Kamui vs Corrin

BruceLee

Kamui vs Corrin  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

Which name do you like better? I'm also curious how many people are using either one as the name for their MU.

I find myself accidentally switching between the names when discussing the character on this forum. It's confusing when someone calls him/her Kamui and someone else calls him/her Corrin lol.

Edited by BruceLee

Corrin still reminds me of a Corrine, and all I can think about is Tales of Symphonia.

Kamui reminds me of several different things. Hence, Kamui.

I prefer, Kamui, I would be lying if I said it was because it's the original name, it's just that I prefer it over Corrin, which just sounds wrong... and reminds me of the fish collin. I just cannot not think of this fish when hearing Corrin.

Not that I called my Kamui Kamui or Corrin though.

Corrin still reminds me of a Corrine, and all I can think about is Tales of Symphonia.

Oh.
Oh.
I actually never thought of that.

I don't have a preference. But both names remind me of Cardfight Vanguard. Because there is a character named Kamui and a character named Kourin (pronounced the same). But Ike is the only character who starts as a Vanguard.

I don't think "Corrin" is a bad name, but considering that Kamui is supposed to be from Hoshido it feels like a mood-breaker. Of course, there are several other names on the Hoshido side that are even more guilty of this than "Corrin" … *looks at Caeldori and Rhajat*

I don't have a preference. But both names remind me of Cardfight Vanguard. Because there is a character named Kamui and a character named Kourin (pronounced the same). But Ike is the only character who starts as a Vanguard.

If Ike is a starting vanguard, isn't he in a really bad position? Like, who rides on him? :P:

If we're going the Vanguard route, I think that Corrin's a lot more fitting for the avatar. However, I found Kourin to be annoying, and Kamui's kinda redeemed himself in GIRS, so that's another point in favor of Kamui (the FE14 avatar). Though I might make a blond avatar and name her Kourin in honor of that!

I like Kamui more as an actual name since they're from Hoshido initially (while Garon could've renamed them, Kaze recognizing that make makes that unlikely) but I do enjoy calling him Corn and I don't have anything against Corrin, I just like making food jokes about as many people of the cast as possible

so both are fine

I think I prefer Corrin, but I use both. However, I lean Corrin towards being a male name while Kamui being a female one.

I use Corrin as my "canon" name for a male Avatar who will do all three paths and marry Azura in each one. (His end path is Relevations, but my headcanon is that he goes through Birthright and Conquest before doing Revelations)

I use Kamui as a female avatar in Birthright.

However, there are a bunch of other runs I want to do, so I have other names for those avatars. (Anya for "canon" Nohr, Isamu for "canon" Hoshido, Marcus for "main endgame" Relavations.) But as for the two names, Corrin is the one I'll use the most.

I like both, but Corrin has grown on me, I will agree Kamui fits more with Hoshido, and Corrin fits more with Nohr.

I don't use default names usually unless I don't change the look.

I like both, but Corrin has grown on me, I will agree Kamui fits more with Hoshido, and Corrin fits more with Nohr.

I don't use default names usually unless I don't change the look.

I liked Kamui way more when i first heard the name Corrin, but i must say Corrin has grown on me as well.

I liked Kamui way more when i first heard the name Corrin, but i must say Corrin has grown on me as well.

Yeah I questioned it at first but was like, y'know I think I like it.

I prefer Kamui but I don't use that name.

I name all my Fates protagonists after various Japanese deities. My latest three are Uzume, Kannon and Bentenza. My planned male MC is going to be named either Hotei or Daikoku.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I honestly prefer Corrin. It's the official English name and it just sounds like a FE Lord name. Kamui does fit Hoshido though. I haven't used either name in my playthroughs, since I named my character after my actual name. I also like to name my characters names from other franchises, like The Legend of Zelda (naming my character Zelda).

Kamui sounds more like it should be their name. (and is the real name for my male MU, Garon just changed it to Hveðrungr)

Corrin, ill use as a placeholder name when talking to people about the game.

I liked Kamui more, personally. It sounds exotic and hints at his special ancestry. Corrin is just... eh. I'm sure there were better gender neutral names to choose from (sorry Lordcorrin). As far as the story is concerned, both names are a little problematic. If Garon wanted to hide your past, he wouldn't let you keep a Hoshidan name but if Suzukaze recognizes your name...yeah.

I'll use them interchangeably on the forums, depending on what portmanteau I'm using. Nohrrin, Mamui, etc.

I hope the next Avatar (and you know there will be one) is called Jamie so I can't get my Game of Thrones on.

Edited by NekoKnight