Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (releases on the 4th!)

Anacybele

Favorite TP Dungeon  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which of TP's dungeons is your favorite?

• Forest Temple
    • Goron Mines
    • Lakebed Temple
    • Arbiter's Grounds
    • Snowpeak Ruins
    • Temple of Time
    • City in the Sky
    • Palace of Twilight
    • Hyrule Castle

Hah, I remember when my husband was replaying/100%ing GC TP a few months ago and he kept going back to find treasure chests that contained rupees that he couldn't carry because his wallet was full. He ended up just wearing the Magic Armor whenever he came across a rupee chest just to make sure he wouldn't miss anything. :P

For me, over the long holiday break, I completed the Goron Mines and made it up to Lake Hylia. Castle Town kind of annoyingly messes with my head because I can't orient myself properly, but I'll get used to it again eventually.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, especially because I fail at the Cave of Shadows, apparently... I unlocked the third challenge, but couldn't complete it. Even with two heals via my Wolf Link and Zelda Amiibo. -_- That Colossal Wallet would be handy for the Cave of Ordeals because Magic Armor.

Oh, I also cleared the Twilight Palace, though. Man I'll never not be weirded out by Zant's crazy weirdness.

Edited by Anacybele

It amazes me just how much shit you can get as early as possible. I mean, I had almost all of the bugs by like, before the Lakebed Temple, which I didn't think could be done, I had a ton of pieces of heart (only missed one so far, and that's in the Sacred Grove as Wolf Link), I found like, 29 poes before heading off to the Desert, so pretty much RIGHT AFTER I unlocked the ability to obtain them...man, it's just crazy. Hell, I didn't even know you could get every single bomb bag AND the upgrade pretty much all at once once you get bombs.

What? You couldn't have had most of the bugs before the Lakebed Temple. That's impossible. Several bugs require the Clawshot to reach and four of them are in areas you can't access yet (Gerudo Desert and the Sacred Grove/Temple of Time).

Still, I do agree that you can get a lot of stuff kind of early in this game regardless. Kinda crazy, yeah. I haven't yet gone to Hyrule Castle. I want to find the rest of the stamps first. I have like 38 or something like that. I did take a peek at a TP HD guide at Walmart, but obviously I'm not going to memorize even that whole list of stamps. XD I would've just bought it, but I was already spending a lot of money on other stuff, mostly necessities, so I passed up on it for now. I'll get it eventually, as it wouldn't hurt to replace my old Wii TP guide (and I like collecting strategy guides). For now, I'll just look at an online guide if one exists. I'm not really sure where to look for the remaining stamps right now other than Hyrule Castle itself. xP

I am not counting the Sacred Grove, nor the Gerudo desert, since I couldn't access them. However, I do consider twenty out of twenty-four to be "most". I had twenty bugs before the Lakebed Temple using the boomerang for those that I supposedly "needed" the clawshot for.

Edited by Dai

I figured, since both clawshot and boomerang worked on rupees, it'd work out. The targeting reticle changes when you pass over an insect, much like the clawshot does.

I think the HD version would definitely fix the darkness of the game, and the gritty textures that the Gamecube ran in.

I thought that the entire point of the game was to be dark and gritty...

Oh. I didn't know the boomerang could be used to get them...

The only downside is that the boomerang can blow the bugs fairly far away from Link, and of course it is a little finicky to pick them up instead of roll. Whereas the clawshot tends to place the bug right in front of Link with a much shorter window for them to flutter away. And like Dai, I had nearly all the bugs by Lakebed except the ones in the Sacred Grove and Gerudo Desert. They always come in pairs so when you hear one, there's always going to be another close by. And generally speaking there's only 1 pair per map. They did design the bugs to be found fairly early as they lock wallet upgrades behind them, whereas the poes are the more involved hunt since there's just so many of them.

I never really had a problem with the bugs being blown off from me whilst using the boomerang. I got them all though...for some reason, I thought the Giant Wallet was 5,000 rupees, not 2,000. That's still double the original game, but still. XD At least there's the colossal wallet to look forward to, though it kind of sucks that I have to wait until after the Twilight Realm. That's just a bit silly.

