Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

What will we do with Parental Bond when new online rules ban megas (apparently)? Oh right, there's still Smogon and Pokemon Online and the like (?).

I don't think Smogon'll be out right banning Megas.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will we do with Parental Bond when new online rules ban megas (apparently)? Oh right, there's still Smogon and Pokemon Online and the like (?).

That's just for the next year iirc, so Sun and Moon's first year focuses on their new stuff. Edited by Glaceon Mage

The 2017 VGC format bans them, but the average online match doesn't as far as we know.

So, the demo will be released on the 18:th, but do we know when? Is it the same time for everyone or does it vary depending on the region?

Completely unrelated, but did anyone think Silvally's Multi Attack was a bit underwhelming? He stands still, charges and...two plain-colored stripes appear and that's it. I don't necessarily need anything flashy, but it just looks so underwhelming; the stripes are so short and completely vertical as well, which seems odd to me. This is the minorest of nitpicks, obviously, but it just stuck out to me as odd.

So, the demo will be released on the 18:th, but do we know when? Is it the same time for everyone or does it vary depending on the region?

europe gets it 3 days late

Implying either one is good aside from Fly being a very valuable HM.

EDIT: So Parental Bond is nerfed from 50% to 25%.

I was actually not thinking in term of competitive or anything...

Just in term of how cool it looks.

I mean, can you imagine a Magikarp flying ? (they do so by splashing aimlessly in my mind.)

Well, you have that stupid fish, everyone laugh at them, everyone think they're useless.

Well, even if they don't look like much, they can jump freaking high, like they're a fricking Dragoon or something, and then fall from above with their might.

​Ain't that an awesome image ? Ain't that truly inspiring ?

Where's your sense of wonder ?

I hate to be THAT guy but is anyone else (presumably some people but I don't have time to read this whole thread) highly underwhelmed with our selection of new Pokes? Of all the new pokemon shown so far, I only like a few of the designs enough to want to include them in my team. In my opinion, the final stages of the starters are the worst of any generation (loved Litten until Wrassle Cat showed up), and if the 'roster' follows the pattern of X/Y, we're going to have less original lines in favor of more mega evolutions and now Aloan forms.

The only ones I like a lot are

Lurantis

Salandit

Lycanroc (midday)

Silvally

Aloan Sandslash (maybe)

Who knows how viable they even are.

I was super hyped for the game after hearing about the theme but... Most of the new pokemon (the main reason I play these games) are fugly.

*snip*

Oh hey look it's 50% of comments on every Sun and Moon trailer.

In all seriousness, everyone has their own tastes. The new Pokemon just don't happen to fall into yours.

Personally I don't think I dislike any of them. They range from fine to great for me.

Edited by TrueEm

I was underwhelmed at first and concerned that this gen would be a repeat of gen 3 for me ( like VERY few Pokemon from that one), but it wasn't long before I started liking nearly everything that was shown. :P

I hate wrestlecat too, though. It's tied with Emboar and Blaziken as the worst starter evolution to me.

P Bond is probably still decently good, because its LO level and PuP still exists, and it have the advantages of Sheer Force and X Ate without the downside.

Mega Kangaskhan having Kyogre level of power without set up was really dumb

I seriously hope Gamefreak didn't keep it as the only nerfed ability because shit like Sheer Force, Tough Claws, and Adaptability is also broken and need to get gibbed and at that point they need to nerf Drought and Drizzle as well to something like 30% damage increase(Kyogre and Groudon, as it stands now is terrible anyway so restricting the old power boost to their Primal Form is probably OK)

Edited by JSND

Oh hey look it's 50% of comments on every Sun and Moon trailer.

In all seriousness, everyone has their own tastes. The new Pokemon just don't happen to fall into yours.

Personally I don't think I dislike any of them. They range from fine to great for me.

Like I said, I hate to be the "everything new sux" guy, but I honestly can't bring myself to like most of what's on the table. I was never the type to say "this design is terrible therefore the entire generation is bad" like some did for Gen 5 (trash and ice cream), but unlike previous generations, there were at least enough new Pokemon to choose a new team or two that you liked. I can't even compose one team I like so far. :/

I suppose I'll just have to stomach my negativity and not buy the game if not enough appeals to me. It makes me sad, as fan, however.

I was underwhelmed at first and concerned that this gen would be a repeat of gen 3 for me ( like VERY few Pokemon from that one), but it wasn't long before I started liking nearly everything that was shown. :P

I hate wrestlecat too, though. It's tied with Emboar and Blaziken as the worst starter evolution to me.

Wrestlecat wouldn't have been as bad if not for it being the FOURTH fire/fighting (it potentially being Fire Dark is irrelevant to me, it looks like a fighting type). It's such a tired design by this point and I'm especially tired of them starting as quadripeds and the being anthropomorphized. Maybe something else will wow me later on but I'm bummed that my starter would be sent to the PC.

Well, considering one of my favorites is Hot Topic dog, I'm probably not the best source of "good opinions."

Do you mean the night form of Lycanroc? It's not terrible, but it's not fantastic either, in my opinion. I guess it's kind of neat for being reminiscent of promoted Wolfskins.

Like I said, I hate to be the "everything new sux" guy, but I honestly can't bring myself to like most of what's on the table. I was never the type to say "this design is terrible therefore the entire generation is bad" like some did for Gen 5 (trash and ice cream), but unlike previous generations, there were at least enough new Pokemon to choose a new team or two that you liked. I can't even compose one team I like so far. :/

I respect your opinion, but I don't really understand why you happen to hate all the new mons. I'm guess I'm just not one to dislike anything too often (Although I still kinda dislike Dartrix) and I'm normally a optimist.

