Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (releases on the 4th!)

Anacybele

Favorite TP Dungeon  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which of TP's dungeons is your favorite?

• Forest Temple
    • Goron Mines
    • Lakebed Temple
    • Arbiter's Grounds
    • Snowpeak Ruins
    • Temple of Time
    • City in the Sky
    • Palace of Twilight
    • Hyrule Castle

No, it uses the gamepad. You can manage your items on the touchscreen a la OoT 3D. It can also use the Pro controller though.

And it's not mirrored, yeah. I'm getting confused every now and then because I was used to the Wii version. :P

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a comprehensive list, bah.

I...didn't even notice the lack of heatwave. Now that I know, I can say it was definitely missing, but, that's retroactively. FOR SHAME.

I did notice the glow from the lava is still there. :D

Yup. This is how it originally was in Twilight Princess anyway on the Wii, but with the HD resolution it's even easier to get a precise shot. It's just better than 1st person even if Link is hanging out in the corner, due to that targeting reticle showing you exactly where your arrow is going to hit.

Ah, the Wii version. Well that's rather neat that we have both now.

I really like how the bow aims in the GCN version. Feels natural to me. :3 Glad to have a choice.

Edit: For Epona control woes, apparently diagonals just don't do anything. When dashing, you're best off hitting a hard left or right to make her go in the direction you want.

This advice is unbelievably helpful, thank you.

The difference is I actually played through the GCN version again a few months ago

Whoa, me too. Go us.

You aren't alone in the "feeling like an idiot" department. I got stuck on the tree going out of Ordon the very first time. >_>;

Edited by Tsamimi

No, it uses the gamepad. You can manage your items on the touchscreen a la OoT 3D. It can also use the Pro controller though.

And it's not mirrored, yeah. I'm getting confused every now and then because I was used to the Wii version. :P

Apparently, Hero uses Wii's overworld

Apparently, Hero uses Wii's overworld

Well, Master Quest in OoT 3D was also mirrored. So there is probably no greater significance to it.

But it is a little unfortunate for me that Hero is mirrored. Back then I was was wondering if it might be worth it to play the Gamecube version in addition to the Wii version. I never did but now I am tempted to buy the HD remake if it's like the GC version and not like the Wii one. But if there is a hero mode, I see little reason to play anything else.

Edited by BrightBow

Okay, I definitely don't remember these bow guys being on Death Mountain before...

I'm surprised anyone's having trouble with Epona, I found her a lot easier to handle now. I ran into walls and such all the time in the original game. Not so much in this one.

Okay, I definitely don't remember these bow guys being on Death Mountain before...

Where exactly on Death Mountain? The only ones I recall are by the howling stone, and those guys are there in the GCN version.

What are the stopwatches on the map?

I don't understand why some of the gray boulders were turned brown while others were left alone. It's stupid. The brown landscape is for the Death Mountain area so why are there random brown boulders elsewhere, conspicuous amongst the gray landscape? The gray boulders stick out perfectly well without being completely stupid. West of Hyrule Castle, the path with the spinner tracks is blocked on the south end by now-brown boulders and on the north end by gray boulders. THIS makes no fucking sense. *sigh* Make secret/special areas easier to spot? Learn to read a map. Besides, if you miss it, that's per normal; these special things are for when you are actually paying close attention to your surroundings, not for when you're flying by and "LOOK HERE FUNNY COLORS". Fuck.

/rant

The adventure contintues...

-The boulder blocking the cave near Eldin Spring now leaves climbable rubble.

-I have to say it again: the twilight is NOT the same without the surreal haze. Looks too ordinary now. Lake Hylia, what the hell. /complain

-I keep hitting the wrong button to dig. >_<

-Did anyone mention the objective flags?

-Tears of light. The one to the rear of Fyer's cannon is gone. The one...south of the Lake Hylia warp portal, dunno how else to explain it, is gone. Still at Lake Hylia, there is a new spot: right beside the ladder. At Zora's Domain, the one in the corridor way up on the west side is gone. Weren't there two--not one--in the middle of the water in Zora's domain? Three out of four, where's the other missing one?

-Trip to Kakariko. Once again, craptastic Epona controls result in copious amounts of yelling and profanity.

-The silver rupee falls faster out of the bell atop Kakariko's sanctuary.

-Weren't the gorons involved with the magic armor quest out here before going to the water temple? I swear I dumped my rupees before going...

-Caught the bottle at the fishing hole on the first try!

-GODDAMNIT Rollgoal uses motion controls!

I'm gonna be here at Rollgoal a while...

edit: Wait, turn off motion controls in the options! YAAAAY! :D

Edited by Tsamimi

Wow, chill. :/ It's dumb to get angry over boulder colors.

I did notice the objective flags, interesting. Also got a stamp. Was wondering when I'd find one. I think I missed something in the Forest Temple now. xP

Wow, chill. :/ It's dumb to get angry over boulder colors.