Man, it's a good thing I decided to wait a bit before going ahead and just going crazy with stamp-collecting. There's just so many, it's hard to believe how easy it is to pass them up...and I never would have imagined the game had all of these grottos.

Edited by Dai

I've only found two lengthy caves... One in Lake Hylia and one in the area south of Kakariko. I don't count the icy cave in the north field as lengthy. xP

Was Shad supposed to mark my map? He said he did, but didn't.

Edit: Oh...I see them, now. They're flags instead of red circles.

Edited by Dai

Yeah, TP HD has flags for objective map markers instead of circles like the original game had. The HD map also shows you a few other things that the original game didn't, namely horsegrass locations and game/attraction/collector locations. Collectors as in Agitha for the bugs and Jovani for the Poe souls. Then it also shows the place you last saved at (marked by a white double circle). The original game's map didn't show any of these things from what I remember.

Ohhhhh... so THAT's what those double circle things mean. Both hubby and I were trying to figure it out and had no clue. I guess I don't save frequently enough for me to have made the connection.

I also really appreciate the horse grass markers. I already find myself using Epona more than I did previously.

It took me a little time to figure it out myself lol. I guess I save more often than you. XD

And yeah, I'm using Epona more too now that I'm not spending a bunch of time trying to find horsegrass and wishing I got the horse call earlier.

Gotta admit, it's nice that they give you some orange rupees when you find those owl statues. I abused the magic armor for kicks, seeing as I'm going to have all sixty poes soon enough. XD

Edit: Just found out that you don't need to talk to Midna to warp, either. Just go to your map and turn on the portals.

Dang, with all these streamlines, speedrunners are going to have a field day with this game.

Edited by Dai

Edit: Just found out that you don't need to talk to Midna to warp, either. Just go to your map and turn on the portals.

Dang, with all these streamlines, speedrunners are going to have a field day with this game.

You can do that in the original as well.

edit: I doubting myself for some reason. Lemme boot it up and check...

edit2: Unfounded doubts. ...Also, I was running around ingame for 15 or so seconds while holding the disc in my hands. Er, one hand. Usually it's about 3 seconds before "please insert the disc". I'm freaked out.

Edited by Tsamimi

Wierd. =\ I never knew that. Didn't think to try it, I guess.

Also, sorely disappointed. Thought Gengle gave you a Silver Rupee every single time you talked to him. He only gives it to you if you run out. What the hell?

It'd be kinda broken if there was an unlimited source of Rupees

Not that you'd need it, the only games where rupees are kinda useful are ST, ALBW, TFH and the original GCN version of TWW.

Okay maybe I should rephrase, these are the games where rupees are needed most (ST = train upgrades, ALBW = RAVIO, TFH = Store guy and Madame Couture, TWW GCN = Tingle's hefty fees that you must pay five more times than on Wii).

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Not that you'd need it, the only games where rupees are kinda useful are ST, ALBW, TFH and the original GCN version of TWW.

Okay maybe I should rephrase, these are the games where rupees are needed most (ST = train upgrades, ALBW = RAVIO, TFH = Store guy and Madame Couture, TWW GCN = Tingle's hefty fees that you must pay five more times than on Wii).

Rupees are also pretty important in Link's Awakening. I think the bow costs 6 or 700 rupees?

Actually, it costs 980. Or, you can pay your dignity for it and become a THIEF!

Don't try this IRL. If the shopkeeper kills you, you won't respawn!

Edited by Zera

Fun fact: In Link to the Past, you only need 710 rupees in order to beat the game without glitches. 500 to buy the Flippers, 10+100 to get Kiki the monkey to open the Dark Palace for you, and 100 to buy the Big Bomb for the Fairy Fountain in the Pyramid. Everything else is not required or can be gotten through different ways.

Fun fact: In Link to the Past, you only need 710 rupees in order to beat the game without glitches. 500 to buy the Flippers, 10+100 to get Kiki the monkey to open the Dark Palace for you, and 100 to buy the Big Bomb for the Fairy Fountain in the Pyramid. Everything else is not required or can be gotten through different ways.

Where'd you learn that? What Zelda game requires the most rupees?