Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Having done the main portion of the demo, it's about what I expected. A taste and nothing more.

The only two instances were I had issues with frame rate were the first Team Skull fight (I used Nigh Slash and it acted like a 4-player dog pile in Monster Hunter had commenced) and the Totem Pokemon. Whose idea was it to give them that flashy of an aura? Someone who doesn't care for optimization, that's who.

Also... Plumeria's weird suspender things go all the way around her back before attaching to her pants (at least I'd assume, though considering her tattoo goes down far far...). And judging from the way she talks, she seems more like a dainty gal trying to act tough than a genuine thug.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having done the main portion of the demo, it's about what I expected. A taste and nothing more.

The only two instances were I had issues with frame rate were the first Team Skull fight (I used Nigh Slash and it acted like a 4-player dog pile in Monster Hunter had commenced) and the Totem Pokemon. Whose idea was it to give them that flashy of an aura? Someone who doesn't care for optimization, that's who.

Also... Plumeria's weird suspender things go all the way around her back before attaching to her pants (at least I'd assume, though considering her tattoo goes down far far...). And judging from the way she talks, she seems more like a dainty gal trying to act tough than a genuine thug.

I didn't have problems with frame rate?

I didn't have problems with frame rate?

Depends on the 3DS. In normal battles on the 3DS, it's fine, but in doubles, it's pretty bad.

However the New 3DS is pretty good with double battles from my expreience.

Pokefinder is still garbage fps no matter the system.

Glad that HM slaves are gone. I have mixed feelings right now, kinda sad because it was really cool to have Pidgey/Linoone/Tropius/Wailord/BIDOOF and Co. As HM dudes, but happy that this is no longer an issue.

Still I'm going to be using around 4 pokes cuz I don't like having my party stuffed.

Edited by Quintessence

Depends on the 3DS. In normal battles on the 3DS, it's fine, but in doubles, it's pretty bad.

Do we even know if it's that much, or if it's that the aura effect on Totem Pokemon is overkill? That was the obvious issue for me.

Edited by The DanMan

I was gonna say, I have the new 3DS so...

Just finished the demo I have a couple comments the interface in this game is insanely good and moving around feels a lot better and a lot less stiff then it did in X & Y I also appreciate that the game is actually 3-D instead of kind of 3-D but not really.

That being said the lack of any 3-D effect for this game is a massive downside to me (and yes it's been confirmed to extend to the final game as well), because in my opinion it drops the blurriness of 3DS games down by a ton making the game look a lot sharper than it does in trailers. Nope this game is perfectly represented by trailers, I feel kind of gypped buying an actual retail 3DS game without any 3-D effect for $40. It's a lazy to me that Pokémon company/Gamefreak couldn't be bothered to optimize the 3-D instead just opted to not included at all. And yes I understand that the 3-D affected frame rate and that is important but at the very least they should a least enable it for the new 3DS, like Hyrule Warriors does.

I guess this will make this the ideal game for car rides in plane flights though as I guess I never have to worry about whether I want to turn 3D off to save battery. I'm sorry if this sounds a little bit like am whining but it really heavily disappointed me that a first party (well technically second) game opted out of 3-D, especially a big one like this.

Edited by Locke087

Man, I wish the Flareon card a friend gave me a few years ago had art that cute. I mean, it's cute, but that is freaking adorbs.

Yes, yes it is! I think I might go find a card sleeve for it and have it with my costume! If I can find a way to ensure I wouldn't lose it, that is. But I know the store I work at sells card sleeves.

Anyway, that was a fun little demo! I hope the actual game's trials won't be this easy though. That was a little TOO easy. The only big problem I had with it though, was the main character. No, it's not that I was stuck with the male trainer when I'm female. It's that he was practically a robot compared to everyone else. Even when the totem Kamako-o (sp?) came at him, he just looked up still smiling! His facial expression NEVER changed at all. That was just...dumb.

Also, I thought running was supposed to be the normal movement now? I had to press B to run like in previous games. I also noticed that the battle screen didn't ALWAYS show you the effectiveness of each move vs the opponent Pokemon. It only showed it sometimes, even though at least one move was definitely super effective or not so effective. I don't get why this was.

Anyway, that was a fun little demo! I hope the actual game's trials won't be this easy though. That was a little TOO easy. The only big problem I had with it though, was the main character. No, it's not that I was stuck with the male trainer when I'm female. It's that he was practically a robot compared to everyone else. Even when the totem Kamako-o (sp?) came at him, he just looked up still smiling! His facial expression NEVER changed at all. That was just...dumb.

Yeah... hopefully that's just a demo thing. In X and Y the trainer at least looked shocked when the cover legendary started awakening. The PC in the demo feels like a step backwards, while everyone else has gone a step forward.

