Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (releases on the 4th!)

Anacybele

Favorite TP Dungeon  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which of TP's dungeons is your favorite?

• Forest Temple
    • Goron Mines
    • Lakebed Temple
    • Arbiter's Grounds
    • Snowpeak Ruins
    • Temple of Time
    • City in the Sky
    • Palace of Twilight
    • Hyrule Castle

Designing a good puzzle that is intuitive but still challenging is actually difficult even if you have building blocks set in front of you. Just like map design in Advance Wars is still very difficult even when the game hands you a toolbox with all the pieces, you always need to consider how placing one part is going to impact how it plays. OoT Master Quest is a very different game from OoT despite sharing the bones. The overworld is the same but the Deku Tree went from being a 10 minute romp to a good 30+ mins with a lot more combat and traps to contend with like fire keese before you get a durable shield. Jabu Jabu's belly is all about bizarre cow switches and barely involves Ruto anymore. Things like that need a lot of planning to surprise people who have played the original game to death.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I don't think it's that hard. Nintendo's really creative. I mean, like you said, they came up with that cow weirdness.

They aren't say it's hard to make new dungeons.

They're saying it's time consuming to essentially remake dungeons.

havin' fun so far

Well of course you are. After all, Twilight Princess is awesome. My favorite dungeon is Snowpeak Ruins. Just the whole thing is great. I love using the Ball and Chain to destroy everything - it's so empowering.

Well of course you are. After all, Twilight Princess is awesome. My favorite dungeon is Snowpeak Ruins. Just the whole thing is great. I love using the Ball and Chain to destroy everything - it's so empowering.

TP is my... fifth, sixth, or seventh favorite Zelda game. After TWW, ALBW, MM, PH, and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe TMC and ST (love ST's dungeons but the flute may die in a fire).

My favorite dungeon in TP was probably Snowpeak Ruins, yeah. I just loved the atmosphere of the place, it's probably my second favorite ice dungeon after ALBW Ice Ruins.

That's like literally the only ice it has. Also, I don't like ice dungeons, I'm glad SS doesn't have one. Also, Snowpeak Ruins sucks. I really didn't enjoy it at all. Ball and Chain is fun though.

TP is like my fifth favorite too. SS, TMC, FSA, ALttP, then probably TP. It's a good game, just not OMG incredible, imo,

Edited by Anacybele

That's like literally the only ice it has. Also, I don't like ice dungeons, I'm glad SS doesn't have one. Also, Snowpeak Ruins sucks. I really didn't enjoy it at all.

Wow, savage, talking to an ice fan like that. Well, my least favorite dungeon in SS was Fire Sanctuary, because it just felt like the Earth Temple with new wallpaper to me.

I too am glad that SS had no ice dungeon because I don't like ice dungeons

SS is also my favorite Zelda

As for TPHD, I'm sure I'll get this eventually, but a convention I need to go to for a school club is literally 200 dollars as after that Kirby and Paper Mario are more pressing matters.

Looks good! Still wish it had a rearranged soundtrack like WWHD tho

Wow, savage, talking to an ice fan like that. Well, my least favorite dungeon in SS was Fire Sanctuary, because it just felt like the Earth Temple with new wallpaper to me.

Boo hoo. I was stating my honest opinion, nothing more. And that's fine, you can dislike that dungeon if you want.

Arbiter's Grounds is best TP dungeon to me. Best dungeon in the series, in fact! Also has the best boss battle!

Edited by Anacybele

I actually agree Fire Sanctuary just kind of felt like a worse Earth Temple, but to be fair the Earth Temple was REALLY good. Twilight Princess also has neat dungeons but it's a shame the parts in between have such poor pacing. It's why TP sits below LBW, OoT, WW and MM in my head but I would rather replay it over some of the older 2D Zelda games.

As a huge fan of Twilight Princess, I got this game. Partly because I'm intrigued by how the Wolf Link Amiibo will work with Zelda Wii U, and partly so that I can play Twilight Princess without having to plug my Wii or Gamecube in to play the Gamecube version (I blew a fuse a few months ago from having all my consoles plugged in, so these days I only keep one console, usually my Wii U, plugged in at a time to cause a lot less strain).

Also, I just want to say that, even though I usually dislike ice dungeons, Snowpeak Ruins is the one exception based on its incredibly unique design. In fact, Twilight Princess probably has the best dungeons in the series (at least in my opinion). With the exception of the Lakebed Temple. Though, to be fair, water dungeons are almost always the worst and the Lakebed Temple is possibly the least bad of its type.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

Ocarina of Time

Inside the Deku Tree

Dodongo's Cavern

Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly

Forest Temple

Fire Temple

Ice Cavern (Mini-dungeon)

Water Temple

Bottom of the Well (Mini-dungeon)

Gerudo's Training Ground (Mini-dungeon)

Shadow Temple

Spirit Temple

Inside Ganon's Castle

Total dungeons: 10.5 (9 dungeons and 3 mini-dungeons)

Twilight Princess

Forest Temple

Goron Mines

Lakebed Temple

Arbiter's Grounds

Snowpeak Ruins

Temple of Time

City in the Sky

Palace of Twilight

Hyrule Castle

Total dungeons: 9

As you can see, there is slightly more dungeon in OoT. I'm surprised it hasn't been succeeded yet, but if the dungeons in TP are bigger I might be wrong.

Edited by Zera

Mini-dungeons don't count. They're not full dungeons. So as you can see, OoT has the same number of dungeons. Besides, I meant regular dungeons only anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

snip

Even if you're counting minidungeons, it'd be 10.5, not 11.5.

Ice dungeons are pretty fun, imo. The Ice Cavern is one of the few things I still enjoy in OoT.

Not as much as ALBW Ice Ruins, TP Snowpeak Ruins, PH Ice Temple, or TMC Temple of Droplets though. So fun <3

Ice and Desert dungeons in Zelda are super fun to me in general, its probably why I love the Post-Master Sword dungeons of TP so much, (well that and we get 4 kickass dungeons in a row, after the solid 3 before it).

Also a note to keep in mind, Ocarina of Time was originally going to have a full Ice dungeon (which became the small ice cavern) and a proper temple of time (which was finally realized in TP). Its really cool they managed to revisit ideas they wanted to do.

Edited by Jedi

TMC's Temple of Droplets and FSA's ice tower (I forget the name) are the only ice dungeons I could stand. I hate the Ice Cavern, I hate Snowhead, and I hate Snowpeak. And I hate the ice dungeons in both ALttP and ALBW.

Desert and fire dungeons are my favorite. I like fire itself in general, though. lol But I don't think there's been either a desert dungeon OR a fire dungeon that I haven't liked so far!

Edited by Anacybele

I feel... the need... to push blocks... across ice...

Oh, BTW, you should add a poll for "Favorite TP dungeon" to this topic for fun.

I really want to get TP HD, but I can't at the moment (because money, which is also why I missed out on the Fates SE...AND IT WAS STILL FREAKING AVAILABLE WHEN I WAS LOOKING). I love TP, it's my second-favorite Zelda game, only being behind OoT. I love the dungeons and the overall feel and atmosphere of the game, and Midna is the best partner in the series yet! I hope to get it soon, and that awesome Wolf Link Amiibo is a really cool bonus!

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

I feel... the need... to push blocks... across ice...

Oh, BTW, you should add a poll for "Favorite TP dungeon" to this topic for fun.

Oh god, those puzzles were my LEAST favorite part of the game.

Hey, that's a good idea. I'll do that.