Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (releases on the 4th!)

Anacybele

Favorite TP Dungeon  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which of TP's dungeons is your favorite?

• Forest Temple
    • Goron Mines
    • Lakebed Temple
    • Arbiter's Grounds
    • Snowpeak Ruins
    • Temple of Time
    • City in the Sky
    • Palace of Twilight
    • Hyrule Castle

I think Twilight Princess has some of the best music in the Zelda series. The Hidden Village shootout was fun, and I wonder if it partially inspired Link's Crossbow Training.

https://youtu.be/LpfV8qXGalM?t=11m40s (BTW, if you want an full game of this, that's Sin & Punishment 2...)

My least favorite dungeon would be the Forest Temple. It's not bad, but it's not special either.

Edited by Zera

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, I usually see people argue that MM is the darkest Zelda. And I'm inclined to agree there now because of MM3D. I didn't think that damn moon could get any creepier!

Huh, I usually see people argue that MM is the darkest Zelda. And I'm inclined to agree there now because of MM3D. I didn't think that damn moon could get any creepier!

MM is literally set in a hopeless environment where everyone is dead or will be dead. I don't think TP can compete...

MM is literally set in a hopeless environment where everyone is dead or will be dead. I don't think TP can compete...

Many games have settings where everyone is dead or will be dead. The real world is like that too.

Everyone is not dead in MM, it's not purgatory or anything.

Will be dead referring to the impending apocalypse. Correct me if I'm wrong, but despite turning everything into Twilight Zant and Ganondork never went as far as Majora did.

Many games have settings where everyone is dead or will be dead. The real world is like that too.

It's a pity isn't it.

Will be dead referring to the impending apocalypse. Correct me if I'm wrong, but despite turning everything into Twilight Zant and Ganondork never went as far as Majora did.It's a pity isn't it.

Yeah they just took the place over although I do think Zant demented the Twili or whoever to fight or something. Although there was always Demise who apparently just killed absolutely everything.

Will be dead referring to the impending apocalypse. Correct me if I'm wrong, but despite turning everything into Twilight Zant and Ganondork never went as far as Majora did.It's a pity isn't it.

Yeah, but your sentence said "where everyone is dead or will be dead." They ain't dead yet! :P:

I think if you consider the split timeline that is canon in OoT's ending, doesn't that mean every time you turn back time you've left a doomed timeline behind where everyone DOES die? Also MM has you assisting numerous ghosts pass on. There really is a lot of death involved.

Yeah they just took the place over although I do think Zant demented the Twili or whoever to fight or something. Although there was always Demise who apparently just killed absolutely everything.

Yeah, he did do that... And they ultimately get killed by TP Link. Poor guys.

Yeah, but your sentence said "where everyone is dead or will be dead." They ain't dead yet! :P:

But they're going to be!

Link's Awakening has a pretty downer ending, with

you realizing the whole island is an illusion and everyone has to disappear if you want to return home

Edited by Jave

Link's Awakening has a pretty downer ending, with

you realizing the whole island is an illusion and everyone has to disappear if you to return home

Yeah...

Apparently, there's a non-Himekawa manga that makes it even sadder

Speaking of manga, TP has a chance of being the next one Himekawa does, especially now with this remake and all.

Has any figured out which songs have been remastered or remade or are they all the same as the original midi songs that were in the original. Windwaker HD had a significant amount of songs that were orchestrated like the Zelda's reveal music, the master sword etc.

It's actually been confirmed that a TP manga is being made. No word on a western release, though.

Really, see, I still can't find anything on which game it is. Maybe I should check Himekawa's site again...

Demise is Skyward Sword Link's battle, Glac, not TP Link's. They're not the same Link at all given that SS takes place even before OoT...

I meant the shadow beasts. I know SS Link killed Demise (Though in a way, every Link fought him given that he basically hijacks everything every other Zelda villain did with the curse... Or at least just Ganondork).

Edit: There we go. Just checked their site should do that more.

Edit II: http://zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Twilight_Princess_(Manga)

Seems the two of them are planning on an eventual translation, when is unknown.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Oh, okay, my bad.

My copy still hasn't gotten here yet and the mail came by. It was supposed to be here today. But hopefully this means it's not coming by USPS, but UPS or FedEx or something.

Has any figured out which songs have been remastered or remade or are they all the same as the original midi songs that were in the original. Windwaker HD had a significant amount of songs that were orchestrated like the Zelda's reveal music, the master sword etc.

There is some minor touch up of the MIDI but nothing has been fully reorchestrated. Some of the difference in quality is because the music files are not as compressed.

There is some minor touch up of the MIDI but nothing has been fully reorchestrated. Some of the difference in quality is because the music files are not as compressed.

that's a little bit of disappointment. Some of Windwaker HD's remastered touch ups were much better than the original. Guess they didn't feel the need to update some of it but at least the sound quality sounds like it's better.

Yep, my copy was brought by UPS, not USPS, and it's here. :D

Been watching one of my favorite shows on Hulu while waiting, but now I'm not sure if I want to play or keep watching. :P

Yep, my copy was brought by UPS, not USPS, and it's here. :D

Been watching one of my favorite shows on Hulu while waiting, but now I'm not sure if I want to play or keep watching. :P

Prepare to be impressed by the wonders of that brighter color palette

Really I'm impressed how far these little things go to improve the game.

Brighter colors are nice, I can agree with that. That's why I liked the graphics of TWW and the Four Sword games so much. Skyward Sword has nicely colored graphics too.

Brighter colors are nice, I can agree with that. That's why I liked the graphics of TWW and the Four Sword games so much. Skyward Sword has nicely colored graphics too.

Yeah, these days, even TWW's haters freely admit that the game's graphics are gorgeous. It was part of why I was personally surprised by the HD remake, since the GCN version is so pretty that it continues to hold up quite well today imo.

TP was similarly pretty on GCN/Wii, but not nearly on the same level. Really, since TWW I don't think any console Zelda has done graphics wrong, they all hold up incredibly, with each one having its own merits.

By the way is it just me or is the version of TP Link in Himekawa's manga more blonde than the game? It was pretty dirty blonde originally. Oh, and for those who don't know where their site is: http://www.himekawaartpro.com/

Yeah, he does look more light blonde there. Although, Nintendo has that habit too, making some Links more regular blonde (like OoT Link and Toon Link) and other Links more dirty blonde (TP Link and SS Link). Funny thing is though, the original Link from the first two Zelda games had brown hair, and no Link has had that since.