I'm actually thinking of naming my character Lunes, since I'm getting Moon. Anyone else doing something like this?

Yeah... hopefully that's just a demo thing. In X and Y the trainer at least looked shocked when the cover legendary started awakening. The PC in the demo feels like a step backwards, while everyone else has gone a step forward.

I'm actually thinking of naming my character Lunes, since I'm getting Moon. Anyone else doing something like this?

I agree, I really hope that's a demo thing, because I don't want to look at a constantly smiling trainer even when she definitely should be super shocked or something! xP It's a bit creepy, to be honest. I believe I do remember the player character looking surprised when UB-01 came out of the portal in the one trailer though, so there's hope.

And that's not a bad idea! I think I'll name my trainer Celestia after a certain MLP character whose main thing is the sun. XD I'm going to play Sun, after all!

Edited by Anacybele

Cute idea, but... probably not for me. I'll just be lazy and name it after myself... lol

Yes, yes it is! I think I might go find a card sleeve for it and have it with my costume! If I can find a way to ensure I wouldn't lose it, that is. But I know the store I work at sells card sleeves.

Also, I thought running was supposed to be the normal movement now? I had to press B to run like in previous games. I also noticed that the battle screen didn't ALWAYS show you the effectiveness of each move vs the opponent Pokemon. It only showed it sometimes, even though at least one move was definitely super effective or not so effective. I don't get why this was.

Ash from GameXplain confirmed in their most recent discussion video that he was incorrect in what he said there, and that you do still need to hold B to run, although you don't need to wait until you get the Running Shoes.

Also, the battle screen only shows the effectiveness of moves after you've fought the opposing Pokemon at least once.

Ash from GameXplain confirmed in their most recent discussion video that he was incorrect in what he said there, and that you do still need to hold B to run, although you don't need to wait until you get the Running Shoes.

Also, the battle screen only shows the effectiveness of moves after you've fought the opposing Pokemon at least once.

Wow, his name is Ash. lol He's right at home with Ash-Greninja! XD

Anyway, I see, thanks for clarifying.

I've decided to give my character a Hawaiian name that has something to do with the sun. It's basically my trend, where my Y trainer had a name that began with Y and my AS trainer had a name that was a shade of blue (but still passable as a name).

If it's worth anything, one of the Japanese trailers showed the Male trainer watching in awe as UB-01 appears. His mouth is wide open with I believe Lusamine and Hau watching too.

So yeah, them being humans is deconfirmed. Totally explains the shiny sprites I guess.

But the question is, will they be considered Pokemon, or something else entirely?

And thinking about it, while it is sad that the Ultra Beasts lose their mystery, maybe it's a good thing that you are able to catch the Ultra Beasts.

Why? Think about it, what is one of the biggest charms of Pokemon? The fact that all Pokemon are playable. You see this new cool Pokemon and think "I want one!". And you CAN catch it! It's not something impossible. There is a way to raise and battle all Pokemon.

There are many monster raising games that have creatures that you can never raise. But Pokemon is different. If that creature exists, you can catch it!

So I think it would be little unfair to the people that honestly like the Ultra Beasts to not be able to catch them.

It would go against what Pokemon is all about.

But the question is, will they be considered Pokemon, or something else entirely?

And thinking about it, while it is sad that the Ultra Beasts lose their mystery, maybe it's a good thing that you are able to catch the Ultra Beasts.

Why? Think about it, what is one of the biggest charms of Pokemon? The fact that all Pokemon are playable. You see this new cool Pokemon and think "I want one!". And you CAN catch it! It's not something impossible. There is a way to raise and battle all Pokemon.

There are many monster raising games that have creatures that you can never raise. But Pokemon is different. If that creature exists, you can catch it!

So I think it would be little unfair to the people that honestly like the Ultra Beasts to not be able to catch them.

It would go against what Pokemon is all about.

Plot twist: UB are pokemon from another universe. Calling it.

Also yeah to that stuff. I've played some digimon games so I kinda know how it feels to want use a mon but can't because the game says I can't. I also really want mosquitbro.

Found a use for the D-pad. You can shortcut Pokerides to the 4 buttons.

Edited by Konnor97

I've decided to give my character a Hawaiian name that has something to do with the sun. It's basically my trend, where my Y trainer had a name that began with Y and my AS trainer had a name that was a shade of blue (but still passable as a name).

is your AS trainer's name Cyan, for instance?

So yeah, them being humans is deconfirmed. Totally explains the shiny sprites I guess.

The meltdowns are because of excessive theories among it, basically. Can't agree anymore with what Water Mage said, but I do wonder what is their distinctive trait besides being UB