edited by Anacybele

So my idea of farming Jangmo-o for Razor Claw as I was leveling my Dragonair proved to be fruitful. I got Porygon Z and Solgaleo minutes after putting up Weavile for trade on the GTS.

What map? I guess I can't get the Lucky Egg right now then, I haven't caught 50 Pokemon.

If you fly to Ula'ula Island with Charizard, the only fly spot on Route 12 leaves you right outside the entrance to Blush Mountain; the Sun Stone's there.

Does anyone here has the japanese version of Sun and Moon?

There's something I want to confirm, but it's a bit of a spoiler:

Some you may have noticed that there are implications in Guzma's house that his father used to beat him.

But I've heard that in the japanese version, Guzma's father outright admits that he would beat Guzma black and blue.

Could anyone with the japanese version confirm if this is true or not?

Trying to catch the Tapus. Not having much success.

Koko was an easy catch but the natures were awful! I think I had 3 that were Quiet nature (-Spe, +SpA).

Trying to get Lele right now. First one was Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)...

Not looking forward to Bulu at this rate.