Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (releases on the 4th!)

Anacybele

Favorite TP Dungeon  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which of TP's dungeons is your favorite?

• Forest Temple
    • Goron Mines
    • Lakebed Temple
    • Arbiter's Grounds
    • Snowpeak Ruins
    • Temple of Time
    • City in the Sky
    • Palace of Twilight
    • Hyrule Castle

Yeah, he does look more light blonde there. Although, Nintendo has that habit too, making some Links more regular blonde (like OoT Link and Toon Link) and other Links more dirty blonde (TP Link and SS Link). Funny thing is though, the original Link from the first two Zelda games had brown hair, and no Link has had that since.

Well, that can be justified by the fact they are separate individuals and about all they share is fashion sense.

Yeah he definitely looks lighter blond (blond? blonde? never knew the difference) there than in the actual game. That's not a bad thing though, and honestly I probably wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't pointed it out :3

Personally I think it helps further ties to OoT, which is welcome since TP Link and OoT Link are distantly related and that helps show that I guess. But yeah, I approve of their decision to lighten his hair.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did found someone sent the image to GameXplain that he encountered a glitch that have Link and Epona went off the map and looks like they're floating in thin air. He said that he was running on the bridge and he accidentally went went though. Does anyone know is that glitch still used in the original copies also, I haven't finished the original Wii version yet?

I never encountered any glitches in any of my playthroughs of Twilight Princess, and I 100%ed it.

Yeah, he does look more light blonde there. Although, Nintendo has that habit too, making some Links more regular blonde (like OoT Link and Toon Link) and other Links more dirty blonde (TP Link and SS Link). Funny thing is though, the original Link from the first two Zelda games had brown hair, and no Link has had that since.

Don't forget that LttP Link had pink hair.

Two people who are related don't need to have the same hair color, you know. Hell, I don't even share either of my parents' hair colors.

Oh I know, my mom's blonde, but this is fiction land and sharing hair color helps emphasize that stuff.

I never encountered any glitches in any of my playthroughs of Twilight Princess, and I 100%ed it.

Don't forget that LttP Link had pink hair.

Only in the graphics/sprite. In official art and whatnot, he did not have pink hair.

http://zeldawiki.org/images/c/cd/Lttp_Link.png

Yup yup

I never encountered any glitches in any Zelda games before myself (unless you count that time I got Link and Epona stuck in a fence in OoT once... I still have no idea how that happened), but that doesn't mean the glitches aren't there.

And yeah, ALttP Link only had pink hair in the game due to the SNES's color limits.

I've pulled off some glitches on purpose in the past

Speaking of, I'm thinking of testing if Early Master Sword still works, but before I do that, has it been confirmed if it's around or not?

Twilight Princess had a large amount of blur or bloom lighting, which was used to cover up any lack of detail. In TPHD, the effect is reduced to show the models more clearly, but this also reduces the game's hazy, dreamlike aesthetic and makes the polygons easier to see, showing more of the game's age. At least, that's what I've heard. In any case, I'm sure the improved textures will make up for it.

Also, they added a ton of bloom lighting to Wind Waker HD where there was originally none. It really doesn't mesh well with the otherwise solid blocks of color that were easy on the eyes.

wind-waker-wii-u-comparison-screenshot.p

Thankfully, they toned it down before release, but I really think there shouldn't be any at all.

Edited by Zera

Could just be the HD version, but I found one in the large cave area in Lake Hylia. I accidentally threw a bomb towards a wall in the cave, and it went right through. If we are talking about the original, then I can't recall ever seeing a glitch.

Aside from that, I noticed that hitting any wall texture doesn't bounce Link's sword back like the original version, now his sword just cuts through as if it wasn't there.

Also worth mentioning is that the opening of the HD version no longer has that cinematic after the title screen that the original GameCube and Wii versions had. Kind of a shame, I used to love watching it.

Edited by DragonLord

Aside from that, I noticed that hitting any wall texture doesn't bounce Link's sword back like the original version, now his sword just cuts through as if it wasn't there.

Really? That sounds very bad.

Sounds helpful to me. Trying to cut the massive amounts of grass by the gate to Faron Woods becomes a chore when you accidentally get too close to the walls. I like chopping grass, shut up. >///<

But...it's damn weird the sword goes right through a wall. Or a rock or whatever.

OK then, guess I'm NOT getting TP HD!

@Anacybele: Why'd you make poll votes private? I wanna see who else voted for Snowpeak Ruins.

Sounds helpful to me. Trying to cut the massive amounts of grass by the gate to Faron Woods becomes a chore when you accidentally get too close to the walls. I like chopping grass, shut up. >///<

But...it's damn weird the sword goes right through a wall. Or a rock or whatever.

Yeah, but bouncing off walls and listening to the noise it makes is classic hidden wall finding tactics in 3D Zelda. It's weird to just have Link clip right through and not react.

Also I've had some shadows glitch out when near corners. The models are lit but not as dramatically as WW, since the characters also glow to keep in the theme of a "light world". Also had some instances where Link's ground shadow wasn't visible from all that far away from the ground, making it kinda painful to gauge some drop downs. However I haven't run into anything game breaking, just annoyances like Epona getting stuck on a corner pixel for a good long while. I remember OoT3D had that infinite pieces of heart glitch from the Gravedigging tour.

OK then, guess I'm NOT getting TP HD!

@Anacybele: Why'd you make poll votes private? I wanna see who else voted for Snowpeak Ruins.

That was me.

I remember OoT3D had that infinite pieces of heart glitch from the Gravedigging tour.

What happens when the life maxes?

I wanted to, but you can't make the votes public anymore. I know you used to, but I can no longer find the option.

Edited by Anacybele

I wanted to, but you can't make the votes public anymore. I know you used to, but I can no longer find the option.

It's because people already voted. It can't be changed now that has happened.