Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*May. Also, can't wait to see what they've got.

April? Do you mean May?

Oops. May-be it was a mistake, May-be it was...

I'll stop.

Probably the starers and the legendaries.

With how close we are to the release date, the small amount of information we have is strange.

I kinda prefer it that way, really. X and Y had just about every single new pokemon revealed pre-release, and they pretty much showed off ORAS's everything before it came out. Hopefully this means that once they do start revealing info on a regular basis it will be less than with those two games.

Oops. May-be it was a mistake, May-be it was...

I'll stop.

I kinda prefer it that way, really. X and Y had just about every single new pokemon revealed pre-release, and they pretty much showed off ORAS's everything before it came out. Hopefully this means that once they do start revealing info on a regular basis it will be less than with those two games.

Good point.

Unless they reveal everything at once, we probably won't get a lot of information until the game is out.

There is very little time between now and the game's release, so we most likely won't get the same amount of information about Sun and Moon compared to X and Y.

There's just not enough time.

Edited by Water Mage

I want to see the legendaries and/or box mascots because seeing these ugly fake ones is just making me go "ugh, please let me see the real ones and make them better than all this garbage."

I mean, the fakes I saw that were supposed to be legendary "horses" for example looked nothing like horses to me. And why do the main legendaries have to be a similar species? X and Y just gave us a bird and a deer, people.

Edited by Anacybele

I want to see the legendaries and/or box mascots because seeing these ugly fake ones is just making me go "ugh, please let me see the real ones and make them better than all this garbage."

I mean, the fakes I saw that were supposed to be legendary "horses" for example looked nothing like horses to me. And why do the main legendaries have to be a similar species? X and Y just gave us a bird and a deer, people.

They're actually more eagle and stag. Those two species are connected to Norse's great tree Yggdrasil. Zygarde is too because it's Nidhoggr. The connection is indeed there.

I just want them to reveal the starters already. I saw a really good piece of fan-art, and now I want to see if the actual starters look half as decent. Plus it'd give the added benefit of no longer seeing "leaks" of starters that were designed by some edgy 13 year old.

Cover legendaries (and the covers themselves) along with starters I consider to be shoe-ins, with CoroCoro following up with slightly more detail whenever it comes out.

They're actually more eagle and stag. Those two species are connected to Norse's great tree Yggdrasil. Zygarde is too because it's Nidhoggr. The connection is indeed there.

Uh, an eagle IS a bird. And Yveltal doesn't look like one to me. I can't really tell what kind of bird it looks like, to be honest, but I don't see eagle in it. And I thought a stag was a kind of deer. And where are you getting the idea that there's a connection to a tree? The only one of the two that has a connection to a tree is Xerneas (since it turns into one after it gives away its life energy). If memory serves, Yveltal turns into some kind of cocoon. Zygarde is a snake and I don't remember it having a connection to a tree either. What are you talking about here?

Also, this is completely beside the point anyway. I'm saying I'd like more legendary duos that aren't the same species, that's all.

Uh, an eagle IS a bird. And Yveltal doesn't look like one to me. I can't really tell what kind of bird it looks like, to be honest, but I don't see eagle in it. And I thought a stag was a kind of deer. And where are you getting the idea that there's a connection to a tree? The only one of the two that has a connection to a tree is Xerneas (since it turns into one after it gives away its life energy). If memory serves, Yveltal turns into some kind of cocoon. Zygarde is a snake and I don't remember it having a connection to a tree either. What are you talking about here?

Also, this is completely beside the point anyway. I'm saying I'd like more legendary duos that aren't the same species, that's all.

Uh, Xerneas looks very deer like (a stag is an adult male deer: see bambi's pa). . Yveltal might not particularly resemble an eagle, but come on, it's a legendary pokemon, they're gonna make it look pretty exotic. It does have a huge wingspan.

The connection is to yggdrassil, a tree in norse mythology. The eagle, stag, and serpent are legendary creatures living in/around the tree. I think the eagle lives in the canopy of the tree and the serpent gnaws at the roots. I actually never knew about the deer, which eats the leaves of the tree.

Yeah, I SAID Xerneas looks like a deer... And actually, an adult male deer is a buck. A stag, I believe, is like a subspecies of deer.

But now I see, that's a better explanation. Still, I'd like to see more legendary duos/trios that aren't all based off the same species.

Edited by Anacybele

not only are the three legends of x and y already based in Norse myths, the three Zygarde forms are Norse too

Zygarde 10% is Fenrir

Zygarde 50% is Jormungandr

Perfect Zygarde is Hel

Why have two words for the exact same thing? English confuses me sometimes. :/ I've always known male deer to be bucks, I've never heard them called stags until today.

Buck also refers to some other animals like the definition I posted presents, so why couldn't it just be for those animals while stag is only for deer?

We're getting off topic, though. It looks like I'll be home from work just in time to see what Sun/Moon news comes up on Tuesday. Sweet.

Edited by Anacybele

Same with buck, it also refers to other male species of animals.

The English language is a confusing mess xp

Two more days of waiting asdfasgafg

While we wait for the news, here are some more trademarked names:

ソレガレオ (SOREGAREO / SOLGALEO) - Sun Legendary

ルナアーラ (RUNAAARA / LUNAALA) - Moon Legendary

マーシャドー (MAASHADOO / MARSHADOW) - Trio Leader, Probably Eclipse Legendary due to "Shadow"

モクロー (MOKUROO / MOKUROH) - Grass Owl

ニャビー (NYABII / NYABBY) - Fire Feline

アシマリ (ASHIMARI) - Water Seal

Remember to take this with a grain of salt, it could be all fake.