I'm also pretty open to whatever Pokemon wants to do.

also i just found out bounsweets image name is literally berry.png

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/media/uploads/july_19_assets/berry.png

pokemon, continueing the train of amazing file names

we have horse.png, red, purple, pink and yellowbird.png, and now berry.png which i managed to miss

Edited by TrueEm

I've found most of the Gen 7 mons underwhelming myself (the Alolan forms especially do not appeal to me) but I adore Silvally's design enough that it's somewhat rekindled my interest in the games (though I'm still on the fence about buying them since even Silvally's coolness isn't enough to justify the purchase).

Well, considering one of my favorites is Hot Topic dog, I'm probably not the best source of "good opinions."

Just out of curiosity, why do you call it that? I don't see what it has to do with Hot Topic.

*snip*

Eh, it happens to be like that for every generation. No need to feel bad about it or whatever. I wasn't a fan of the designs at first, but they grew on me over time.

With that said, I'm pretty sure the 'mons from the other generations are obtainable in game in some manner. Why let disliking the new 'mons keep you from experiencing the new features, challenges and region when you can still play with the old 'mons? If it's that serious, just use PokeBank or speed through the main game.

That's just my opinion, though.

Eh, it happens to be like that for every generation. No need to feel bad about it or whatever. I wasn't a fan of the designs at first, but they grew on me over time.

With that said, I'm pretty sure the 'mons from the other generations are obtainable in game in some manner. Why let disliking the new 'mons keep you from experiencing the new features, challenges and region when you can still play with the old 'mons? If it's that serious, just use PokeBank or speed through the main game.

That's just my opinion, though.

Just speaking for myself, obviously, but having a lot of cool new mons to collect is more important than pretty much anything else since the core gameplay will remain the same. If there are not enough new mons that catch my eye, I can still get the experience I want with the mons I know I like with the games I already own- no money needed.

I just think I choose what team I'll set up for Pokemon Sun. But I am pretty sure I can might use the others for storing in the Battle Box or place the other remaining Pokemon that are above 12 in-case if there is no room on the team and the Battle Box into the other Box for later and use it for leveling up & backup:

• Rowlet -> Dartrix -> Leaked Final Evolution (Grass/Flying)
  • Event Munchlax with Z Crystal -> Snorlax (Normal)
  • Magearna (Steel/Fairy)
  • Rockruff -> Lycanroc Midday form (Rock) (I do like the Lycanroc Midday form)
  • Jangmo-o -> Hakamo-o -> Kommo-o (Dragon/Fighting)
  • Oricorio (Flying/Fire, Electric, Physic, or Ghost) (I haven't picked which style I can choose?)
  • Alolan Sandshrew -> Alolan Sandslash (Ice/Steel)
  • Wishiwashi (Water)
  • Mimikyu (Ghost/Fairy)
  • Stufful -> Bewear (Normal/Fighting)
  • Greninja -> Ash-Greninja (Water/Dark) (I can get the demo from the 18th
  • One of the in-game gift Pokemon (just like Lucario from X & Y)
  • One of the Legendaries (?)
  • Solgaleo (Steel/Physic)

Not totally sure about it yet?

• Third Trio Legendary (?) (incase if they announce one)
  • Zygarde (Ground/Dragon)
Edited by King Marth 64

Just out of curiosity, why do you call it that? I don't see what it has to do with Hot Topic.

Because it looks kind of like an edgy furry OC. In general it reminds me of some of the stuff Hot Topic sells (use to? I have no idea if it moved past that emo style.)

That being said that's the entire reason I love that thing, lol.

I hate to be THAT guy but is anyone else (presumably some people but I don't have time to read this whole thread) highly underwhelmed with our selection of new Pokes? Of all the new pokemon shown so far, I only like a few of the designs enough to want to include them in my team. In my opinion, the final stages of the starters are the worst of any generation (loved Litten until Wrassle Cat showed up), and if the 'roster' follows the pattern of X/Y, we're going to have less original lines in favor of more mega evolutions and now Aloan forms.

Meh, if I'm honest I'm not 100% feeling it either, but I don't really care either way. My preorder is in so I'm going to give the game a chance. It's still Pokemon, and I'm on a Pokemon high right now.

Because it looks kind of like an edgy furry OC. In general it reminds me of some of the stuff Hot Topic sells (use to? I have no idea if it moved past that emo style.)

Well, Blandy McDog (It's honnestly quite pretty, but...) may be better competitvely, but Edgy Doggy is the one I fell for too.

It examplifies what I love about this gen (expecially for the Moon side, it seems) : Pokémon that have lot of personality. It tries so hard to look dark and cool, I ends up loving it.

I feel the same way towards Skippy the Oranguru or Dartrix. It's not Something we had (or at least not as much) in other generations.

Oh, I see. I guess so. :P

In terms of designs, there's three I absolutely loathe (wrestlercat + Grimer/Muk's new forms, I was never a fan of Grimer line), several I'm "ok" with, and a few I really like (Bounsweet line, Alola Vulpix line, Litten/Torracat (they look like cats, unlike something else...), Silvally, Lunala, Sunabaa/Shirodesuna, Pikipek, Lurantis, Cutiefly line).

I liek day lycanrock

Night lyc design would have worked if its.... bulkier. atm its looks like an underfed dog you just feel bad for it

Nah you're just looking for Keaton.

So far they don't 'wow' me, I'm either indifferent or ok with them.