I did notice the objective flags, interesting. Also got a stamp. Was wondering when I'd find one. I think I missed something in the Forest Temple now. xP

I regret ranting. Apologies.

Honestly, now that I've calmed down I think the boulders might stick out so much just because of the color/lighting/texture changes.

And yes there is a stamp in Forest Temple. :P

edit: I just found...a beehive with bees SWARMING over it... Ewwwwww. Were they always like this? D:

Next up...

-Swimming controls. The camera responds differently, doesn't follow you. A bit of a pain in the ass. The startup is faster, very nice.

-I wish this huge aquatic ring-area in Lakebed Temple served some sort of purpose...

-The poe in Jovani's house got knocked through the wall... It floated back, but... Whoa.

-Going through the old waterway, there was a useless torch after the second web. It's gone now. Am I'm imagining things?

-Is it just me or does the first round of the STAR game have less orbs and less time?

-Link's sword still hits and bounces off some things. In Lakebed Temple, the platforms hanging by chains...you can "hit" the chains--it makes a sound and sparks fly but it doesn't interupt your swing. The rock circles in various places...they still interupt your swing. Very jarring that some things can be swung through but not others.

That's it for today.

Edited by Tsamimi

Thought so, but it looks like I can't go to the necessary rooms again without a Clawshot. Monkeys left. Though it would make sense, the monkeys got no reason to hang around there anymore. Heh, hang around, that was good. XD They hang on the ropes to let you swing across gaps when you first go through it. :P

And I'm heading to the Lakebed Temple next as soon as I help Ralis and get Water Bombs.

Skyward Sword did the Clawshots better, though, man. You get both at the same time there, unlike in this game. Though you still get them kinda late...

-The poe in Jovani's house got knocked through the wall... It floated back, but... Whoa.

This happened to me with a random poe in a cave. I panicked, thought I'd have to reset the area, but it fixed itself right quick.

That reminds me, I'm annoyed that Wolf Link STILL can't use the ending blow on anything but Poes. IT MAKES NO SENSE. And I hate knocking an enemy on the ground as Wolf Link and having to wait for it to get back up to finish it. -_-

What would the animation be though? Ripping the enemy's heart out (since that's basically what he does to Poe Souls)? ...That's kinda disgusting.

I agree it's annoying though.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Seriously? I still think Epona controls are much better now. I'm no longer suddenly making a sharp right/left into a wall just by slightly pushing the stick to the right/left. I really hated this.

Why am I the only person who likes the new Epona controls? I don't understand this at all...

Edited by Anacybele

I actually did a playthrough of TP sometime last year, and though my memory of it is kind of vague, I still remember running into walls with Epona a lot more often than I am in the HD game.

Seriously? I still think Epona controls are much better now. I'm no longer suddenly making a sharp right/left into a wall just by slightly pushing the stick to the right/left. I really hated this.

Why am I the only person who likes the new Epona controls? I don't understand this at all...

In the GC/Wii version the controls were pretty much analog. Now it's like they took out the diagonals and you have to do a sharp turn left/right just to steer slightly to the side.

They're not unplayable, but they're very unintuitive.

Edited by Jave

I googled a bit and someone recommended steering using the right stick. Maybe redirecting the camera redirects epona.

I haven't played hd yet.

. It does. Basically they just reengineered the controls and people familiar with Zelda games in the past are finding the controls to be less intuitive. If only I had known the whole no diagonals thing for the King Bulbin joust before it would have been much easier. Instead, it was super frustrating. However the second time around was easier other than Epona getting caught on the corner of a ledge unable to move for about 10 seconds.

In the GC/Wii version the controls were pretty much analog. Now it's like they took out the diagonals and you have to do a sharp turn left/right just to steer slightly to the side.

They're not unplayable, but they're very unintuitive.

I noticed, but somehow it still helped me more than hurt me. Oh well...

I did have trouble in the second King Bulbin joust, but that was because I sucked at being accurate with the bow for some reason, not because of Epona.

On another note, I GOT TO THE VERY TOP OF THE ISLE OF RICHES IN LAKE HYLIA IN ONE TRY, HOLY SHIT. :D I mean the TOP top too, as in the tiny spinning platform! So I just walked away with a piece of heart, a stamp, and a big chunk of rupees, aw yeah!

I always found even the piece of heart to be really hard to get to, much less the orange rupee on the spinning platform! It always took me a lot of tries before! Anyone else get it all?

Random stuff.

-Found a chest in Lake Hylia's shallow waters that I never knew was there. It has a stamp.

-I didn't realize the chest on the revolving platform on the Isle of Riches reset itself. Cheat.

-WolfLink can destroy torches?!

-I like this minimap poe count so far.

-It's kind of silly you can't use the left stick to move around while in first-person PoV.

-The buttons for the collection screen and item screen are backwards to the GCN version so I keep opening the wrong menu...

Anyone else get it all?

Not to rain on your parade but it's pretty easy to do.

While we're on this topic: how many people use the windguage thingamabob to stop the rotating platform? I don't; I find it easier when it's rotating. :v