Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

you can buy King's rock in the battle tree, according to Serebii... Razor claw is a shit to get though. Rare item on a rare pokemon in a high level area (so you have to level up a Butterfree sufficiently to reliably use thief+compound eyes method)... why Gamefreak, why....

Attempting to complete the majority of the PokeDex before I beat the main game, so no go.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also unsure if this was talked about but anyone have a particular trial captain or kahuna they liked?

Trial Captain Kiawe. I really like his backstory and his design. Plus his trial is possibly one of the most lulsy ones.

Attempting to complete the majority of the PokeDex before I beat the main game, so no go.

Oh i see. I can see how that makes it even more annoying.

Wow, getting to the battle tree was hard. Beating the game without using the exp share made me quite underleveled (my team was around lvls 49~54 when i beat the champion) and all the trainers there had pokemon in the was had pokemon in the high 50s low 60s

...Okay, why did it take me so long to realize this.

First off, this game's E4 theme kicks ass (second to BW's... which is an even summary of my opinion on the game in total). I recognized the main leitmotif of it, but figured that was just paying homage to Kanto's E4 theme (like how BW homaged Gen III there; I jumped to Kanto because I'd never heard it + still a bit salty about genwunner bias).

Except I just discovered that the Kanto games have no separate E4 theme; it's just the Gym leader theme from those games.

And then it dawned on me; it's a compressed version of the main leitmotif of Together We Ride. Not identical, but pretty close.

Btw Razor Claw is super easy to get actually

Put thief on Mimikyu(of any level, doesn't matter) and buy Adrenaline Orbs, congrats you've won

Once you find a Jangmo-o, toss the orb

The wild Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o can only know attacks that Mimikyu is immune to, so it's invincible while you spam thief

Edited by SecondWorld

Kiawe is great and he probably has my favorite trial, but my favorite trial captains are probably Acerola. Favorite Kahuna is easily Nanu.

gsI5nPf.png

This; Acerola managed to be cute and make an impression without coming off as trying to be cute or make an impression. And Nanu... is Nanu.

So, I had a better thought; screw Malie Garden and trying to summon Politoed in the rain. Instead, go for Kala'e Bay and try for Slowbro. Both have a 5% chance to hold the King's Rock, but Slowbro is far more likely to appear, and it doesn't require being summoned in the freaking rain.

Edit: Starting to think I'm having the worst of luck. All this time, and STILL nothing.

Edited by Dai

So, I had a better thought; screw Malie Garden and trying to summon Politoed in the rain. Instead, go for Kala'e Bay and try for Slowbro. Both have a 5% chance to hold the King's Rock, but Slowbro is far more likely to appear, and it doesn't require being summoned in the freaking rain.

Edit: Starting to think I'm having the worst of luck. All this time, and STILL nothing.

If you've cleared the main game, you can go to Poni Island and the wild Hariyama who appear in the rustling grass in Poni Plains (I think?) can carry King's Rocks as well. Considering all they call are other Hariyamas, it's much easier to get a King's Rock from them than anywhere else.

Edit: I'm also willing to trade back and forth for Pokedex completion since i have Slowking and Politoed. Just no Drizzle Politoed despite farming Poliwags for so long...

Edited by Samias

Again, kind of just want to get everything bar Tapu/Beasts/Legendaries/Null line before the end of the main campaign.

Based on experience trying to catch a Slowbro, the SOS appearance rate of Slowbro is also pretty bad. Not Politoed levels of bad, but not really recommended. Razor claws are actually significantly easier to farm.

Already got my Sweet Veil Cutifly.

Here is the link to exactly the odds of finding a Shiny Pokemon as well as HA's' through S.O.S Chaining.

Based on experience trying to catch a Slowbro, the SOS appearance rate of Slowbro is also pretty bad. Not Politoed levels of bad, but not really recommended. Razor claws are actually significantly easier to farm.

You're telling me. Three hours, and only one Slowbro has shown up, sans King's Rock. I wouldn't even mind trading someone for both of the King's Rocks evolutions, and then trading back.

Favorite captain: Mina/Acerola. I don't really like Acerola because she's cute but more because she has some great lines (try beating her first) and her facial expressions are hilarious. I also really like Mina because she mainly only appears in the postgame (with most of what you find about her in the maingame coming from third party sources), and she has a great design. Also I appreciate a character who looks as dead inside as I do.

Favorite kahuna: Nanu because I like his laid back attitude, but also there's definitely a lot more to him than you'd expect.

[spoiler=Postgame]

Which you can see after you've done the Looker quests.

...Okay, why did it take me so long to realize this.

First off, this game's E4 theme kicks ass (second to BW's... which is an even summary of my opinion on the game in total). I recognized the main leitmotif of it, but figured that was just paying homage to Kanto's E4 theme (like how BW homaged Gen III there; I jumped to Kanto because I'd never heard it + still a bit salty about genwunner bias).

Except I just discovered that the Kanto games have no separate E4 theme; it's just the Gym leader theme from those games.

And then it dawned on me; it's a compressed version of the main leitmotif of Together We Ride. Not identical, but pretty close.

Actually, the Elite Four theme of Sun and Moon is based an unused piece of music made by Masuda.

This one actually:

It only played once, at the Japan expo in France, when Masuda made an appearance there.

The music has nothing to do with Kanto.

And my favorite Trial Captain is definitely Kiawe.

Not only his design is a constant eye candy with him being shirtless, but his trial is pretty funny, and his backstory is actually kinda sad.

Favorite Kahuna is Nanu, for the same reasons pretty much everyone likes him.

Edited by Water Mage

You're telling me. Three hours, and only one Slowbro has shown up, sans King's Rock. I wouldn't even mind trading someone for both of the King's Rocks evolutions, and then trading back.

I'd help you out but i traded my Slowking and Politoed away when I was completing the pokedex through the GTS :V. I may have a King's rock that i could give you though. Although that will have to wait because I have other things to do right now. I will probably be back around the 22/23 and i could help you out then, if you still haven't gotten the pokemon. Just send me a PM around that time.

I'd help you out but i traded my Slowking and Politoed away when I was completing the pokedex through the GTS :V. I may have a King's rock that i could give you though. Although that will have to wait because I have other things to do right now. I will probably be back around the 22/23 and i could help you out then, if you still haven't gotten the pokemon. Just send me a PM around that time.

I decided to try putting Castform on GTS. I wound up with both of them. XD;

I decided to try putting Castform on GTS. I wound up with both of them. XD;

Sweet. It still amuses me how castform can be so popular. It doesn't even make sense. The thing is basically almost useless... Though i guess if you want to try and get a weather pokemon through sos battles, it is good enough i guess lol.